Bloom Olive Eyeshadow

No Image

4.5

on 4/24/2007 12:24:00 AM

I've had this in my stash for ages but haven't really used it much. I was drawn to the shimmery olive shade, and it looks great as a colour wash on the lids when I'm wearing black & warm reds, but doesn't go with most of my cool-toned clothes & accessories. It's very smooth, highly pigmented and blends well, but doesn't travel well - it broke and I had to empty the fragments into a separate pot. I've got loads of this e/s left and I use very little at a time, so I doubt I'll need to repurchase.

Update 2010: I've resurrected this shadow - partly because I own more warm-toned clothes now. It looks good with anything that's beige or khaki, or when I wear brass jewellery. Also, it's turned out to be one of my least crease-prone shadows when worn over MAC eye primer. The colour does fade in intensity, but - how shall I put this - in quite an aesthetic way. I generally wear it without any liner.

Still have lots left, and Bloom is no longer available where I live, so I might buy a backup and try their other shadows if I travel to Australia in the near future.

Update 2013: Urban Decayís 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Stash is perfect over this Ė same tone but slightly darker. I donít wear any base eyeshadow shade with this, so itís really quick to apply. I havenít tried combining this with other eyeshadows either, but I imagine it looks good as a base for warmer darker browns. It still has good staying power alone, lasting more than 6h without UDPP. And even when it fades, thereís little creasing, and whatís left is still clearly olive gold.

I would repurchase this but I still have tons left after having it for years, and I tend not to throw eyeshadows away if they smell totally fine and Iíve suffered no eye infections while Iíve used them.

on 12/28/2006 9:40:00 PM

I absolutely adore this colour. It is the most beautiful, shimmery, well pigmented olive-y shadow. It applies like the silkiest of silks and is long wearing. Of course it's long wearing life can be extended with a base, but it can hold it's own without it. The gorgeous, luxeness of the colour is what really grabs me. So rich. It is one of the few colours that looks so special on it's own, but will just amp up the beautifulness of any eyeshadow combo. Deeevine!

on 2/13/2006 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the Bloom shadows. They are deeply pigmented, lots of shimmer, glide on smoothly and last all day. olive is a super shimmery olive green with golden shimmer. Gorgeous color. Retails for between $13 and $15 per shadow and comes in a compact with mirror.

Ingredients include: Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ICI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 7/7/2005 9:40:00 PM

I canít believe I havenít reviewed this yet, as Iíve owned it for over 18 months. Like other reviewers have said this is an olive green shade with gold shimmer that is easy and smooth to apply and wears well. For those who might find slight creasing a problem I use MAC Blot Powder on my lids and it works a treat. This is a good quality shadow for AUD20 and is a great winter shade or good for smoky eyes.

on 1/20/2005 4:12:00 PM

This is just the perfect olive colour. Green-gold, shimmery and really good quality - stay put for quite a long time. Love the packaging!

on 5/8/2004 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Olive is, surprise surprise, an olive green colour with shimmer added. I adore this shade and it is definitely worth the AUD$20 I paid for it. Like all Bloom eyeshadows it goes on smoothly and stays put. It looks great with my skin (light olive), eyes (blue) and hair colour du jour (currently ash blonde). Will repurchase if I ever run out!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is a great 'old' looking antiquey kind of green. It looks more shimmery than you would expect an olive colour to have but for me this is a bonus. I took one lipstick off though as their eyeshadows sometimes seem hard and it is a bit difficult to apply them

on 3/25/2003 12:29:00 AM

I'm a big fan of Bloom's eyeshadows and this is no exception. It's shimmery but has no actualy glitter particles in it that can fall on your cheeks, which is a bonus. It goes on sheerer than it looks in the pan but the olive shade can be deepened if you use it wet or if you apply another layer.

on 3/24/2003 2:02:00 AM

It's a true olive with golden sheen. Brings out my eyes and make them "pop". Powder so soft and easy to blend/apply. Great quality.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

wow a lovely brown green color e/s with slight golden shimmers, great for smokey look yea? this came in one of their trio palette, and it's a beautiful color. Seems to be quite a wearable color =) U ppl should try it!