Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

on 8/20/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My brows are somewhat thin and I have a couple of sparse spots. Yes, I overplucked as a teenager. I still have brows, but they're not nearly as full as they used to be. I've been able to use Anastasia Dipbrow to fill them in realistically, so I thought Wunderbrow might work.

I bought this waterproof gel based on the rave reviews, and I think if your brows are already in decent shape, it might work. The tube is similar to drugstore concealer tubes with a brush applicator.

There isn't a good shade for me. MAC Fling is my ideal match - blonde and somewhat ash but not too green or grey. However, the Blonde color looked slate grey when I compared it to my Fling pencil. The other shades are too brown. But for a woman with natural silver or white hair, I think Wunderbrow's idea of "blonde" might be a good color.

My other problem was that I couldn't get it to look natural. The tail of my brow is fuller, so applied sparingly, Wunderbrow didn't look too bad. It can become clumpy if you're not careful. But closer to my nose, at the head of the brow where I usually fill in with pencil, Wunderbrow looked very obvious (and very grey). It was just a layer of artificial color sitting on skin that doesn't have much hair beneath. Building it up for opaque coverage looked worse, very heavy and patchy. Softening the edges didn't make it look any more natural.

It does seem to be waterproof, but it came off easily with Garnier Micellar Water so I don't think it's necessary to buy a tube of Wunderbrow Cleanse for removal.

For $22, I wasn't impressed with the look and decided to go back to my tried-and-true MAC Fling, filling in with thin, hairlike strokes. The only pomade I've found so far that really works for me is Anastasia Dipbrow.

In fact, the only thing I liked about Wunderbrow was the spoolie that came with it. It was softer than most spoolies. It was excellent for brushing through the dried gel without taking it off. But the spoolie alone was not worth $22, so I returned Wunderbrow. Luckily I had kept my receipt.

on 2/9/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I ❤ this stuff!

I have pretty full brows to begin with, but they grow in uneven (one's a little higher, and one's a little longer, which is annoying) and I even them out, extend them a tiny bit, and thicken them a little - brilliantly with Wunderbrow. This makes decent/good brows EXTRAORDINARY BROWS! I can only speak for how it works with existing hair...

With this product, they look completely natural (used with a LIGHT hand - which required some practice and a lot of brushing through and out with the spooly until I got the hang of it) and do not come off when I wash my face unless I intentionally remove them with oil based/really good foaming cleanser and a bit of scrubbing.

In fact, after the water hit them (and I didn't wash around them, I just washed my face as usual in the shower because not doing so daily is just nasty - eyebrows be damned!), they actually looked better (how I learned that a lighter hand is best)! It seemed the water removed the excess product which refined the shape, made them less bushy, and they looked even more natural one brushed out.

I do NOT love the included applicator and only use it in a rush. This applies much better and lighter and with much more control with a small, angled, good quality brow brush. My holy grail applicator for this, however, and anything brow these days, is the Pointed Brow Brush by Sephora. I don't know how I ever survived without it before, but I bought 2 of them for backup in case they're every discontinued or I lose one...

I'm hooked! And, Brunette, BTW, is plenty dark unless you have seriously jet black hair (and, I'm a tan black girl)! Please don't go too dark and walk around looking like Groucho Marx! That's not cute... I do like the Black/Brown, too - but, I mix the two--I use Brunette in the center corners of my brows, and go gradiently darker through the brow to a softer less full end with the Black/Brown... I'm also very picky! You don't need to mix them! When in doubt, choose lighter to soften your look (prettier and more youthful).

Trust me on these tips. You'll thank me later. I'm glad I followed my instincts... This is my new favorite product and I'm a performer/semi makeup guru due to my profession, and a makeup junkie. ❤

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is truly a miracle product for me. I have grappled with my eyebrows for years. I love sculpted, perfect brows and also tend to change shapes/styles every few years (call it a hobby of mine). I have accomplished this with eyebrow stencils and powder. Only trouble is...the powder doesn't survive swimming, strenuous exercise, etc. Well, enter Wunderbrow into my life, about 3 weeks ago! I use it with my stencils and while it takes a bit of practice to get it right, it is awesome! If you apply as directed (clean skin with NO lotion) and are gentle around the eyebrow area when you wash your face, you should easily get 5-6 days out of one single application. It is the best thing I have found!

on 3/14/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For years, I filled in my short, sparse brows with Anastasia's brow powder using a Trish McEvoy #32 brow brush and then sealing them with Model in a Bottle sealant. This process worked very well although by the end of the day, the brows were fading. Wunderbrow has more pros than cons than my old tried and true method of creating pretty, arched brows. One pro is that this absolutely lasts all day (even through a sweaty gym workout). I also tend to rub my eyes when I am tired at work and Wunderbrow doesn't smudge or move. I also find it relatively easy to wash off using a creamy cleanser and my Clarisonic. I also love the cleanser that comes with the product. The first few times I tried to use Wunderbrow, I couldn't get the exact shape I like but a dot of the cleanser on a Q-Tip allows me to remove the product quickly to get the shape I like. I also like that my process now eliminates the sealant step. One The cons is that there is not enough variety in the shades. I first tried the brunette which was just slightly more taupy than I like but the darker shade was darker than I like. I may try mixing them to get exactly what I need. Also, I dislike the brush applicator. I like my brows to thin out at the ends and the brush that comes with the product doesn't allow for the precision shaping I like. I started applying Wunderbrow with my #32 Trish McEvoy brow brush and I get much better results. Overall, this is a great product and a great find!

Popular Brows Products