Avon Eye Shadow Primer

Avon Eye Shadow Primer

4.2

ISODODECANE TALC NYLON-12 BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE PARAFFIN C12-13 ALKYL LACTATE SILICA WATER/EAU PROPYLENE CARBONATE DIMETHICONE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER METHYLPARABEN POLYETHYLENE CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT ETHYLPARABEN TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE SACCHAROMYCES LYSATE EXTRACT C9-15 FLUOROALCOHOL PHOSPHATE BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1 PEG-12 DIMETHICONE SODIUM HYALURONATE MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE/CI 77891 IRON OXIDES

Does not make your eyeshadow last and being In a tub is not hygenic.

on 4/6/2016 6:57:00 AM

I agree with the previous reviewer that this primer makes it look like the skin on the eyelids is peeling and flaking. I've given it several tries using different shadows on top and no matter what I do/use it looks terrible.
I would not recommend this to anyone.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I'm noticing that this seems to peal off and looks like I've got pealing skin on my lids. Granted I might be doing something wrong. The shadow goes on unevenly and it just looks a mess. How I apply this is to run my finger with a little dab of this across the lids, wait for a short while for it to dry then apply shadow over it. This product does not allow the shadow to go on smoothly, it goes on patchy and looks awful. I tried this again by not waiting for it to dry but same result, it does not work well.
I like the glass little container though so have scooped out the primer and thrown it away but kept the little jar to use for coconut oil or other products, glass is so easy to clean, I don't like plastic jars.

on 3/17/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I much prefer this to Urban Decay or Too Faced primers as it covers dark colouring on the eyelids and makes a nice blank canvas. Also, it is about a third of the price.

on 6/20/2015 4:50:00 AM

Great primer. I have very deep set eyes and literally cannot wear shadow without a primer. This dries quickly and helps my shadow last much longer. The only downside is the glass pot is a little heavy but given I've tried so many and they've failed me, I'll let it go. A third the price of UD/TF.

on 6/3/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

It does help the eye shadow stay on long but it doesn't blend very well and makes it difficult to blend the eyeshadows

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I think the consistency is a bit to creamy it doesn't feel like it sticks to your lid & it moves as you add eye shadow & I find sometimes the eye shadow 'cracks' or creases. However for the price & if you add a very thin layer it can stay on my dressing table but I won't purchase again

on 2/25/2015 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Amazing product! I'm at my second one, I enjoy it a lot. it performs better than too faced's shadow insurance and it costs like 3 euro.

on 9/13/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I never used a primer before, even though I do tend to wear a lot of eyeshadow daily. I have extremely oily skin, so my eyeshadow always creased after few hours. This is the first primer I bought and I'm very impressed. If I put two layers, eyeshadow stays on for a very long time. The longest time I had my makeup on, since I got it, is 12 hours and it made the test :) When I put one layer and also only one layer of eyeshadow, it didn't work, but that's understandable with my oily lids.

I love the product and I would definitely recommend it to those with oily lids, just be careful to put two layers.

I also love the price and the cutest little packaging, although I will probably need a brush at the end :D

on 7/4/2014 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pros
1. As a person who has really (like, really) oily skin, one of the main problems I constantly try to resolve is how to keep the make up on my face. This miracle product is the first one that has ever helped me to keep the eyeshadows in place for the whole evening/night/even morning. If you have to go to a party, apply 2 layers and this will last for a long time.
2. The texture is really soft and the product easily applies on your eyelids.

Cons
1. The packaging is not the most successful one, because with longer nails it gets harder to get the product out of the small glass bottle. Because of the glass it is also difficult to understand how much product is left there.

In overall, I have to give this 5/5. After a lot of experimenting, this product is staying in my makeup bag. And the price is amazing as well.