Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Filtered by age: 19-24
Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

Ah, Lolita Lempicka, I love you so. Everything about this perfume is perfect. The packaging is amazing- the juice is even more amazing. I started wearing this perfume when I was about 15, and it's been my signature ever since. I sampled it first from a Lolita Lempicka ad in my mom's Vanity Fair. The ad is what drew me in- a sultry dryad reclining on a tree. Just gorgeous. Something about this perfume is very Tim Burtonesque. It's whimsical and fairy tale-like, but sinister at the same time. It smells sweet and sharp all at once- very dichotomous. I'll quit gushing, LL is so sumptuous- please try it.

on 11/18/2012 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I am so sad I ended up hating this. I'm a gourmand lover and I thought the description of this sounded absolutely gorgeous. But after swapping for it, I tried it and it smells like licorice diapers...Totally bizarre but that's the best way I can describe it! Pampers and licorice, no delicious notes in here, not at all :(

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is hands down the most repulsive fragrance I've ever come across. Sad but true. The first time I sampled the fragrance, my body jumped away from the perfume counter involuntarily. That has never happened to me in my entire existence. The fragrance was overwhelmingly sickly sweet and overpowering. I find this odd since I adore L de Lolita Lempicka. But this dreadful fragrance...never again.

Such a shame. The bottle is to die for!

on 11/19/2012 2:41:00 AM

I started wearing this properly after my first trip to France, on school exchange, where my host sister's best friend had dozens (not exaggerating) of empties of this lined up on her dresser. Needless to say, the smell reminds me of France, but also of going out - I think this is an excellent scent for wearing at night. It's a heady, liquor-ish liquorice based fragrance that is totally enveloping, kind of like a velvet hug. Which also makes it very good for winter and the colder months. The longevity of its popularity has also made it really affordable and easy to find if you need to try some (chances are you'll smell it and go 'oh! I know this smell!') - it's similar to Angel by Thierry Mugler in it's craving-inducing deliciousness but without that wet, sad yeasty tea note that I find makes me hate Angel a little bit. This is a truly beautiful and popular-for-a-reason perfume. Definitely worth a try, if not an obsession.

And the bottle is gorgeous, of course.

on 6/19/2011 2:45:00 PM

Lolita Lempicka is definitely sweet. But unlike many other perfumes, the sweetness here isn't foodie nor floral and I don't find it to be a necessarily girlish scent.

As so many others have mentioned, the licorice/anise note is very prominent here. But don't think candy licorice, rather it's the star anise straight out of the spice cabinet - spicy (in a peppery way), musty, and with a peculiar sharpness. The heavy ivy note in the beginning also adds a rather intense (imo) greenness. There is a sweetness to the beginning as well but it's obviously separate from the ivy and licorice. It's as if someone put a bowl of sugared water beside the anise and the ivy and then you took a deep inhale..... Separate, but together. I find the overall result is a somewhat medicinal (but not necessarily in a bad way) opening; perhaps a bit too sharply green for my own personal taste but still nice enough.

The middle is where the ivy fades a great deal and seems to be replaced by a woodiness. It's still quite green but the vanilla starts to creep out and the sweetness from the vanilla seems to mix in with the other notes and the sugar tempers the sharpness a bit. The spicyness of the opening licorice remains and combines very well with the sweet. The notes also get a bit more powdery but not intensely so. Personally I'm not very fond of powdery scents but Lolita doesn't get bad enough that I find it unappealing.

The greenness is mostly completely gone in the base. I find the base to be the sweetest part of the entire fragrance. The powderiness from earlier fades a great deal and the scent warms quite a bit and loses the forest-y part of it from earlier. Lolita becomes quite honey-like with bits of spicy chocolate/vanilla and there are the barest, barest hints to something else (licorice, greens). For those of you who don't really like sweet scents though, it's still alright, the base I find to be very very faint and fleeting. You have to concentrate to smell it. The musk does peek out a bit as well, but less so on my skin (on clothes though, it's a different story - the muskiness and peppery aspects are much more prominent and it's much more unisex/mens aftershave kind of scent). The base isn't exactly as warm and inviting as I would like, but then, Lolita's not really a "comforting" fragrance so it makes sense.

Longevity is decent, about 8ish hours or so. And as so many others have said, the bottle's beautifully adorable. I haven't had any issues with the spray top yet but sometimes it can be a bit difficult to see exactly where you've got the opening nozzle turned if you're not paying attention.

Overall, a decent frag. I like it, but it can get a bit sharp for me at times - it might rate a bit higher if the vanilla notes came out more for me and the ivy was toned down just a little-little bit. I find the advertisements to be a fair representation of the perfume - all dark greens and woods but with a sweet dryad at the heart of it all.

on 11/14/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Me and Lolita share a story that begins a long long time ago, practically in 1997 when it was launched and until recently I never thought I would love it.

Well, I was only nine years old then, at the kitchen of the house I lived with my family, drawing the pages of one of my mother's magazines. I still remember the moment I saw the advertisement, it was one of the most charming things ever, a beautiful dryad lying in the dark, enchanting wood... And I smelled the paper strip. I wasn't impressed-I was just a kid after all- but since it's a very memorable scent this very moment is engraved in my memory. The beauty, my mother's magazine, our old kitchen, my family's love somehow were connected with this scent in a magical way... Till this day I feel like having a guardian angel by my side while wearing Lolita...

Since then years came by and every now and then I came across the wonderful picture, always felt a bit emotional and considered the bottle a true piece of art but I never tested the fragrance itself. I don't know why, I might didn't want to connect the smell with my present and break the bound between the scent and my precious childhood memories.

