Filtered by age: 36-43
WunderbrowWunderbrowWunderbrow

3.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hmmm. I have mixed thoughts on this one. I did get the wrong color, so that might be part of the problem.:;) I have finally grew real brows! lol;)) But, I still have to fill in spots. This product is OK but I wish it came with a better brush and spoolie. I would love this if I had got the dark brown, so I can create hair strokes.

on 8/20/2017 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My brows are somewhat thin and I have a couple of sparse spots. Yes, I overplucked as a teenager. I still have brows, but they're not nearly as full as they used to be. I've been able to use Anastasia Dipbrow to fill them in realistically, so I thought Wunderbrow might work.

I bought this waterproof gel based on the rave reviews, and I think if your brows are already in decent shape, it might work. The tube is similar to drugstore concealer tubes with a brush applicator.

There isn't a good shade for me. MAC Fling is my ideal match - blonde and somewhat ash but not too green or grey. However, the Blonde color looked slate grey when I compared it to my Fling pencil. The other shades are too brown. But for a woman with natural silver or white hair, I think Wunderbrow's idea of "blonde" might be a good color.

My other problem was that I couldn't get it to look natural. The tail of my brow is fuller, so applied sparingly, Wunderbrow didn't look too bad. It can become clumpy if you're not careful. But closer to my nose, at the head of the brow where I usually fill in with pencil, Wunderbrow looked very obvious (and very grey). It was just a layer of artificial color sitting on skin that doesn't have much hair beneath. Building it up for opaque coverage looked worse, very heavy and patchy. Softening the edges didn't make it look any more natural.

It does seem to be waterproof, but it came off easily with Garnier Micellar Water so I don't think it's necessary to buy a tube of Wunderbrow Cleanse for removal.

For $22, I wasn't impressed with the look and decided to go back to my tried-and-true MAC Fling, filling in with thin, hairlike strokes. The only pomade I've found so far that really works for me is Anastasia Dipbrow.

In fact, the only thing I liked about Wunderbrow was the spoolie that came with it. It was softer than most spoolies. It was excellent for brushing through the dried gel without taking it off. But the spoolie alone was not worth $22, so I returned Wunderbrow. Luckily I had kept my receipt.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hm, not too convinced about this one... It took me quite a while to join the craze,mainly because I was a bit concerned about how permanent it claims to be, but also about the colour: I am using black eyebrow pencils and just lightly touch up my brows. I am also a brunette but all the brown brow pencils tend to have a bit of red and look extremely unnatural on me, but the black Wunderbrow looked a bit too much to look natural on me, and the black/brown looked slightly red...
So: after checking a YouTube video where a vlogger actually could take the Wunderbrow off with a normal eyemakeup remover, I thought this is probably not as permanent as it claims to be, so went and bought it. Boots does not seem to have the black one, and I thought perhaps I could try the black/brown and see what happens. Needless to say when I got home, I tried a bit of it on my hand, and yes, you can remove it very easily with Clinique's Take the Day Off eye makeup remover...

I am not sure how the company claims this should stay on you for so long: If, like me, you are taking your makeup off religiously every night, chances are you will remove this too. The idea of sleeping with my man and have all my makeup off but thick unnatural eyebrows does not really appeal to me anyway, so I remove it ever night with Clinique's TTDO. But yes, it won't smudge or anything during the day, but then again so did my Dior eyebrow pencil. The colour proved a real good match, though I am doing my brows very lightly first straight with the Wunderbrow brush and then with Mac's 266 angled brush which is perfect, and finally brushing them with the wand provided with Wunderbrow. I have to say the result is very polished, but still not convinced it's worth all this hype... Will probably repurchase again when this finishes.

This stuff is everything. I'm putting all my pencils and powders in the bad bin. Life has a whole new meaning.

on 4/30/2017 4:01:00 PM

I apply this product differently then others. What I do is that I'll use a pencil to outline my brow shape first. Then I'll lightly coat a bit of a spoolie with the product then spoolie through my brows. I'll add product as needed. I find this method to be the most natural for me. When I use a brush, it's way too harsh looking. It lasts all day but dies come off with cleanser, as I thoroughly clean my face at night. Great for days when you need your brows to stay put.

I am going on my 4th tube of Wunderbrow. I cannot live without it! But there is a HUGE learning curve to it! You need to use a small angled brush instead of the wand applicator. I love the ABH #12 brush. The product doesn't apply well to skin, you have to stamp it on, let it dry a few seconds and keep building it up. When it dries completely it doesn't budge. After I wash my face at night I put it in my brows. I have early mornings so when I wake up my brows are ready to go! It dries fast and once it sets you won't be able to move it. You can easily do a glam brow or a natural brow depending on how you apply it. I usually start at the bottom of my brow and use a spoolie to brush up through my brow hair. I've gone swimming and it held up really well!

