Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found some of the prettiest ads for this perfume and uploaded them. This perfume is so whimsical and fabulous. I have loved it since 1997 and even wore a knock off from Avon. lol I was 14! I had to wear that one. I think it was called butterfly. I'll talk about the bottle first, it really seems that Lolita was one of the first to create an interesting and unique bottle. It's a conversation piece and I collect perfume bottles.
The ad's tell alot about it, so take a look at those. The fourth is the newest one.
The perfume notes:
Fresh, Sweet Oriental, Vanilla. Created in 1997, Lolita Lempicka is a refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance. A fragrance of contrasts; baroque and contemporary, curvaceous and strong, enclosed in an apple shaped bottle. With a liquorice accord comprising of aniseed, violet, vanilla and praline with a floral oriental harmony of ivy, iris, amarena, tonka bean, vetiver, and musk. Lolita Lempicka is elegant and voluptuous.

It's one of a kind, there's nothing like it... not after 11 years. I think it's along the same lines as Angel that way. Both are ground breaking in perfume. I don't like Angel, but I love Lolita.

on 9/18/2007 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

A couple of years ago, I was on a vacation with some girlfriends, and we were getting ready to go out. One of my friends applied Lolita Lempicka (which I had never heard of before then), and I commented to her that she smelled so good that *I* wanted to pick up on her...and I'm straight! She made me wear some as well, and when we went out that night, I got SO many comments on how good I smelled. I went home after that vacation and immediately went online to Sephora to order a bottle.

Needless to say, I love this scent, and it's now my signature fragrance. It's so complex that it's hard to describe, but it's spicy with a bit of citrus and musky scents. But even that description fails it. Just go to Sephora or another store that carries it and smell it for yourself. You will NOT be disappointed.

Oh and an added note to anyone that loves this scent...if you're familiar with Tyler Candle Company, their 24-7 Glam is an exact knockoff of Lolita Lempicka...I hang the air fresheners in the car and my car smells so great!

This scent matches it's packaging better than any other I can think of. It's cute, sweet and unique. I get compliments all the time and like it a little more every time I wear it.

on 7/16/2006 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I so want to love this, as the bottle is the prettiest bottle I've ever encountered. At first spritz, it smells very sweet, and not terribly heavy - I do notice the licorice smell so many have mentioned. Then it intensifies as time passes and grows ever sweeter, and dare I say - stronger - so that I finally had to shower to remove it after only 2 hours. My chemistry doesn't agree with all perfumes, and this never smelled totally retched- it just smelled so sweet as time passed that it brought to mind the scent of delicatly rotting fruit, and honestly made me start to fell physically ill and nauseated.

Absolutely my favorite perfume! I've worn this one since it's beginning, and I cannot go without. The bottle was what initially caught my eye, because of the lovely gold and purple apple. How beautiful! Then after a spritz in some department store, I was in love! Vanilla, licorice, violet, and smokey, sexy musk! I had never sniffed anything so delectable. When I'm feeling feisty, I wear this scent. A little goes a long way, though, because otherwise it's overpowering. The compliments from men I receive when I'm draped in this aroma are never ending. (Makes my boyfriend jealous!) ;) It's not for everyday used, though. I wear it on cool summer nights, or daytime in fall and winter. It will carry you into the evening...sipping your dirty martini, making eyes at some handsome stranger.

on 10/2/2004 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

The fact that I actually bought this perfume absolutely amazes me. I have never liked fragrances like this (and I absolutely gagged on Angel). My husband actually liked it at the fragrance counter when I tried it on. For about 20 mins I wasn't sure if I liked it, but then as it mixed with my chemistry I was completely smitten! Since fragrance conjures up images and pictures for me, this makes me think of an exotic harem with lots of purples and golds. Very lush and sensual. I purchased the "midnight" version, which the SA informed me was between Eau de Parfum and Parfum and is a limited edition. I need that because very often fragrances just disappear on me. I got the limited-edition roller bottle which is absolutely exquisite with its trademark whimsical packaging and gold roller ball. This whole experience took me by suprise and I am so glad I decided to try something vastly different from what I usually wear. When I looked up the notes of this fragrance, I was suprised to find that this perfume is made up of two seperate parts that have their own base, middle and top notes. No wonder it smells so unique!!
UPDATE: I am continuing to wear this, and I have to say, I believe I have found my HG. I never thought this would be it, since I was always into skin scents but I don't want to wear anything else anymore!

on 4/4/2004 9:35:00 PM

What a fascinating and unusual scent! Truly deserving of all the hype and controversy.

On me, the top notes smell of cherry syrup and peppery liquorice. It then transforms into the cloying green warmth of clove cigarettes. The drydown is gradual and exquisitely sweet.

I'm drawn to Lolita Lempicka because it's so distinct and overwhelming. That's right, overwhelming. On first wearing I felt almost hot and giddy. The EDP is not for the very young or the faint of heart! For a lighter touch, try the sparklier, girlier EDT.

Many comparisons have been made between Lolita Lempicka and Angel. Both are strong, candy-like orientals, but the similarities end there. Angel is less sweet, more vanilla-patchouli, and frankly does not approach the mystery that is Lolita Lempicka. continued >>

on 7/12/2010 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this as a present and I initially didnt really care too much for this when I first tried it. BUT it really grew on me. I think i didnt really know what to make of it when I first got it because it's such a unique scent. it's definately something you want to try next time you are at a dept store. This is also one of those scents, if you grow to like it, could easily become a signature scent as it is quite unique

on 9/19/2009 4:34:00 PM

I bought it because I loved the bottle, I thought it would smells candy-fruty-sweet (like apple?), but it didn't, on me it smells 'like walking in to an herbal store' - my friend said - may be its just my chemistry, but I wouldn't buy it again... it looks good on my dresser though!

on 6/23/2009 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My #1 favorite scent! I wore this at many special times in my life and my friends love it too!