Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

Lolita Lempicka ad

4.1

on 8/30/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I was so ready to fall in love with this perfume having read all of its raving reviews. I tried it on during two occasions at the mall, giving it a chance to develop for three hours or so. During the entirety of the test periods, it was just cloyingly, sickenly sweet on me! The spiciness added a nice edge but only seemed to augment the overwhelming effect of the sweetness. The perfume simply did not suit me and my body chemistry :( The pillage was quite weak as well--I could still smell the test of Hanae Mori on my right wrist at the end of the day, whereas Lolita Lempicka seemed to have dissipated within two hours of shopping.

The bottle is absolutely beautiful, though. Also, the scent is definitely unique, but given its popularity I wouldn't trust keeping it as a signature scent.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Ok, this smell is really not for me. I may be the only one who experienced this, because I'm a little disturbed lol, but I was initially drawn to this perfume because of it's name. I was like, a perfume with a name inspired by Lolita? I must have it! And I looked it up, the designer of this perfume created her pseudonym as a homage to Nabokov, I was right. I was so excited, I expected it to smell like... Dolores, Dolly, Lo, Lolita. Her innocence and her devious nature, her vulnerability and her manipulation, fresh but at the same time earthy and dirty. I am so nerdy. And yeah, I was so disappointed.

To me, initially it smells like spoiled cherry cough syrup. Like really toxic sweet. With a hint of licorice that has been rotting away in a dank basement for a few years. Not pleasant. And then, curiously enough, it dries down to generic perfume smell. Like the smell of the middle of the cosmetic section in a department store. All of the perfumes, high end and cheapy celebrity alike, mixed together. It's not necessarily bad, it's just not really my cup of tea. Considering that I have read good reviews for this, it may be a personal thing about the initial smell, but it was so awful for me I just can't bring myself to spray it again. A shame. :(

***EDIT: Ok, I was a little scathing in my original review. And I do kind of maintain most of those views. The smell of this when it's still wet on the skin is like a small slice of death. I was feeling adventurous this morning and I saw this perfume sample, and I thought why the hell not? And when I first sprayed it (a very tiny half squirt, might I add) I had to turn my face away it was so pungent. But after a few minutes, I dunno, it was kinda nice. It's feminine and girly, but at the same time, it's sensuous and mature and... a little dangerous. An odd word to describe a smell, but it's the only way I can think to explain it. And the dry down is nice, not as much of a mish mash as I originally thought. A little smoky. So it actually is rather Lolita-ish, a paradox, sweet but sultry, just much stronger than I expected. More than a tiny spray would probably be overwhelming, and this perfume has really impressive lasting power. Overall, I can't say I love it, but i can't say it's a bad perfume. I'm glad I gave it another chance.

on 1/19/2010 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

My aunt gave this to me for Christmas and when I smelled it, I was thrilled! You could describe it as both sweet and spicy. The bottle is adorable too, except the little sprayer thing took some getting used to. When I first tried it I thought I was going to break it, but you get the hang of it. Anyway, I am in love with this, it's my new favorite scent. It's distinct but light enough to even wear to work, which is a definite plus!

on 10/22/2009 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this product without testing it first, and I have to say I was pretty nervous that it would react negatively with my body chemistry. That didn't happen at all. This scent smells AMAZING on me, and I have gotten so many compliments on it! Lolita smells light and girly but it has a darker, musky note to it so you don't end up smelling like every other woman on Earth. The packaging is adorable, and I found the spray top pretty easy to use as long as you use your thumb as leverage. This is my first perfume, and I'm so glad I bought it!

on 7/5/2009 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Oh, how I love this product. I'd been reading reviews on it for a while, but was never brave enough to purchase it until I saw a bottle on sale for $20. I figured, "Why not?" so I bought it. It's one of my favourite perfumes- I usually wear it layered over Yves Rocher's Vanilla EDT, although it's perfectly fine on its own. It lasts all day, and I always get compliments on how good I smell.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product because I loved the smell of it at first. After I got home and wore it for a bit, it made me sick to my stomach. Now I can't even be around it, the scent of liquorish is just awful. As most people would agree, the packaging is very attractive but the product does not deliver. Also it wasn't really that cheap.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My new favorite perfume. This is my winter perfume, I fell in love with the soft, warm scent in Saks a few years ago when I was buying a perfume for my Mom and the lady gave me samples. The licorice notes is what caught my nose immediately. The only thing I do not like is that I feel like it wears off a bit more quickly than my other perfumes and I need a few spritzes when I spray it. Otherwise A+++

**** EDIT**** This has become MY signature scent. I've purchased this fragrance twice since first writing this review, and I still love it as much. /// I first smelled Lolita at the airport. As I sat in the aircraft (hours) later, three people came to see me and said how great I smelled. From what I experienced, this fragrance has a terrific lasting power. It smells good though, so no worries. It starts off very much anisy to me, then fades into a more floral scent. I can really smell both the violet and iris. The vanilla drydown is really enjoyable as well. It's sweet, warm and sensual. This is definitely a fragrance that makes you want to cuddle, and that invites you to get closer.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've sampled this fragrance twice, I've yet to buy.

The first time, it was with some friends. It was sprayed on a strip, and then I rubbed it on me. At first spray, it was crazy spice, earthy and green, too much for my taste. I figured I wouldn't like it, but after I rubbed it on me, it sweetened with my chemistry to something less spicy. I was iffy with it, but regardless I couldn't stop smelling my wrist.

The second time was this afternoon. At first spray, this time direct to my wrist, it was very spicy and anise-y, but as it dried down, it sweetened up to a sort of ivy, anise musk, sort of like a honeyed floral with spicy notes of aniseseed. The longer it mixed with my chemistry, the sweeter it got, and it became very delicious. I plan to buy a full bottle tomorrow actually.

It lasts relatively long, one spray has held up about three hours so far, after washing my hands twice it's still there, but it's barely there. However, it still has about a inch of silliage. When the perfume was fresh, any movement towards the general direction my face would just waft a cloud of it my way.

Its a very romantic, ethereal fragrance. Is it summery, not really, only because the moment I hit the humidity from the bus, the fragrance just PPTHed on me. I f there's low or no humidity, the fragrance isnt overbearing or anything. In the cold, it's very warming.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a fragrance that you either love or hate. I think that it's a difficult fragrance to wear- it really depends on your body chemistry and how it mixes with this scent.

The bottle itself is beautiful, but the pump sucks. It usually takes me a second spray to get the perfume to spray properly.

After the first spray, I could smell a musky vanilla, chocolate, and heavy florals. Normally, I prefer clean, citrus florals, but this was surprisingly appealing. Actually, it reminds me a lot of Briney Spear's Curious, only...different. There was somehting about it- I can't put my finger on it- but there was just something so intrigueing about it that I couldn't stop sniffing myself.

Later on, the vanilla died down, but you could tell it was still there. As for the licorice part, well personally, I have no idea what licorice flower is supposed to smell like anyways, but it's definitely not the same scent as the candy (thank goodness!). It got sweeter with longer wear, but not to the point where it was unbearable.

The only reason why I wouldn't purchase it again is because I wouldn't use this on a daily basis, but it is a nice scent. Smelling the scent makes me feel dreamlike and phantasmic, like a character in a fairy tale.

Popular Fragrances