Filtered by eye Color : Black
WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

on 5/2/2017 7:53:00 AM

Girls, I had to write this review to tell you this product is a m a z i n g! You just need to use your angled brush for eyebrows for better effect AND (very important) you need to have good makeup skills for drawing desired look. However, if you haven't got any skills, you can always find someone to draw them for you :)) Anyways, I'm kind of olive skin type, with black hair and I have pretty dark eyebrows, so I bought Black/Brown shade. I was a little scared thinking that would be too light, but it came out so natural-looking and if you want more intense colour, you can put another coat. I can't say I have thick or thin eyebrows, they're okay at the begining, but at the ending of the brows, I barely have any hairs, so I was curious about how it will stick and look natural on the skin (where is no hair). I repeat girls, it came out great, it looks like I had them microbladed. Perfect for summer, waterproof, smudgeproof, it won't come off until you use oil-based makeup remover and rub them for like, 2 minutes. And one thing, I can't say it looks like real hairs once it's dried, but colour definitely stays on your skin, looking like you had them microbladed(if they are drawn well). So I just have to say, now it's the perfect time to buy it and you can have your brows on whole summer, your worries that you look like Whoopi Goldberg are gone! Amazing product!

Like most people looking at this product, I have eyebrow issues. My eyebrows are sparse from the thin eyebrow craze of the 90's (thanks, Drew Barrymore) and to top it off, it's constructed of the same fine hairs on my head. Needless to say, my eyebrow game needs a boost.

I wanted to really, really love this product. Especially with the constant bombardment of vloggers vouching its greatness. Unfortunately, this product is a hard pass for me. I don't consider myself a rookie to applying makeup but, just to make sure, I logged probably hundreds of hours on YouTube tutorials just to make sure I got the application just right. The packaging is very similar to a tube of lip gloss, down to the lip brush they expect you to use to apply it. I don't recommend using this brush to apply it directly to your eyebrows unless you love a blotchy smear above your eyes. So, based on numerous recommendations, I bought the angled eyebrow brushes with the spoolie tip (4 to be exact) to apply this miracle formula.

Once you get the angled brushes, application isn't too difficult, however, the end result can be inconsistent, and in my case, unnatural. The consistency is liquid and dries relatively quickly. I purchased the medium brown shade and it dries to an ashy brown color. Initially, the eyebrow color looks great. I thought I had found the new Holy Grail of eyebrow makeup. And it's supposed to be transfer-proof, waterproof, and lasts for days?! How is this only $22??

Day 1:
As I mentioned before, initially, my eyebrows looked great. As the day wore on, they almost took on a "powdery" cast under overhead lighting. Is this the hairlike fibers they are referring to (there are no fibers in the formula itself)? It's a little difficult to describe but I found myself constantly trying to wipe off the powder whenever I looked in a mirror. Good thing this stuff is smudge-proof and transfer-proof! As previously mentioned, the consistency is liquid so the formula dries like paint. Literally. My eyebrows looked painted on. It doesn't matter how "feathery" or light my strokes were. Or how hard I tried to mimic hair like strokes when I applied the formula. It always, always, ALWAYS dried into one flat stroke with no dimension. The end result being two skid marks above my eyes instead of beautiful, natural looking eyebrows. At night, I washed my face, using a non oil based cleanser (Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam) and was careful to avoid applying any oil based product on my eyebrows.

Day 2:
The next day, my eyebrows looked a little faded which turned out to be a good thing. After washing my face, I noticed the formula softened a little and looked a little blotchy, so I ran a spoolie back through them to redistribute it evenly. Then I touched up some spots with my eyebrow pencil (Anastasia Brow Whiz or Dior Show). The result was a slightly more natural looking eyebrow. It still had the powdery cast but it seemed less like a Sharpie. In addition, the 15 minutes I spent the day before on my eyebrows saved me 10 minutes on Day 2! Not too bad.

Day 3:
By the third day, my eyebrows had mostly faded away. I still combed through the remaining formula after washing my face but there wasn't much left. I was back to using my pencils and pomades for the heavy lifting.

I've used this product for about 2 months and I just can't seem to get this to look natural no matter what I do. I've tried applying it full on. Applying it on half of eyebrow and using a pencil or pomade on the front half to create a gradient look. The results are always the same painted on look. Yes, it's transfer proof, smudge-proof (once dry), and somewhat water proof but having painted on skid marks on my face just isn't the look for me. I think this could work great for those of us with thicker hairs or don't require as much maintenance. For those with sparse or no hair, the end result will look painted on.

For now, I'll stick with Anastasia Dipbrow pomade and Brow Whiz eyebrow pencils. The search continues...

on 2/9/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I ❤ this stuff!

I have pretty full brows to begin with, but they grow in uneven (one's a little higher, and one's a little longer, which is annoying) and I even them out, extend them a tiny bit, and thicken them a little - brilliantly with Wunderbrow. This makes decent/good brows EXTRAORDINARY BROWS! I can only speak for how it works with existing hair...

With this product, they look completely natural (used with a LIGHT hand - which required some practice and a lot of brushing through and out with the spooly until I got the hang of it) and do not come off when I wash my face unless I intentionally remove them with oil based/really good foaming cleanser and a bit of scrubbing.

In fact, after the water hit them (and I didn't wash around them, I just washed my face as usual in the shower because not doing so daily is just nasty - eyebrows be damned!), they actually looked better (how I learned that a lighter hand is best)! It seemed the water removed the excess product which refined the shape, made them less bushy, and they looked even more natural one brushed out.

I do NOT love the included applicator and only use it in a rush. This applies much better and lighter and with much more control with a small, angled, good quality brow brush. My holy grail applicator for this, however, and anything brow these days, is the Pointed Brow Brush by Sephora. I don't know how I ever survived without it before, but I bought 2 of them for backup in case they're every discontinued or I lose one...

I'm hooked! And, Brunette, BTW, is plenty dark unless you have seriously jet black hair (and, I'm a tan black girl)! Please don't go too dark and walk around looking like Groucho Marx! That's not cute... I do like the Black/Brown, too - but, I mix the two--I use Brunette in the center corners of my brows, and go gradiently darker through the brow to a softer less full end with the Black/Brown... I'm also very picky! You don't need to mix them! When in doubt, choose lighter to soften your look (prettier and more youthful).

Trust me on these tips. You'll thank me later. I'm glad I followed my instincts... This is my new favorite product and I'm a performer/semi makeup guru due to my profession, and a makeup junkie. ❤

Popular Brows Products