Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

3.8

on 9/26/2008 11:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love everything about this fragrance! This smells changes throughout the day on me and it just gets more beautiful as it changes. It starts off delicately sweet and powdery,a smell which is so unique and inviting. The drydown is my favorite. It smells like wet leaves and rich soil which might sound unappealing but it is actually so feminine and subtle. I have to put my nose to my wrist to smell the earthyness. I definitely love the aniseed as well. The bottle is so gorgeous, it reminds me of something Snow White would have on her dresser. Very fairytale. Also the staying power is excellent but it can be a bit overpowering if you spray too much. A very feminine and unique fragrance. Love it!

on 2/9/2007 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Lolita Lempicka is an enchanting spicy oriental scent which combines notes of Ivy Leaves, Aniseed, Amarena Heart, Violets, Iris Roots, Vetiver, Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Musk.
It's an extremely warm, sensual and romantic fragrance which always attracts compliments from both men and women. The staying power is fantastic, especially when layered with the gloriously smooth body lotion. The beautifully colored and decorated bottle finalizes the perfectness of this fragrance.

I remember the day a former co-worker walked by my desk, trailing Lolita Lempicka in her wake. My nose immediately came to attention and I demanded to know what she was wearing. She gave me the name and begged me not to buy it. We were friends outside of work so I knew it would be difficult to keep my purchase a secret, but I managed to wear this scent for over a year before she finally caught on, wearing it only on dates and spraying before bed and never wearing it anywhere I knew I'd bump into her. She'd discovered it first - it was only fair...

I bought a bottle for my younger sister for Christmas one year after she fell in love with the scent once she'd smelled it on me. I think the nose instantly decides whether or not it loves or hates this fragrance; there's no in-between, no moment of contemplation.

As a couple of previous reviewers have mentioned, this perfume DOES seem as though it could be an object from a Tim Burton movie, and the smell itself is whimsical and mysterious enough to bring to mind associations from several of his films. There is almost a "fog" to this scent that is at once inviting and romantic, yet could easily hint at something darker and mysterious, lying in wait.

It's light and powdery, yet deep and multi-layered. It brings to mind the innocent fantasies of a young girl, though, make no mistake - this perfume will not hint of subtle dreams and naivitee; to wear it is to openly invite the attention of others, and though it seems to tease as much as smile in a come-hither way, it is unmistakably bold in all its intentions, even if the expression is less than direct. With Lolita Lempicka, you'll turn heads and men will come running just to stand by your side and breathe it in. Truly a fairly tale in a bottle.

If you adore the scent of parma violets, as I do, you may find yourself loving this perfume. Bonus: the smell of licorice is known to entice men and this scent is loaded with the sharp smell of it, and softened with the powdery symphony of violet petals so as to disguise the notes you are actually smelling and present them in the form of a beautiful potion that giggles and sings...

If you're a fan of Flowerbomb or Kenzo Amour, do give this a try...

My only gripe is the bottle itself - lovely as it is; it leaks when transported and I believe the scent evaporated a bit as there is no lid (though I may have displayed my first one on my dresser in full sunlight -- which I've since discovered to be a big no-no...)

on 9/11/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

The first spritz is sharp, THICK licoricey too muchness. Then it calms down...the violets make their appearance. The violets are green& slightly herbaceous mixed with the licorice with it's slight minty tang that makes this perfume work. it's sweet, caramel, a gourmand that is turned clean & fresh by the violet & licorice. The longer it wears, the more love it. It almost takes on a your skin but better quality. Very warm, sweet slightly caramelised skin & it's a delight! I adore this!

on 5/31/2013 4:24:00 PM

I was so apprehensive about trying this one, because I hate overly musky scents and I'm not a big licorice fan. I'm happy to report that it was love at first sniff! Lolita Lempicka is a magical, sweet, powdery scent at first;To me, it completely lives up to the whimsy of that gorgeous bottle. It smells like baby powder and delicious, delicious candy (yet it's not juvenile in the least; quite the contrary, it somehow manages to exude sophistication.) The licorice is noticeably there, but it's not obnoxious at all. I suspect that the vanilla is probably responsible for balancing everything out. The musk becomes more noticeable on the dry down, but it's mixed in with the powdery notes well enough that it doesn't interfere with what I love about this fragrance. Everything together forms a scent that is actually quite feminine and heavenly! I tried this on before my shower and now I keep finding things to do around the house to procrastinate, just so I can smell it longer without wasting another spritz from my tester bottle!

