WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

3.5

Like most people looking at this product, I have eyebrow issues. My eyebrows are sparse from the thin eyebrow craze of the 90's (thanks, Drew Barrymore) and to top it off, it's constructed of the same fine hairs on my head. Needless to say, my eyebrow game needs a boost.

I wanted to really, really love this product. Especially with the constant bombardment of vloggers vouching its greatness. Unfortunately, this product is a hard pass for me. I don't consider myself a rookie to applying makeup but, just to make sure, I logged probably hundreds of hours on YouTube tutorials just to make sure I got the application just right. The packaging is very similar to a tube of lip gloss, down to the lip brush they expect you to use to apply it. I don't recommend using this brush to apply it directly to your eyebrows unless you love a blotchy smear above your eyes. So, based on numerous recommendations, I bought the angled eyebrow brushes with the spoolie tip (4 to be exact) to apply this miracle formula.

Once you get the angled brushes, application isn't too difficult, however, the end result can be inconsistent, and in my case, unnatural. The consistency is liquid and dries relatively quickly. I purchased the medium brown shade and it dries to an ashy brown color. Initially, the eyebrow color looks great. I thought I had found the new Holy Grail of eyebrow makeup. And it's supposed to be transfer-proof, waterproof, and lasts for days?! How is this only $22??

Day 1:
As I mentioned before, initially, my eyebrows looked great. As the day wore on, they almost took on a "powdery" cast under overhead lighting. Is this the hairlike fibers they are referring to (there are no fibers in the formula itself)? It's a little difficult to describe but I found myself constantly trying to wipe off the powder whenever I looked in a mirror. Good thing this stuff is smudge-proof and transfer-proof! As previously mentioned, the consistency is liquid so the formula dries like paint. Literally. My eyebrows looked painted on. It doesn't matter how "feathery" or light my strokes were. Or how hard I tried to mimic hair like strokes when I applied the formula. It always, always, ALWAYS dried into one flat stroke with no dimension. The end result being two skid marks above my eyes instead of beautiful, natural looking eyebrows. At night, I washed my face, using a non oil based cleanser (Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam) and was careful to avoid applying any oil based product on my eyebrows.

Day 2:
The next day, my eyebrows looked a little faded which turned out to be a good thing. After washing my face, I noticed the formula softened a little and looked a little blotchy, so I ran a spoolie back through them to redistribute it evenly. Then I touched up some spots with my eyebrow pencil (Anastasia Brow Whiz or Dior Show). The result was a slightly more natural looking eyebrow. It still had the powdery cast but it seemed less like a Sharpie. In addition, the 15 minutes I spent the day before on my eyebrows saved me 10 minutes on Day 2! Not too bad.

Day 3:
By the third day, my eyebrows had mostly faded away. I still combed through the remaining formula after washing my face but there wasn't much left. I was back to using my pencils and pomades for the heavy lifting.

I've used this product for about 2 months and I just can't seem to get this to look natural no matter what I do. I've tried applying it full on. Applying it on half of eyebrow and using a pencil or pomade on the front half to create a gradient look. The results are always the same painted on look. Yes, it's transfer proof, smudge-proof (once dry), and somewhat water proof but having painted on skid marks on my face just isn't the look for me. I think this could work great for those of us with thicker hairs or don't require as much maintenance. For those with sparse or no hair, the end result will look painted on.

For now, I'll stick with Anastasia Dipbrow pomade and Brow Whiz eyebrow pencils. The search continues...

