WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

3.5

on 3/14/2013 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

For years, I filled in my short, sparse brows with Anastasia's brow powder using a Trish McEvoy #32 brow brush and then sealing them with Model in a Bottle sealant. This process worked very well although by the end of the day, the brows were fading. Wunderbrow has more pros than cons than my old tried and true method of creating pretty, arched brows. One pro is that this absolutely lasts all day (even through a sweaty gym workout). I also tend to rub my eyes when I am tired at work and Wunderbrow doesn't smudge or move. I also find it relatively easy to wash off using a creamy cleanser and my Clarisonic. I also love the cleanser that comes with the product. The first few times I tried to use Wunderbrow, I couldn't get the exact shape I like but a dot of the cleanser on a Q-Tip allows me to remove the product quickly to get the shape I like. I also like that my process now eliminates the sealant step. One The cons is that there is not enough variety in the shades. I first tried the brunette which was just slightly more taupy than I like but the darker shade was darker than I like. I may try mixing them to get exactly what I need. Also, I dislike the brush applicator. I like my brows to thin out at the ends and the brush that comes with the product doesn't allow for the precision shaping I like. I started applying Wunderbrow with my #32 Trish McEvoy brow brush and I get much better results. Overall, this is a great product and a great find!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is truly a miracle product for me. I have grappled with my eyebrows for years. I love sculpted, perfect brows and also tend to change shapes/styles every few years (call it a hobby of mine). I have accomplished this with eyebrow stencils and powder. Only trouble is...the powder doesn't survive swimming, strenuous exercise, etc. Well, enter Wunderbrow into my life, about 3 weeks ago! I use it with my stencils and while it takes a bit of practice to get it right, it is awesome! If you apply as directed (clean skin with NO lotion) and are gentle around the eyebrow area when you wash your face, you should easily get 5-6 days out of one single application. It is the best thing I have found!

on 12/9/2014 12:26:00 PM

Great product. This is similar to Smartbrow, but better. The blonde Color is better, the staying power is better, and you get about 4 times as much for a similar price.

This product creates amazing, realistic brows that stay all day. The only bad point is the brush that it comes with. The brush is low quality, too big, and totally useless. There is no way to do a decent brow with this brush. It just globs the product on no matter how precise you try to be - and I have a steady hand. Use it with a very small eyeliner or brow brush, or one of those tiny paintbrush style brushes and you won't be disappointed

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The packaging is doesn't do it justice. Mine dried into a clumpy mess inside of a month. Since I had to import it from the US through an underground network of intrepid beauty enthusiasts I wasn't just gonna throw it out. 10 drops of contact lens cleaner liquid returned it to a usable state.

They really have to do something about that brush. It's too long and not stiff enough (not a good combination in anything really...) basically a lip brush. I use it to dab the tiniest amount of the gel onto my brow and then spread it with a clean mascara brush.

With that said the product itself is wunderous (sorry, couldn't resist). It lasts all day through sweaty summer days and workouts but still manages to not look painted on.

on 2/9/2016 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I ❤ this stuff!

I have pretty full brows to begin with, but they grow in uneven (one's a little higher, and one's a little longer, which is annoying) and I even them out, extend them a tiny bit, and thicken them a little - brilliantly with Wunderbrow. This makes decent/good brows EXTRAORDINARY BROWS! I can only speak for how it works with existing hair...

With this product, they look completely natural (used with a LIGHT hand - which required some practice and a lot of brushing through and out with the spooly until I got the hang of it) and do not come off when I wash my face unless I intentionally remove them with oil based/really good foaming cleanser and a bit of scrubbing.

In fact, after the water hit them (and I didn't wash around them, I just washed my face as usual in the shower because not doing so daily is just nasty - eyebrows be damned!), they actually looked better (how I learned that a lighter hand is best)! It seemed the water removed the excess product which refined the shape, made them less bushy, and they looked even more natural one brushed out.

I do NOT love the included applicator and only use it in a rush. This applies much better and lighter and with much more control with a small, angled, good quality brow brush. My holy grail applicator for this, however, and anything brow these days, is the Pointed Brow Brush by Sephora. I don't know how I ever survived without it before, but I bought 2 of them for backup in case they're every discontinued or I lose one...

I'm hooked! And, Brunette, BTW, is plenty dark unless you have seriously jet black hair (and, I'm a tan black girl)! Please don't go too dark and walk around looking like Groucho Marx! That's not cute... I do like the Black/Brown, too - but, I mix the two--I use Brunette in the center corners of my brows, and go gradiently darker through the brow to a softer less full end with the Black/Brown... I'm also very picky! You don't need to mix them! When in doubt, choose lighter to soften your look (prettier and more youthful).

Trust me on these tips. You'll thank me later. I'm glad I followed my instincts... This is my new favorite product and I'm a performer/semi makeup guru due to my profession, and a makeup junkie. ❤

on 2/13/2016 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Had to order this online as I could not find a store that sells it. It was a lot of money when factoring in the shipping costs, but I figured it was worth the risk seeing as it had great reviews. It goes on super clumpy, is not a good colour match for my skin tone, and it doesn't blend well. There is something off about the pigment too. As well It also does something funky to my eyebrows and makes them stand up against my skin. I tried using my MAC eyebrow bush to blend to no avail. I watched youtube videos on how to apply it in case I was doing something wrong. I even tried using dark eyeshadow to even out the pigment, but that didn't work either. The only thing I use this for is to accentuate my existing beauty mark on my left upper lip area as it stays on very well and won't smudge. Thank goodness I can use it for something!

After this bad review, I still think it might be worth trying as there are so many good reviews for this product. Maybe it's just me. After all, nothing is going to work great on every person.

on 3/12/2016 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I'm not giving a 5 simply because of the brush inside the dispenser, definitely useless, but the product as a whole is great! I use an angled eyebrow brush to apply and it goes on very nicely. Looks very natural, easy to apply and lasts. I ordered the auburn color and it's prefect for my coloring.

Let me just say I am so glad I waited to review this product because I was NOT impressed at first! I ordered it online and was so excited to try it when it finally arrived and then - it looked awful! The color/finish was chalky, it looked uneven and felt "goopy" even after ample drying time. And to top it off, it was at least 50% gone after just one night of sleep, no shower or anything! Needless to say I was very disappointed! But then I realized I was simply putting on too much! Now, I just apply one quick coat with the included applicator (which I didn't even try at first because pretty much every review said it was crap, but I actually love it) on both eyes, then go back to the first eye and blend/shape them with the included spooly while they are still about 60% wet. The most important thing here is to evenly disperse the product through the eyebrows and get the shape you want. It will still look a little wet/shiny, but by the time I finish the rest of my eye makeup it has dried to perfect naturally bold brows! And with this thin application, it lasts through a shower and/or a night's sleep with no problem! I can honestly say the most important thing I've learned is to mess with it as little as possible while it's drying! I was making it way harder than it needed to be. lol Overall, this is a wonderful product...with a little trial and error. :)

on 3/31/2016 5:09:00 PM

This stuff is amazing!!! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because of the brush it comes with. Get yourself a good, angled brow brush to use with it and it's perfect. Lasts about 2 days on me. The brunette color is great. Makes my eyebrows look so much fuller. A bit pricey but.. LOVE. IT. It's so much better than powder.

on 5/28/2016 10:05:00 AM

This product is very watery. The competition, Smartbrow, was far superior. Now that Smartbrow has changed it's applicator from a perfect thin brush to a small stubby one, I'm
disappointed but using the old brush with the newer orders. Wunderbrow has the same idea as Smartbrow but needs more fibers and a thicker solution.

Popular Brows Products