on 1/31/2017 12:14:00 PM

Skin: Other, Deep Dark, Not Sure

After seeing so many ads for this product, I decided to give it a shot. Since I wasn't blessed with thick eyebrows, I literally have to paint my eyebrows in everyday and it gets pretty annoying. I thought this would be the perfect solution. My first time trying it was not successful. I am darker skinned and picked the darkest shade they have which ended up looking ashy on me. Also the color was not very pigmented even after a couple of applications. I could hardly even see it when I applied it and the product was very drying. I had such high expectations, but unfortunately, this product did not last even an hour as promised. I decided to give it another shot but got the same results. I wish it actually did last all day, that would have been so great!

on 12/17/2016 5:03:00 AM

not a huge fan of this. I have long but fairly sparse eyebrow hairs. The brush is too big, the stuff is too goopy. Imagine drawing in your eyebrows with lipgloss (brush applicator, cuz that's essentially what it is!!). It's actually even difficult to put on with my Anastasia brow brush. because of my long eyebrow hairs, when I put it on it gets everywhere. I usually have to redo it a few times to get it right. and it doesn't really stick to the areas that have no hair. Also doesn't look very natural. Anastasia eyebrow powder is much better, but I had a problem with it staying on all day because of my oily skin. Also, I needed something that was water proof for swimming. Wunderbrow does stay on all day and is water proof, but it's not worth the price for the result.

UPDATE: Ugh!! My wunderbrow dried up in just over a month!! maybe this has something to do with the fact I find it very finicky to work with so it takes me a while to get the results I want on my brow, causing the gel to dry up in the bottle as I apply. It takes me probably 3 minutes per brow, and this stuff dried up in a month! NOT WORTH THE PRICE!!.

Like most people looking at this product, I have eyebrow issues. My eyebrows are sparse from the thin eyebrow craze of the 90's (thanks, Drew Barrymore) and to top it off, it's constructed of the same fine hairs on my head. Needless to say, my eyebrow game needs a boost.

I wanted to really, really love this product. Especially with the constant bombardment of vloggers vouching its greatness. Unfortunately, this product is a hard pass for me. I don't consider myself a rookie to applying makeup but, just to make sure, I logged probably hundreds of hours on YouTube tutorials just to make sure I got the application just right. The packaging is very similar to a tube of lip gloss, down to the lip brush they expect you to use to apply it. I don't recommend using this brush to apply it directly to your eyebrows unless you love a blotchy smear above your eyes. So, based on numerous recommendations, I bought the angled eyebrow brushes with the spoolie tip (4 to be exact) to apply this miracle formula.

Once you get the angled brushes, application isn't too difficult, however, the end result can be inconsistent, and in my case, unnatural. The consistency is liquid and dries relatively quickly. I purchased the medium brown shade and it dries to an ashy brown color. Initially, the eyebrow color looks great. I thought I had found the new Holy Grail of eyebrow makeup. And it's supposed to be transfer-proof, waterproof, and lasts for days?! How is this only $22??

Day 1:
As I mentioned before, initially, my eyebrows looked great. As the day wore on, they almost took on a "powdery" cast under overhead lighting. Is this the hairlike fibers they are referring to (there are no fibers in the formula itself)? It's a little difficult to describe but I found myself constantly trying to wipe off the powder whenever I looked in a mirror. Good thing this stuff is smudge-proof and transfer-proof! As previously mentioned, the consistency is liquid so the formula dries like paint. Literally. My eyebrows looked painted on. It doesn't matter how "feathery" or light my strokes were. Or how hard I tried to mimic hair like strokes when I applied the formula. It always, always, ALWAYS dried into one flat stroke with no dimension. The end result being two skid marks above my eyes instead of beautiful, natural looking eyebrows. At night, I washed my face, using a non oil based cleanser (Belif Creamy Cleansing Foam) and was careful to avoid applying any oil based product on my eyebrows.

Day 2:
The next day, my eyebrows looked a little faded which turned out to be a good thing. After washing my face, I noticed the formula softened a little and looked a little blotchy, so I ran a spoolie back through them to redistribute it evenly. Then I touched up some spots with my eyebrow pencil (Anastasia Brow Whiz or Dior Show). The result was a slightly more natural looking eyebrow. It still had the powdery cast but it seemed less like a Sharpie. In addition, the 15 minutes I spent the day before on my eyebrows saved me 10 minutes on Day 2! Not too bad.

Day 3:
By the third day, my eyebrows had mostly faded away. I still combed through the remaining formula after washing my face but there wasn't much left. I was back to using my pencils and pomades for the heavy lifting.

I've used this product for about 2 months and I just can't seem to get this to look natural no matter what I do. I've tried applying it full on. Applying it on half of eyebrow and using a pencil or pomade on the front half to create a gradient look. The results are always the same painted on look. Yes, it's transfer proof, smudge-proof (once dry), and somewhat water proof but having painted on skid marks on my face just isn't the look for me. I think this could work great for those of us with thicker hairs or don't require as much maintenance. For those with sparse or no hair, the end result will look painted on.

For now, I'll stick with Anastasia Dipbrow pomade and Brow Whiz eyebrow pencils. The search continues...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been obsessed with getting perfect eyebrows for some time now. Only gripe I have with this is that it isn't water resistant at all in my opinion. You can easily get 4-5 days out of each application that you do. Lasting power is amazing.

Will repurchase no doubt!

Popular Brows Products