That said: my fiancee detests it. He says that it smells exclusively like baby powder and that "it's not attractive at all." Color me crushed. This is definitely a different scent (one of the many things I love about it), so I understand that it's not everyone. I could even see with the musk how some may find it a bit matronly. I keep getting whiffs of it as I type, though, and it's so lovely. I think I may have to buy a bottle anyway. I'll just wear it on nights out with the girls.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found some of the prettiest ads for this perfume and uploaded them. This perfume is so whimsical and fabulous. I have loved it since 1997 and even wore a knock off from Avon. lol I was 14! I had to wear that one. I think it was called butterfly. I'll talk about the bottle first, it really seems that Lolita was one of the first to create an interesting and unique bottle. It's a conversation piece and I collect perfume bottles.
The ad's tell alot about it, so take a look at those. The fourth is the newest one.
The perfume notes:
Fresh, Sweet Oriental, Vanilla. Created in 1997, Lolita Lempicka is a refreshing, oriental, woody fragrance. A fragrance of contrasts; baroque and contemporary, curvaceous and strong, enclosed in an apple shaped bottle. With a liquorice accord comprising of aniseed, violet, vanilla and praline with a floral oriental harmony of ivy, iris, amarena, tonka bean, vetiver, and musk. Lolita Lempicka is elegant and voluptuous.

It's one of a kind, there's nothing like it... not after 11 years. I think it's along the same lines as Angel that way. Both are ground breaking in perfume. I don't like Angel, but I love Lolita.

on 6/24/2008 6:09:00 AM

I read the reviews on this perfume, decided to go to the store and tried it out.
The first time, i sprayed it on a tester and i said "no" and went home.
The next day i read again the review, coz i love the gorgeous bottle and wanna have it somehow, so i went back to the store, smell the sample bottle, "yeah, let's give it a try", so i sprayed it on my wrist. On that very day, the SA tried countless number of perfume for me and at the end i got so confused that i decided to leave for a walk.
When i left for my office, coz lunch time was finished, i smelled one of my prefumed wrists and said to myself "what is this, it's lovely". Took me a while to remember that it's indeed Lolita Lempicka.
So for the rest of the afternoon i couldn't stop sniffing my wrist and needless to say, i went straight to the store and bought myself a bottle.

On me, Lolita is light, a bit sweet and a bit spicy with a hint of green, which i love. I always love the concept of fresh perfume, but they never work for me, i tried L'eau par Kenzo, L'eau D'issey, Gio women, D&G Light Blue and at the end always had to try and scrub the scents off. I also tried fresh and sweet perfumes like Ralph Lauren Ralph and Carolina Herrera Chic and they are way sweeter than Lolita)

Lolita Lempicka is great on me, for colder weather (not summer), coz when it's colder, the perfume give you the warm feeling whilst still giving you the sense of freshness (as in it's not rotten nor sweaty, not cloying nor head-achy, not strong nor hot).

The staying power isn't the greatest, but on me it last for about 7-8 hours. Which is already good.

Now it's a bit warmer out there, i stopped wearing Lolita since i prefer something else lighter. Still looking!

The bottle is beautiful but due to the design, it doesn't have a cap, and if you put it in your handbag, there's a big chance that at the end of the day your bag smell like Lolita, which is nice, of couse, But you will probably need to buy a new bottle sooner than anticipated.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been wearing this everyday. It is a lovely, woodsy, licorice type scent with a hint of sweetness. It mellows down quite lovely on my skin and holds out for the day. Unusual and special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is the only perfume I have purchased again and again. Beautiful, sexy and flowery and oriental at the same time. Lasts long and if I am lucky I will find it on sale in winners or jean coutu. Men love this!

Awesome. I wear it when I want to come across as smart and sharp yet chipper. I am in love with the salty licorice and fresh herbs and sweet dry down. Not particularly sexy or beautiful, but rather LOVELY with BRAINS. Interesting, too.