Wunderbrow

Wunderbrow
WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had seen a ton of hype on YouTube on this product before I ever tried it out. I expected that it was easy to apply, looked great, and most importantly could last for days.

The application is ok... It's a little weird applying it. The product comes with a brush applicator, but you need a spoolie to use it. I almost wish it just applied with a tiny spoolie instead of a brush at all. It has a bit of hold to hold your long brow hairs in place. My biggest problem with this product is that when you brush it through it makes your brows seem very natural and the edges are not precise. Which is ok, but sometimes I want a tinnnnnny bit more precision, which this product can't do for me.

The biggest disappointment to me was that it just doesn't last. It WILL last a full day... but it won't last through a shower. The thing is a lot of my standard brow products last a full day and would probably last a bit longer if I didn't remove them at the end of the day. Wunderbrow preformed incredibly average to me, and I was expecting something much better.

Overall I'll keep using it up, but I certainly don't think this fills any need that my ordinary brow products can deliver for me... and they tend to apply more smoothly and precisely.

As someone with completely blonde/invisible eyebrows, I love this!
Does exactly what it claims to - stays on for ages and looks good while it does.

My skin can be extremely sensitive and reactive and I have had no problems using Wunderbrow so far. I was a little hesitant to buy this after reading all the reviews that mentioned it was hard to apply, but with a thin angled brow brush (I used Anastasia #14 brow brush), I found this a breeze to use. I actually find it way easier to use than Anastasia Dipbrow, because the product is thinner. I just pop a little product on the back of my hand, draw the shape, fill in with light strokes and brush a spoolie through. Use small amounts at first as you can always add more. I was umming and aahing over whether to get the blonde or brunette version, but used Wunder2's colour matching service via their Instagram and was matched with Brunette. I'm totally happy with the colour - it's extremely similar to Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe which is perfect for me. The wear time on this is amazing - so much so that I have started the ultimate lazy girl hack: doing my eyebrows before going to bed! And they look amazing in the morning! I just pop on the rest of my makeup and go. Saves me sooo much time. Definitely try this, I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm. I have mixed thoughts on this one. I did get the wrong color, so that might be part of the problem.:;) I have finally grew real brows! lol;)) But, I still have to fill in spots. This product is OK but I wish it came with a better brush and spoolie. I would love this if I had got the dark brown, so I can create hair strokes.

on 8/20/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My brows are somewhat thin and I have a couple of sparse spots. Yes, I overplucked as a teenager. I still have brows, but they're not nearly as full as they used to be. I've been able to use Anastasia Dipbrow to fill them in realistically, so I thought Wunderbrow might work.

I bought this waterproof gel based on the rave reviews, and I think if your brows are already in decent shape, it might work. The tube is similar to drugstore concealer tubes with a brush applicator.

There isn't a good shade for me. MAC Fling is my ideal match - blonde and somewhat ash but not too green or grey. However, the Blonde color looked slate grey when I compared it to my Fling pencil. The other shades are too brown. But for a woman with natural silver or white hair, I think Wunderbrow's idea of "blonde" might be a good color.

My other problem was that I couldn't get it to look natural. The tail of my brow is fuller, so applied sparingly, Wunderbrow didn't look too bad. It can become clumpy if you're not careful. But closer to my nose, at the head of the brow where I usually fill in with pencil, Wunderbrow looked very obvious (and very grey). It was just a layer of artificial color sitting on skin that doesn't have much hair beneath. Building it up for opaque coverage looked worse, very heavy and patchy. Softening the edges didn't make it look any more natural.

It does seem to be waterproof, but it came off easily with Garnier Micellar Water so I don't think it's necessary to buy a tube of Wunderbrow Cleanse for removal.

For $22, I wasn't impressed with the look and decided to go back to my tried-and-true MAC Fling, filling in with thin, hairlike strokes. The only pomade I've found so far that really works for me is Anastasia Dipbrow.

In fact, the only thing I liked about Wunderbrow was the spoolie that came with it. It was softer than most spoolies. It was excellent for brushing through the dried gel without taking it off. But the spoolie alone was not worth $22, so I returned Wunderbrow. Luckily I had kept my receipt.

on 7/25/2017 12:08:00 AM

I think I might have found my new holy grail, this stuff is way better than I expected! Not gonna lie, at first I thought it was a bit of a gimmick, and based on reading a lot of negative reviews and my friend telling me she hated it, I was super skeptical to buy it. However, I was desperate to find a brow product that would stay in place all day and not smudge, because my eyebrows are a bit sparse so I need to draw on a longer tail and do some filling in. I've tried lots of brow products including ABH dipbrow yet it still smudged with my oily skin. I tried it as soon as I got it in the mail, and first off the color black/brown is the perfect color for my dark brown hair and light skin. The consistency is gel-like, and it comes with a weird brush tip applicator that I would never even attempt to use, and a spooly brush. I used a small amount on an angled brush and kept building it up until it looked opaque and then i brushed it out with the spooly and they looked perfect. I must say, it does take a little bit of skill to use, but once you master it your eyebrows literally stay on all day. I put it through a couple tests, last night I slept with it on and they looked perfect in the morning. Today I sweat buckets in Zumba class, had a shower and cleansed my face and they are still there! A little worn but good enough that I'd still go in public with them. I'm super happy I bought it, it's literally going to be a life saver.

