Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.3

on 4/27/2018 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This was a blind buy. I've tried it three times and it is musty, dusty, and fusty on me. It doesn't work for me at all.

This is the first blind buy in 30+ years that I can't do SOMETHING with and that I truly regret. The bottle is really fun and attractive, but the stem seems a little flimsy, and I don't buy fragrances for the bottle anyway.

I verified the batch code on checkfresh and it's from 2016; the bottle and the wrapping shielded the juice from light, so I don't think staleness is an issue. Now to figure out what to do with the "leftovers"...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

On me, LL actually starts pretty boozy, in the best possible way, but it's mostly herbal and deep with a beautiful hit of spice.
Unfolds into a dreamy concoction of flowers and seasonings, I think Annick Menardo approached this one like like recipe for some kind of arcane fae creature celebration.

It could have been hork inducing sticky sweet but for the use of piquant anise and deep, mysterious licorice.
Tonka and vanilla make it toe curling yummy.
Vetiver and musk give it a fleshy, sensuous feel.

The overall effect is one I like to compare to a walk in the woods, in the deep of night, with fairies flying everywhere, treats falling from the midnight sky while the druids prepare some kind of potion hidden deep in their lair.
Magic, fairytale like but with the longevity of a tantric voyage through the ages.

The bottle: Beautiful, yes, BUT... The spraying mechanism is the biggest PITA I have ever used omg.
I will forgive this design flaw, though: The scent is that good.

Compared to SL Douce Amère: It's dreamier, more ethereal, I find DA more "NYC party", more sophisticated, but LL (on me) feels more... deliciously frivolous.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this sweet fragrance! It is my second favorite from Lolita Lempicka. I buy at a reduced price from a discount fragrance site.

on 6/20/2010 6:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I agree with other reviewers who have noted the Tim Burton vibe, this one's got it! And that's why I love it, and wear it quite a lot. I smell this all the time in Italy, it's extremely popular there. And for anise/licorice lovers, you must have this in your collection. Quirky, sweet, and addictive....

on 3/10/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't seem like a remake of Angel to me, but like a remake of Poison (the original). Even the apple-shaped purple bottle is similar. It is sweeter than Poison, in keeping with current tastes, but it has a similar decadent feel. Like Poison, I like it a lot, although I can't quite figure out why--both fragrances have many notes I usually dislike.

on 9/30/2005 4:35:00 PM

I have a glass cabinet in my bathroom. Thats the only reason I bought this. 'cuz it looks great sitting on display. I was prepared to hate it. I do hate it when first sprayed. It just sucks. Smells of heavy, cheap violet through a nasty ozone air filter. During the dry down too. I almost washed it off 'cuz I couldn't take it. Then I got busy and forgot I had it on. An hour later I suddenly found myself getting these delicious whiffs of something...mmmmmmmm...what IS that great smell??? OH!! It's me!! How is it possible that something so horrific out of that lovely bottle smells soooo wonderful an hour later?? I love this stuff for all the reasons the other lovers state. I knocked off 1 lippie because I'm a hater for the first hour and because it doesn't last that long on me, leaving only a small window to love it.

on 1/7/2004 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I got a sample flyer for this fragrance a few years ago and loved what I smelled on the paper sample. After I purchased this fragrance, however, I guess you could say I got sort of strange comments - everytime I wore this someone asked me if I was wearing baby lotion?? My chemistry must make it smell like babies?? I used up what I had but probably will never purchase any more.

on 8/11/2002 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm undecided on Lolita Lempicka EDP. It seems to go through so many mini-phases, constantly changing, where it smells good at times, but then switches to
medicinal or skunky. Very confusing. I like the men's version too and am intrigued with the combination of notes in all of the LL's. The women's version has its moments. I like the final drydown best as it smells good, is not too strong, and is predictable and not changing further at that point.
Three hours to wait til it gets to that point is a bit long for me.
I just don't like the strength and uncertainties before it gets there.
Later -- I found the Legere version
is perfect for me - see my review of LL Legere.

on 6/12/2001 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I did not like this one at all. To me, it smelled very similar to Eternity. I tried it few times and kept smelling that all too familiar Eternity smell, so... I gave it away with the agreement they never wear it around me. Beautifu bottle though.But,instant headache for me guaranteed with this one! :(