Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka
Lolita Lempicka ad

4.1

**** EDIT**** This has become MY signature scent. I've purchased this fragrance twice since first writing this review, and I still love it as much. /// I first smelled Lolita at the airport. As I sat in the aircraft (hours) later, three people came to see me and said how great I smelled. From what I experienced, this fragrance has a terrific lasting power. It smells good though, so no worries. It starts off very much anisy to me, then fades into a more floral scent. I can really smell both the violet and iris. The vanilla drydown is really enjoyable as well. It's sweet, warm and sensual. This is definitely a fragrance that makes you want to cuddle, and that invites you to get closer.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a fragrance that you either love or hate. I think that it's a difficult fragrance to wear- it really depends on your body chemistry and how it mixes with this scent.

The bottle itself is beautiful, but the pump sucks. It usually takes me a second spray to get the perfume to spray properly.

After the first spray, I could smell a musky vanilla, chocolate, and heavy florals. Normally, I prefer clean, citrus florals, but this was surprisingly appealing. Actually, it reminds me a lot of Briney Spear's Curious, only...different. There was somehting about it- I can't put my finger on it- but there was just something so intrigueing about it that I couldn't stop sniffing myself.

Later on, the vanilla died down, but you could tell it was still there. As for the licorice part, well personally, I have no idea what licorice flower is supposed to smell like anyways, but it's definitely not the same scent as the candy (thank goodness!). It got sweeter with longer wear, but not to the point where it was unbearable.

The only reason why I wouldn't purchase it again is because I wouldn't use this on a daily basis, but it is a nice scent. Smelling the scent makes me feel dreamlike and phantasmic, like a character in a fairy tale.

The most amazing thing about this perfume is that it somewhat radiates a mystical and whimsical vibe, kind of fairytale-esque. The bottle itself is something of a prelude: at first glance it seems sexy, playful yet mysterious. And when I first spritzed LL on my wrists, I immediately fell in love. The deep, oriental flavors delicately wrapped around the sexy combination of violets and vanilla. I have to agree with others on this, in that it is very much a gourmand scent. It has a very prominent mixture of both feminine and masculine aspects to it, and I can promise that it will command attention. It is also very heavy, in my opinion, so if used as a daytime scent I only spritz once and go - yes, it will last you throughout the day. To do it justice, I can imagine this perfume being worn out to a romantic dinner and the like. If I could sum up Lolita Lempicka in one single word: Intoxicating (in a very good way).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

simply, it's all i ever wear. when i was a freshman in high school, i spent literally a year seeking out the perfect perfume that made me feel the happiest. turns out one of my good friends wore this at one point! after nearly burning my nostril hairs out smelling hundreds of different perfumes, i came to lolita lempicka. it's a very fresh, sweet smell that's very personality specefic. i know people who don't like it, but it's the same thing with foods; though i may love to eat grapes, my boyfriend hates them. it's personal preference. the perfume, though, lasts a long time & is wonderful quality. so if the smell appeals to you, definitely invest! it's worth the buy if it's a scent that you enjoy.

on 10/22/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product without testing it first, and I have to say I was pretty nervous that it would react negatively with my body chemistry. That didn't happen at all. This scent smells AMAZING on me, and I have gotten so many compliments on it! Lolita smells light and girly but it has a darker, musky note to it so you don't end up smelling like every other woman on Earth. The packaging is adorable, and I found the spray top pretty easy to use as long as you use your thumb as leverage. This is my first perfume, and I'm so glad I bought it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've sampled this fragrance twice, I've yet to buy.

The first time, it was with some friends. It was sprayed on a strip, and then I rubbed it on me. At first spray, it was crazy spice, earthy and green, too much for my taste. I figured I wouldn't like it, but after I rubbed it on me, it sweetened with my chemistry to something less spicy. I was iffy with it, but regardless I couldn't stop smelling my wrist.

The second time was this afternoon. At first spray, this time direct to my wrist, it was very spicy and anise-y, but as it dried down, it sweetened up to a sort of ivy, anise musk, sort of like a honeyed floral with spicy notes of aniseseed. The longer it mixed with my chemistry, the sweeter it got, and it became very delicious. I plan to buy a full bottle tomorrow actually.

It lasts relatively long, one spray has held up about three hours so far, after washing my hands twice it's still there, but it's barely there. However, it still has about a inch of silliage. When the perfume was fresh, any movement towards the general direction my face would just waft a cloud of it my way.

Its a very romantic, ethereal fragrance. Is it summery, not really, only because the moment I hit the humidity from the bus, the fragrance just PPTHed on me. I f there's low or no humidity, the fragrance isnt overbearing or anything. In the cold, it's very warming.

on 12/12/2007 5:09:00 PM

This is a really different-smelling fragrance, with notes of aniseed, ivy leaves, violets, iris roots, vetiver, tonka been, vanilla and musk. I can mainly smell a warm, sweet vanilla at first, then the aniseed , then it mellows out to a woody scent but still smells beautiful. It lasts for quite a while too, and I like the fact that it isn't really powerful- you can smell it, but it's not a head-spinning strength like some other perfumes. The bottle is what drew me to buy this fragrance- it is just beautiful! It's a sort of apple-shaped bottle, with lilac coloured glass. The actual spray button is in the shape of a golden apple stem, and there are also leaves and vines painted on the glass. The only thing I don't like about this is the name 'Lolita'- I know that it is named after the designer, Lolita Lempicka, but the name reminds me of the book 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov, which is basically about a man who becomes sexually obsessed with a 12 year old girl, who he nicknames Lolita. According to Wikipedia, "The name "Lolita" has entered pop culture to describe a sexually precocious young girl." and I guess that's what turns me off the fragrance...stupid, I know! I really like this fragrance but not enough to buy it again, because while it smells beautiful I've definitely smelled better.

on 9/9/2007 10:01:00 PM

this is sweet, and woodsy and actually quite lovely. I can wear it once in a while when im in the mood, but my good ol standbys are j'adore and magnifique

on 3/1/2007 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PERFUME!!! it smells so good!! whenever i wear it, i get tons of compliments from both guys and girls. its not too old person, yet not too teeny bopper-ish...a perfect blend of both youth and maturity. i have the perfume, the body wash, and the lotion and when i wear all three, the scent lasts forever. plus, the perfume itself lasts forever since you really only need a very small amount for a strong scent. the ONLY reason that is gets a four instead of a five is that it is such a strong perfume-i wear only one spray and that can sometimes be a little overpowering. however, i think its worth it cuz it smells so good!

on 7/28/2006 6:30:00 AM

My best friend's older sister had this fragrance, and I would always wonder what it was she was wearing. One day, I finally asked her, and she told me that it was Lolita Lempicka. I was on a quest to find it. I figured it out that Sephora had it, and I sampled it right away. I fell in LOVE. IMMEDIATELY.
To me, it didn't smell like cotton candy or licorice...it just smells like Lolita Lempicka. It smells awesome on me, and today, I'm actually heading to Sephora to buy my own 60 dollar bottle. joy!

Popular Fragrances