Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.8

on 12/16/2017 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Lolita is pleasant enough, but unfortunately I am just too tired of fragrances with fruity notes to enjoy this at the moment. I was skeptical about the licorice and anise notes, but I was surprised how well they blended with the rest of the notes and didn't smell at all like licorice. I also enjoyed the ivy notes, which kept the fragrance somewhat reigned in from being too sweet.

But the violets and cherry rose just enough above the rest to register ''fruity'' to my nose, and unfortunately that is a dealbreaker. I'm looking for more spice. This seemed less a true gourmand and more of an herbal, fruity drink rather than something yummy to eat, if that makes sense.

I would imagine this scent would definitely suit a gothic girl, or one with a more mysterious personality. I would be thrilled to smell it on someone else. It is very unique compared to most typical fruity young fragrances. But for me, it is not hitting the spot. I will file it away and possibly revisit it later.

on 12/8/2017 12:30:00 AM

This is the scent people recognize me by, I got my first sample vial when I was 13, and finally purchased my first bottle at 25 (gorgeous bottle btw!). I've been wearing it ever since, have purchased countless bottles, and I'm 32 today. On to the scent, it's got a little bit of everything, it's sweet thanks to licorice, but not the heavy/cloying sweetness you find in many scents today... It's got abit of spice (anise), a crisp woodsiness, and a touch of magical powderiness that makes me think 'fairy dust'. It's quirky, it's feminine, and mystical, and the notes are in such harmony with each other. Very distinct and memorable. I use this mainly in fall and winter, it suits any occasion...but it also wears beautifully on breezy spring/summer nights. I stray from this scent from time to time, but I always end up coming back to it, friends tell me it suits me better than every other scent I own (and I have 25 bottles in my collection).

on 6/4/2016 5:59:00 AM

This scent is divine. Just gorgeous! Sweet and mysterious. While shopping there was only one other fragrance that I liked...and it was Black Opium. But I preferred Lolita Lempicka because the scent is just so unique. Many fragrances can say I'm woman and I'm sexy. But only this says I'm woman, come find me.

on 3/26/2016 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My review will probably get lost in a sea of reviews... But this is an absolute gem, I am not a perfume connoisseur in anyway or form but i seem to enjoy complexe and sophisticated scents. This has been on the market 15 years or so? So different and yummy!!! I was so scared to buy this even if my bottle came from kijiji and only cost 40$ but I'm so glad I did. I am a licorice lover but some of the notes scared me along with some really awful comments but I took the plunge and now I must say this is my #2 favorite after Roberto cavalli... Not even in the same category but I love love love you Lolita!!!!

Thought I had the old formula but it's the new one after all, anywho, the sweetness is young, dark, mysterious, and fairy tale princess lost in a forest-like. It's like making the world around you into an instant fairy tale. Now I'm older and don't reach for it as much but I still consider this a gem for every bohemian girl out there. The bottle is as cute as it gets, too.

on 7/30/2014 8:22:00 AM

yuck, nauseatingly sweet. way too much. like extreme cotton candy.

This gem started out for me as a trail blazer. First of all let me explain why, I hate, HATE, hATE with a passion the smell and the food licorice and that note exist in this perfume. So when I first smelled it I was turned off by the smell but once it settled the vetiver mixes in with the licorice along with the violet, vanilla, cherry, and iris and becomes beautiful. Then it becomes sweet with a musky scent. OMG... it reminds me of the daughter of the daughter's mother to Samsara at this point and their makeups have nothing in common except for the violet, vanilla, and orris root.
If you can get past the immediate first spray, this is truly a worthy gem.

Buy again: maybe...leaning toward yes because it's very unique and I'm in love with the adorable bottle. I bought this on a whim after reading numerous reviews because Groupon had it for a steal. I had never smelled it before. I was very nervous about the baby powder some reviewers mentioned, but I took a chance anyway. I like creamy/smooth/powdery scents, not baby powder.
Admittedly, the baby powder smell was strong here, and almost overpowering at first spray. But there was something darker lingering behind the powder that told me to hold off a few minutes before judging. I soon found out that it was the licorice pricking my nose. I DESPISE black licorice as a flavor. HOWEVER, having the scent mixed with the powder, the final smell worked for me. It's sweet, but not like candy or caramel. It's more like a powdered Dr. Pepper or Coke...or a powdered licorice-flavored jelly bean. At least that's how this perfume worked on me.
I have the parfum version and it is very strong. One spray on one wrist, dabbed on the other, and that's about all I can take.

I can see why people hate it, just as much as I can see why people love it. It's really a "to each her own" kind of perfume.
If you hate it, it's still super cute on a vanity or perfume tray.

Update (next day): By the end of the day yesterday, I was ready to scrub the perfume off my arm. It wasn't the power that got to me, it was the licorice. It eventually got so potent that I could nearly taste the flavor in my mouth, and again, I HATE black licorice. I'll try again but spray with a very light hand. But now I'm leaning toward not repurchasing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I can't believe I have never reviewed this magical scent. From the beautiful fairy tale bottle to the genius marriage of licorice, patchouli, cherry, violet and ivy leaves, this sumptuous delicacy is never too much. It's a perfect poem of a scent - doesn't take itself too seriously and yet always speaks with a lyrical tongue. There's a hay-like accord in this that I simply adore.
Now it's around 15 years old, and hasn't aged an iota, Lolita Lempicka's timelessness has been proven. Even if the fashions shift back to solar musks and salty ozone scents, this is one of the best gourmands ever made. The new praline scents that are ten-a-penny are messy disasters next to this composed young lady.

on 11/2/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

When this first came out and thought it was too thick smelling and cloyingly sweet for me. I'm curious how I'd react to it now.

The name is cool, though. Lolita Lempicka. Strange associations: reminds me of Lotte Lenya for some odd reason. Also reminds me of a scent Betsy Johnson would wear.

I do not recommend at all

Popular Fragrances