Bloom Cosmetics Multi Purpose Cosmetic Palette - Girlie

eyes: Eskimo eyeshadow - shimmery snow white

eyes: Peony eyeshadow - shimmery icy pink

lips: Cutie Pie lipstick - glossy pinky plum

lips: Cosmopolitan Solid Lip Gloss - pink gloss with silver shimmer

face: Rosie Sheer Colour Cream - shimmery medium pink for cheeks, lips, and eyes

First impression: ew, too pink....

Product: The e/s are silky and smooth. Eskimo is a nice highlighter with soft shimmer. I didn't think I would like Peony, it's a sparkly, frosty, bright cool candy pink in the pan but goes on relatively sheer with gentle shimmer and more of a icy, cool pink on my AAB/NC25 skin; not an overwhelming shade and looks surprisingly fresh on my face (usually pink e/s makes me look ill). The l/s looked a bit dark in the pan but looked great on my lips, a much-deeper-than-MLBB neutral plum-pink shade but not overly dramatic at the same time; the color has a very nice glossy finish to it, so it doesn't feel like a heavy lipstick, and yet it is nicely pigmented too, what a nice l/s (I may have to try more!). The l/g is nice too, smooth texture and well pigmented with some shimmer that wears like a pink l/s with a frost finish. The Sheer Color Cream was a wonderful surprise. I love multi-purpose products as well as palettes, and this cream has a wonderful texture to work with - creamy and smooth, not too firm, easily applied by fingertip or foundation brush on cheeks, feels nice on lips and eyes.

Packaging: The packaging is a long, thin metal compact with full length mirror under the lid and the color pans all in a line. Very slim and portable. A full-length well holds the included double-ended brush, which is the only thing I don't like - there's a foam shadow applicator on one end (I prefer brushes though) and a too-soft, too-skinny lip brush on the other end; if compacts are going to include applicators, they should be good ones or omitted altogether.

Overall: Don't apply with a heavy hand or you risk, well, being too girlie and pink :) Overall rating of 4; great product texture, but the pink e/s is just too much pink for me. I just can't pull off pink e/s. Plus, it stays a cool pink while the lippies and blush turn warm with my complexion, and the mix of cool and warm pinks looks weird on me. Luckily, the pans all pop out so I can substitute a different e/s pan for the Peony (btw- Origins e/s singles fit). Rating of 5 for the packaging overall, minus one for the included foam-tip applicator - I just don't like it (YMMV). continued >>

I really like this! All the bloom shades I love all in one palette! Eskimo & Peony e/s,Cutie Pie lipstick,Cosmopolitan solid lip gloss & Rosie sheer colour cream for cheeks.

The palette itself is soo darn cute! Has the Bloom girl's face on it w/ hearts & flowers. Has a nice handy mirror inside as well! I give this a A++

This is another great palette from Bloom. I usually dont wear pinks on my eyes but I tried this palette and love it!

The shadows look extra frosty on the palette, but DON'T BE AFRAID! They go on very sheer and are very subtle. I wear eskimo as a wash & peony in the crease. I finished this eye look w/ the Spy wet/dry eyeshadow pencil from Bloom and it look gorgeoush!!!

The lipstick & gloss are long lasting and taste great. The sheer color cream looks beautiful on cheeks.

Overall a beautiful, subtle, pink look. Loooove it, but just don't use the lip brush or applicator included. This suck big time!

on 12/12/2002 8:20:00 AM

The palettes are SO adorable, and such great value for money! Two eyeshadows, one lipgloss, one lipstick and a multi-purpose shimmer/blush product, all presented in a divine little case reminiscent of the Stila palettes, complete with double-ended brush.

Actually, the brush is a little useless- sponge tip on one end and flimsy lipbrush on the other- but in all other areas, this palette is a winner. Girlie is so pretty, with Eskimo (shimmery snow white) and Peony (shimmery icy pink) as the eyeshadows. The lipcolour is Cutie Pie, whic is an intense medium mauve-pink, and the lipgloss is Cosmopolitan- a sugary pink gloss infused with silver sparkles. Finally, the Sheer Colour Cream is Rosie, a divine shimmery medium pink which works wonderfully as a pretty blush. continued >>

on 2/8/2003 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Another perfect palette from Bloom! I ADORE these palettes. They're cute, functional, and wearable, unlike so many other multi-purpose palettes out there where I can only use 1 or 2 of the colours, at most. Bloom's palettes allow me to build an entire face utilizing all of the shades, and that's probably the most appealing aspect of this item. The eye shadows in Girlie are gorgeous together: Eskimo is a snow white that looks beautiful blended with Peony, a soft, cotton candy pink. The effect is a wintery look that really makes the eyes appear huge. The complimentary gloss, lipstick and all over colour are equally becoming, especially because they work so well together. An excellent buy.

on 11/15/2002 11:17:00 AM

Love this palette!! It's got everything you need in such a compact case you can take everywhere!

Girlie is a really pretty and sweet look. The colours are mostly pinks and I think this would look would look really fantastic on gals who are quite fair although it suits a medium colouring like mine.

Eskimo is a pearly white e/s that can be applied all over as a wash. I apply Peony e/s (shimmery pink) very lightly on the lid till crease. The Cutie Pie lipstick looks great with the Cosmopolitan lip gloss applied over it. And the Rosie Sheer Colour Cream gives a really sweet flush to the cheeks. Although Rosie is a little pinker than what I would usually wear, it still looks natural when applied lightly on the cheeks.

Overall a great buy! Love it!

on 10/21/2002 8:05:00 AM

Wheeee! Bloom just outdid themselves this time 'round. The palette itself is just perfect - it contains eyes, cheeks and lips looks all in one little kit. The palette itself is a really gorgeous slim compact with the Bloom cartoon girl on it.
Inside the GIRLIE palette, there's "Eskimo" and "Peony" eyeshadows (a really pretty girly look), a "Cutie Pie" lipstick (gorgeous rosey red), "Cosmopolitan" lipgloss (sheer pink with silver) and "Rosie" sheer colour cream. Using everything gives a really soft sweet girly pink look - and it's gorgeous! :)
PIC: