Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%. Lanolin 13.5% Petrolatum 40.2% cocoa seed butter, beeswax, ozokerite polygycryl-3 beeswax, flavor, shea butter, avocado oil, alkyl hydroxystearoyl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, cyclopentasilixane, microcrystalline wax, camellia sinenis leaf extract, cyclohexasiloxane

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have bought this balm for my husband several times, and I always end up using his (or just stealing a tube from time to time.) He likes it, and so do I. It is smooth and moisturizing, and I like it to maintain soft lips. If my lips are very chapped this isn't really enough to completely heal them, but it does soothe them. If I use it frequently, I do notice that my lips get chapped less often. I like the packaging as well, even though it is a little hard to see how much product is left. For the price, though, this is an amazing balm.

on 4/16/2018 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Magic.
Basically it's minty Aquaphor, and not much different formula than Carmex but seems to work better on my lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

The best lip balm I've ever used. Turns even the driest, flakiest lips into plush pillows. Amazingly moisturizing formula aside, it's super affordable and the packaging makes application so easy, unlike those tins you have to dip your fingers into. Being a mint addict, I've only bothered with the Mint flavor, but the other varieties sound just as tempting.

on 12/21/2017 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought the Shea Butter version of this. It reminds me of Vaseline but creamier, and the Shea Butter has a mild vanilla scent to it which I happen to love. This balm goes on clear but does not look shiny or greasy, it coats the lips and provides SPF25 while protecting your lips from dryness. It also seems to last longer on my lips than other balms. Having to reapply balm continuously is a real pet peeve of mine. If a balm wears off quickly there is no way it is penetrating enough to moisturize my lips. This one is a keeper for me. Highly recommend.

on 12/8/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is HG without a doubt. No other lip balm works as well as this one. I especially notice the effectiveness now as it’s been so dry and my lips are screaming for moisture. I also use this before applying liquid lipsticks - just remove it before you apply the lipstick otherwise the lipstick will move. My favorite scent is the grapefruit - smells so refreshing and clean. I keep at least 3 of these on hand at all times.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been obsessively using this and hoarding this for years, and i thought i should write a review! Before i found this stuff, nothing hydrated my lips or penetrated my lips like this stuff does. Everything else just sits on top of the lips, covering it with a waxy coating but not truly sinking in and helping. This stuff sinks in and penetrates and hydrates like no other!! There are some great expensive lip treatments out there, but for the price, you just can't beat this. It's $6 a tube, a little goes a LONG way, and it works so wonderfully! I used to be dedicated only to By Terry Baume de Rose and wouldn't think of using anything else, but i had heard great things about JB, picked it up on a whim, and my Baume de Rose went bye-bye! I was paying $70 for a lip balm. I was convinced it was the best. It IS great, but it's just not practical at all. I use the shea flavored one... it's a mild, unoffensive scent/taste. The mint one is nice too. It comes in a squeeze tube but I've seen them come out with a stick if that's your pref. I always have a tube with me in my car, makeup bag, work bag, nightstand, bathroom, living room, etc. I carry a tube with me to work and use it on my patients who have extremely chapped and peeling lips because they have trachs and are on ventilators. It helps immensely! Can't say enough good things about this stuff!

on 12/4/2017 9:13:00 PM

Nice feel and does the job. I have the minty one. It kinda make you have the plumped lips feeling. nothing out of the ordinary just a nice feeling balm. probably wont be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried this in every scent and my favorite is still the Lemon & Shea Butter followed by the Black tea & Raspberry or Black Cherry & Pomegranate. Sephora used to carry it but when they stopped I ordered it from drugstore.com. Now they are gone so I get it from the getjackblack.com website online. This is a holy grail because I've used it for over 10 years and I am never without it. I keep one in my purse and one on my nightstand and use it every single night before I go to sleep. If your lips are super chapped, it really doesn't do much for that. Nothing helps my chapped lips like Carmex. I use Carmex 1-2 days and then go back to my Jack Black. I always wake up with nicely moisturized lips. Love it! It's a staple for me unless they discontinue it.

on 10/6/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG lip balm. (Bye-bye, Carmex!) It’s the only one that has a decent spf (25 spf!) but doesn’t feel waxy. It’s definitely expensive for balm so I buy the triad or the quad holiday packages to save some $ each year.

on 9/25/2017 12:03:00 AM

I love this lip balm. Great flavors, and the tube really does last. This is my go-to balm for slicking on before bed and I literally can't fall asleep if I don't have it! I loved the old Victoria's Secret lip balm pots, but they recently changed their formulas, and so I have struggled to find a replacement. Well- now I have found it. I originally got a foil sample in my Sephor order, and I loved it so much (was able to squeeze out 3 applications) I got online and ordered it as soon as I could. My local Sephora doesn't carry it :-(
If you need a lip balm give this a try!

I have only tried the original and the Lemon with Shea- but they were both great. Need more tubes so I can stash them in all my bags!

Top Rated Lip Treatments