Let me just say I am so glad I waited to review this product because I was NOT impressed at first! I ordered it online and was so excited to try it when it finally arrived and then - it looked awful! The color/finish was chalky, it looked uneven and felt "goopy" even after ample drying time. And to top it off, it was at least 50% gone after just one night of sleep, no shower or anything! Needless to say I was very disappointed! But then I realized I was simply putting on too much! Now, I just apply one quick coat with the included applicator (which I didn't even try at first because pretty much every review said it was crap, but I actually love it) on both eyes, then go back to the first eye and blend/shape them with the included spooly while they are still about 60% wet. The most important thing here is to evenly disperse the product through the eyebrows and get the shape you want. It will still look a little wet/shiny, but by the time I finish the rest of my eye makeup it has dried to perfect naturally bold brows! And with this thin application, it lasts through a shower and/or a night's sleep with no problem! I can honestly say the most important thing I've learned is to mess with it as little as possible while it's drying! I was making it way harder than it needed to be. lol Overall, this is a wonderful product...with a little trial and error. :)

I have very sparse eyebrows on my right side and virtually ZERO eyebroys on the left side of my face. With blonde hair and very oily skin, I've always struggled with trying to get the right product to help me create the look of natural brows. It's been even more difficult to manage keeping the "brows" on once product has been applied due to my excessively oily skin. Add that to the fact we have a pool that I'm in regularly in, and I also exercise often, it's fair to say that more often than not I was walking around with absolutely nothing in the form of brows.

Wunderbrow is a lifesaver! It really stays on! It stays on after a whole humid day of oily skin, it stays on when I wash my face, it stays on after swimming and it stays on throughout my workouts....It even stays on after my post workout shower. I purchased the "blonde" color and it is very soft and natural looking. Not too ashy...I was really worried that the color would be too ashy for the golden tones in my hair and pink skin, but it's a great match and doesn't look out of place.

I would have given 4 1/2 lippies if I could have with the missing 1/2 lippie coming off due to the applicator brush. As many others have mentioned, the brush provided is near impossible to use but if you use a proper angled eyebrow brush there is no issues and you can create a very defined brow.

on 2/9/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I ❤ this stuff!

I have pretty full brows to begin with, but they grow in uneven (one's a little higher, and one's a little longer, which is annoying) and I even them out, extend them a tiny bit, and thicken them a little - brilliantly with Wunderbrow. This makes decent/good brows EXTRAORDINARY BROWS! I can only speak for how it works with existing hair...

With this product, they look completely natural (used with a LIGHT hand - which required some practice and a lot of brushing through and out with the spooly until I got the hang of it) and do not come off when I wash my face unless I intentionally remove them with oil based/really good foaming cleanser and a bit of scrubbing.

In fact, after the water hit them (and I didn't wash around them, I just washed my face as usual in the shower because not doing so daily is just nasty - eyebrows be damned!), they actually looked better (how I learned that a lighter hand is best)! It seemed the water removed the excess product which refined the shape, made them less bushy, and they looked even more natural one brushed out.

I do NOT love the included applicator and only use it in a rush. This applies much better and lighter and with much more control with a small, angled, good quality brow brush. My holy grail applicator for this, however, and anything brow these days, is the Pointed Brow Brush by Sephora. I don't know how I ever survived without it before, but I bought 2 of them for backup in case they're every discontinued or I lose one...

I'm hooked! And, Brunette, BTW, is plenty dark unless you have seriously jet black hair (and, I'm a tan black girl)! Please don't go too dark and walk around looking like Groucho Marx! That's not cute... I do like the Black/Brown, too - but, I mix the two--I use Brunette in the center corners of my brows, and go gradiently darker through the brow to a softer less full end with the Black/Brown... I'm also very picky! You don't need to mix them! When in doubt, choose lighter to soften your look (prettier and more youthful).

Trust me on these tips. You'll thank me later. I'm glad I followed my instincts... This is my new favorite product and I'm a performer/semi makeup guru due to my profession, and a makeup junkie. ❤

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The packaging is doesn't do it justice. Mine dried into a clumpy mess inside of a month. Since I had to import it from the US through an underground network of intrepid beauty enthusiasts I wasn't just gonna throw it out. 10 drops of contact lens cleaner liquid returned it to a usable state.

They really have to do something about that brush. It's too long and not stiff enough (not a good combination in anything really...) basically a lip brush. I use it to dab the tiniest amount of the gel onto my brow and then spread it with a clean mascara brush.