Two years ago a mini of it was offered with a magazine and I couldn't help but purchasing it since I collect perfume miniatures. I remember being anxious while applying a drop on my wrist. I was SO disappointed I couldn't believe it! It was so strong... and green... and potent! Really sad I washed it off and never touched the tiny beauty again.

But another day, a few months later I walked in the mall and passed by the most beautiful bottle I've ever seen, tested on a paper strip and nope, same negative reaction. I was so pissed! How could it happen? Where was the soft, comforting scent I always had on my mind? I gave it a last chance anyway, sprayed lightly in the air, walked through the mist and continued my shopping. As the time came by I noticed an increasingly delightful aura all over me. The longer it stayed the better it smelled and lasted ALL day- I didn't even want to take a shower (well I did at last!)

After all I bought a small bottle to see what happens. It's been almost two years since then and I have to admit I was scared of the initial spray. It's a really really potent combination of anise, ivy and licorice and that's the challenging part. I honestly have to wait two hours for the best part to begin but the drydown... OH LORD, SUCH A DELIGHT! The licorice, the musk, the almond, the vanilla, the praline...! It sounds like a candy shop, but it doesn't smell like that for sure! The particular combination of notes creates such a rich, earthy, not foody-sweet but rather woody-sweet scent I can't get enough of! And it lasts... and lasts... and lasts, exceptional quality perfume!

For me it's a strictly winter scent since it warms me up. You have to appreciate deep, complex scents in order to like this one, I don't think it's meant to be worn by teenagers. And it's unique- I've never smelled something similar. It took a long time to realize it's a masterpiece and extra-precious to me due to the memories. Somehow we're meant to go through rough times and live happily ever after just like in every proper fairytale.. Wearing this magical scent feels like resting on the most comfortable couch you can imagine of, in front of the fireplace with the snow falling outside, before a good sleep full of dreams with fairies and enchanted forests...

''I drew on my distant memories to recreate this intense moment when a girl is waiting to become a woman." Lolita Lempicka.

Charming...

on 7/20/2007 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ohh, my lovely Loli, this is a beautiful fragrance that both works well on my skin and is liked by my man! It powers its way out of its pretty little bottle, but once it's calmed down a bit the fresh but floral-chocolatey-dewy scent comes into its own. It's a day scent though - I like a much darker fragrance for evening, but this is a great combination of unusual, relatively inoffensive (so wearable to work) and fun. I think it's a really 'happy' smell. I could never get tired of wearing it. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a mysteriously sweet scent. It has a great dry down on my skin. Many women recommended it to me as the most delicious, youthful scent, perfect for my twenties; and when I tried it out I just couldn't pass it up. The smell is sweet and musky at the same time, not sickeningly sweet or fruity, definitely not super floral either. It just has a cool balance. I spent $50 on this bottle of perfume when I have like 5 fragrances I need to use up D: But then again, perfume is something I slurge on because it is worth it.
Can we just take a moment to appreciate the bottle? It is absolutely stunning!
Purpley blue crystal apple with golden flower accents. The small twig on the apple is what you press to get the product out of the container. Absolutely stunning and creative.
I took a lippie off the rating because the perfume doesn't have the strong durability I wish it had :(

on 12/30/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Five years ago, I blind bought this fragrance at a steep discount from a local drugstore. As the bottle was apple-shaped, I expected the juice inside to smell fruity and fresh. What I got instead was a heavy cloud of powder. I put it away and every now and then I would take out the bottle from its box and stare at it admiringly, but upon smelling the remaining scent on the nozzle I would be reminded of the dangerous juice--I vowed never to spray it again.

For the past half year, however, I have become increasingly disenchanted by sweet, sugary scents. I've become less attached to former favourites, and the cake and cotton candy perfumes I used to love were no longer calling to me. That's not to say that I hate all fruity and foodie scents; rather, I've become more selective when before I would be enamoured by anything that did smell like desserts, and as I've expanded my tastes, I was looking for something new.

That's when I took out Lolita Lempicka to use again. The powdery notes and muskiness this time around appealed to my nose, and I was able to make out the sweetness of the vanilla mixed with licorice. Even so, I still consider this to be more oriental than gourmand. The sillage is moderate to heavy, so a little goes a long way.

Definitely an underappreciated scent!

on 11/18/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Let's start with the most obvious thing- The bottle is perfection! I love the box too, with it's yellow-green colour and cute scrolled logo. Boxes are important to me since I always store my perfumes in their bottles to preserve the scent. The bottle itself is stunning. It's a lilac glass apple with gold leaf patterns. I was a little confused at first, trying to take the lid off. Then I realised that the spray is actually within the apple stem- so adorable! Unfortunately, this does make it very difficult to spray as there is very little surface area to press.

Once I- finally- manage to spray it, I'm immediately hit by the top notes of aniseed. It's a sweet, almost fruity, aniseed and very gourmand. It smells warm and comforting so it's perfect for cold mornings. As it wears, a vanilla base note comes through which adds to that feeling of warmth.

The sillage is great. I've smelt it on people before and I always know exactly what they're wearing. It's very recognisable and the sillage lasts throughout the day. Speaking of longevity, this lasts forever. It clings to clothes but still smells fresh without going stale.

In terms of price, it's pretty average for my expenditure at around 50 for 50ml. It surprises me as I was expecting it to be more expensive. Although it's very popular in the fragrance fanatic cirles, it's pretty niche in terms of mainstream fragrance. Plus, it has such great sillage and longevity that I'd expect the price point to be a lot higher so that's a major plus.

All in all, I absolutely adore this perfume. As I've already said, it's perfect for winter and a good price too. I'll just have to keep practising pressing down on that spray!

Video Reviews & Tutorials