I have very sparse brows and I really love this product for filling and creating a regular, eye-framing brow that lasts all day. The key is to skip the applicator and spoolie that come with the product and use an angled brow brush. I pick the gel up onto the brush from the applicator, and brush it into my brow, taking care to add extra product to the outer section in order to create a tail. If the application looks uneven, I use the spoolie to even it out.

In my experience, it's best to wash the brow off each night with my eye makeup remover. Otherwise it wears off partially and the brow looks a little ratty the next day. It's worth it to me to re-do each morning just as I normally would using a brow pomade or pencil.

I've tried so many different brow products and this is my favorite to date. I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/17/2016 5:03:00 AM

not a huge fan of this. I have long but fairly sparse eyebrow hairs. The brush is too big, the stuff is too goopy. Imagine drawing in your eyebrows with lipgloss (brush applicator, cuz that's essentially what it is!!). It's actually even difficult to put on with my Anastasia brow brush. because of my long eyebrow hairs, when I put it on it gets everywhere. I usually have to redo it a few times to get it right. and it doesn't really stick to the areas that have no hair. Also doesn't look very natural. Anastasia eyebrow powder is much better, but I had a problem with it staying on all day because of my oily skin. Also, I needed something that was water proof for swimming. Wunderbrow does stay on all day and is water proof, but it's not worth the price for the result.

UPDATE: Ugh!! My wunderbrow dried up in just over a month!! maybe this has something to do with the fact I find it very finicky to work with so it takes me a while to get the results I want on my brow, causing the gel to dry up in the bottle as I apply. It takes me probably 3 minutes per brow, and this stuff dried up in a month! NOT WORTH THE PRICE!!.

on 11/29/2016 2:21:00 PM

I am on my third tube of this. As long as you totally disregard all the advertising claims it's a very good product, better than eyebrow pencils and other liquid products I've used in the past (such as Mac which I find tends to separate after a while). I never expected it to last more than one day, and it doesn't. I always remove it with an oily eye make up remover at night.

As other reviewers have said, the built in brush is no good for the job, you can't apply it with this. I use a small mascara brush which I have bought especially for applying it (you can buy these online in different sizes and throw them away when they get tatty) and a slightly larger mascara brush for combing through afterwards.

I use the auburn colour which is perfect for my auburn hair colouring - not too red, not too dark. You can control the amount of product you apply and I've even had complements on my brows from complete strangers!

Only downside I think is that it is overpriced for what it is. If it did last several days as claimed then it would certainly be worth this price, but it doesn't. I did try once - it all rubbed off on the pillow!

Ok I love this in the summer with an angled brus it isn't super natural but after an hour of sweating they start to fade a little and then they look rather nice they dry quite quick so spookiest away as quickly as you can! And umm what else? Oh! They last the whole day a tip I have if your to lazy to top up when they start to sweat of 6 o clock at night after applying at seven that morning is to spot a coat of powder over top and your good to go!

I have very sparse eyebrows on my right side and virtually ZERO eyebroys on the left side of my face. With blonde hair and very oily skin, I've always struggled with trying to get the right product to help me create the look of natural brows. It's been even more difficult to manage keeping the "brows" on once product has been applied due to my excessively oily skin. Add that to the fact we have a pool that I'm in regularly in, and I also exercise often, it's fair to say that more often than not I was walking around with absolutely nothing in the form of brows.

Wunderbrow is a lifesaver! It really stays on! It stays on after a whole humid day of oily skin, it stays on when I wash my face, it stays on after swimming and it stays on throughout my workouts....It even stays on after my post workout shower. I purchased the "blonde" color and it is very soft and natural looking. Not too ashy...I was really worried that the color would be too ashy for the golden tones in my hair and pink skin, but it's a great match and doesn't look out of place.

I would have given 4 1/2 lippies if I could have with the missing 1/2 lippie coming off due to the applicator brush. As many others have mentioned, the brush provided is near impossible to use but if you use a proper angled eyebrow brush there is no issues and you can create a very defined brow.

Popular Brows Products