Bloom Cosmetics Multi Purpose Cosmetic Palette - Girlie

eyes: Eskimo eyeshadow - shimmery snow white

eyes: Peony eyeshadow - shimmery icy pink

lips: Cutie Pie lipstick - glossy pinky plum

lips: Cosmopolitan Solid Lip Gloss - pink gloss with silver shimmer

face: Rosie Sheer Colour Cream - shimmery medium pink for cheeks, lips, and eyes

First impression: ew, too pink....

Product: The e/s are silky and smooth. Eskimo is a nice highlighter with soft shimmer. I didn't think I would like Peony, it's a sparkly, frosty, bright cool candy pink in the pan but goes on relatively sheer with gentle shimmer and more of a icy, cool pink on my AAB/NC25 skin; not an overwhelming shade and looks surprisingly fresh on my face (usually pink e/s makes me look ill). The l/s looked a bit dark in the pan but looked great on my lips, a much-deeper-than-MLBB neutral plum-pink shade but not overly dramatic at the same time; the color has a very nice glossy finish to it, so it doesn't feel like a heavy lipstick, and yet it is nicely pigmented too, what a nice l/s (I may have to try more!). The l/g is nice too, smooth texture and well pigmented with some shimmer that wears like a pink l/s with a frost finish. The Sheer Color Cream was a wonderful surprise. I love multi-purpose products as well as palettes, and this cream has a wonderful texture to work with - creamy and smooth, not too firm, easily applied by fingertip or foundation brush on cheeks, feels nice on lips and eyes.

Packaging: The packaging is a long, thin metal compact with full length mirror under the lid and the color pans all in a line. Very slim and portable. A full-length well holds the included double-ended brush, which is the only thing I don't like - there's a foam shadow applicator on one end (I prefer brushes though) and a too-soft, too-skinny lip brush on the other end; if compacts are going to include applicators, they should be good ones or omitted altogether.

Overall: Don't apply with a heavy hand or you risk, well, being too girlie and pink :) Overall rating of 4; great product texture, but the pink e/s is just too much pink for me. I just can't pull off pink e/s. Plus, it stays a cool pink while the lippies and blush turn warm with my complexion, and the mix of cool and warm pinks looks weird on me. Luckily, the pans all pop out so I can substitute a different e/s pan for the Peony (btw- Origins e/s singles fit). Rating of 5 for the packaging overall, minus one for the included foam-tip applicator - I just don't like it (YMMV). continued >>

on 12/12/2002 8:20:00 AM

The palettes are SO adorable, and such great value for money! Two eyeshadows, one lipgloss, one lipstick and a multi-purpose shimmer/blush product, all presented in a divine little case reminiscent of the Stila palettes, complete with double-ended brush.

Actually, the brush is a little useless- sponge tip on one end and flimsy lipbrush on the other- but in all other areas, this palette is a winner. Girlie is so pretty, with Eskimo (shimmery snow white) and Peony (shimmery icy pink) as the eyeshadows. The lipcolour is Cutie Pie, whic is an intense medium mauve-pink, and the lipgloss is Cosmopolitan- a sugary pink gloss infused with silver sparkles. Finally, the Sheer Colour Cream is Rosie, a divine shimmery medium pink which works wonderfully as a pretty blush. continued >>