With that said the product itself is wunderous (sorry, couldn't resist). It lasts all day through sweaty summer days and workouts but still manages to not look painted on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is truly a miracle product for me. I have grappled with my eyebrows for years. I love sculpted, perfect brows and also tend to change shapes/styles every few years (call it a hobby of mine). I have accomplished this with eyebrow stencils and powder. Only trouble is...the powder doesn't survive swimming, strenuous exercise, etc. Well, enter Wunderbrow into my life, about 3 weeks ago! I use it with my stencils and while it takes a bit of practice to get it right, it is awesome! If you apply as directed (clean skin with NO lotion) and are gentle around the eyebrow area when you wash your face, you should easily get 5-6 days out of one single application. It is the best thing I have found!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Alright y'all - let me begin by saying that I am a very patient woman with my makeup. Especially brows and eyeshadow. I do not have the patience to do my brows with this stuff, even if it did last forever.

I ordered black brown. Upon swatching it on my hand, I was pretty offput. It looked like an ashy medium brown. Not what I was looking for. Fear not on that point though - it dried down to a dark brown when layered.

Layering. Here begins my problem. The consistency is very thin (I knew this before ordering, so no surprise there), but I didn't think that would be a big deal. I thought it might even work in my favor when creating a tail and point. I was wrong. The second the brush (I used a dual ended brow brush and an eyeliner brush. Each performed equally terrible) touches down and you move it, the product is clear and gone. I used a ton of this stuff trying to get any sort of color on the skin.

Now, if you have naturally full brows and want to darken them without the need to shape much, this could work for you. I have patchy brows that are too short, leaving me to create a tail artificially. Even with dabbing it on and letting it dry enough to be tacky (the only method I had even the slightest success with) I could not build the color. I couldn't create a tail with a nice point. I also fill in the bottom part of my brow. I couldn't get this to stick, nor could I create a straight line to save my life.

I went through this a few times trying to get this to work. I never did get a tail or fill in the spots. I tried looking up YouTube videos and such, and nothing worked for me. I had seen reviews stating that this only sticks to hair and not skin - that was my experience as well. I will go back to my Anastasia dipbrow and have wonderfully sharp tails.

The pros - it does dry down to a dark color, despite looking light at first. The bit I did get to stick did stay through washing my face for the most part, but broke up a smidge. You don't need the special cleanser. My normal Walmart oil free makeup remover took it off within a few swipes.

I wish it had worked for me, but no such luck. I am glad the ladies that have found success with it like it!

on 2/11/2017 4:39:00 AM

This has got to be the worst falsely advertised product I have ever purchased. It DOES NOT work at all like the videos and reviews you see on youtube and Instagram. Not only does it not work... it left a mess on my brows. It has terrible coverage on places where your brows are sparse. It leaves your brows with a very rough coating that makes them almost have a white chalky sheen to it.. and I only applied a really thin layer.( I bougt it in black/brown). Don't waste your money and time on this harbage product!

on 8/12/2016 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Im sorry but it does NOT create "hair-like fibers" as it claims Nor does it create the hair stroke effect when i try to apply it that way. Ive looked at countless tutorials to pick up a method. Only thing good is its colors & how well it stays on. But honestly doing thin hair strokes with my super thin pencil does a way more natural effect than this painted on product. #fail #sobummed

on 12/9/2014 12:26:00 PM

Great product. This is similar to Smartbrow, but better. The blonde Color is better, the staying power is better, and you get about 4 times as much for a similar price.

This product creates amazing, realistic brows that stay all day. The only bad point is the brush that it comes with. The brush is low quality, too big, and totally useless. There is no way to do a decent brow with this brush. It just globs the product on no matter how precise you try to be - and I have a steady hand. Use it with a very small eyeliner or brow brush, or one of those tiny paintbrush style brushes and you won't be disappointed

Popular Brows Products