Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Avobenzone 3.0%. Lanolin 13.5% Petrolatum 40.2% cocoa seed butter, beeswax, ozokerite polygycryl-3 beeswax, flavor, shea butter, avocado oil, alkyl hydroxystearoyl stearate, tocopheryl acetate, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, isopropylparaben, cyclopentasilixane, microcrystalline wax, camellia sinenis leaf extract, cyclohexasiloxane

on 12/21/2017 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the Shea Butter version of this. It reminds me of Vaseline but creamier, and the Shea Butter has a mild vanilla scent to it which I happen to love. This balm goes on clear but does not look shiny or greasy, it coats the lips and provides SPF25 while protecting your lips from dryness. It also seems to last longer on my lips than other balms. Having to reapply balm continuously is a real pet peeve of mine. If a balm wears off quickly there is no way it is penetrating enough to moisturize my lips. This one is a keeper for me. Highly recommend.

on 12/8/2017 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is HG without a doubt. No other lip balm works as well as this one. I especially notice the effectiveness now as it’s been so dry and my lips are screaming for moisture. I also use this before applying liquid lipsticks - just remove it before you apply the lipstick otherwise the lipstick will move. My favorite scent is the grapefruit - smells so refreshing and clean. I keep at least 3 of these on hand at all times.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been obsessively using this and hoarding this for years, and i thought i should write a review! Before i found this stuff, nothing hydrated my lips or penetrated my lips like this stuff does. Everything else just sits on top of the lips, covering it with a waxy coating but not truly sinking in and helping. This stuff sinks in and penetrates and hydrates like no other!! There are some great expensive lip treatments out there, but for the price, you just can't beat this. It's $6 a tube, a little goes a LONG way, and it works so wonderfully! I used to be dedicated only to By Terry Baume de Rose and wouldn't think of using anything else, but i had heard great things about JB, picked it up on a whim, and my Baume de Rose went bye-bye! I was paying $70 for a lip balm. I was convinced it was the best. It IS great, but it's just not practical at all. I use the shea flavored one... it's a mild, unoffensive scent/taste. The mint one is nice too. It comes in a squeeze tube but I've seen them come out with a stick if that's your pref. I always have a tube with me in my car, makeup bag, work bag, nightstand, bathroom, living room, etc. I carry a tube with me to work and use it on my patients who have extremely chapped and peeling lips because they have trachs and are on ventilators. It helps immensely! Can't say enough good things about this stuff!

on 12/4/2017 9:13:00 PM

Nice feel and does the job. I have the minty one. It kinda make you have the plumped lips feeling. nothing out of the ordinary just a nice feeling balm. probably wont be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2017 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried this in every scent and my favorite is still the Lemon & Shea Butter followed by the Black tea & Raspberry or Black Cherry & Pomegranate. Sephora used to carry it but when they stopped I ordered it from drugstore.com. Now they are gone so I get it from the getjackblack.com website online. This is a holy grail because I've used it for over 10 years and I am never without it. I keep one in my purse and one on my nightstand and use it every single night before I go to sleep. If your lips are super chapped, it really doesn't do much for that. Nothing helps my chapped lips like Carmex. I use Carmex 1-2 days and then go back to my Jack Black. I always wake up with nicely moisturized lips. Love it! It's a staple for me unless they discontinue it.

on 10/6/2017 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my HG lip balm. (Bye-bye, Carmex!) It’s the only one that has a decent spf (25 spf!) but doesn’t feel waxy. It’s definitely expensive for balm so I buy the triad or the quad holiday packages to save some $ each year.

on 9/25/2017 12:03:00 AM

I love this lip balm. Great flavors, and the tube really does last. This is my go-to balm for slicking on before bed and I literally can't fall asleep if I don't have it! I loved the old Victoria's Secret lip balm pots, but they recently changed their formulas, and so I have struggled to find a replacement. Well- now I have found it. I originally got a foil sample in my Sephor order, and I loved it so much (was able to squeeze out 3 applications) I got online and ordered it as soon as I could. My local Sephora doesn't carry it :-(
If you need a lip balm give this a try!

I have only tried the original and the Lemon with Shea- but they were both great. Need more tubes so I can stash them in all my bags!

on 6/29/2017 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I give this a 4.5, took off half a lippie because it sometimes doesn't stay put on my lips when I initially apply, smears so I get a bare spot with no balm on it. Otherwise this stuff is pretty perfect. Moisturizes, doesn't feel sticky, long lasting, packaging is great, has SPF and the price isn't bad either! I picked this up in Black Tea (sephora website said it's Black tea and Blackberry but my tube does not say blackberry on it), love the scent of this, it's unique compared to other lip balms. I find the consistency of this similar to aquaphor (which also works well on my lips) but the SPF and nice scent gives it the edge as a lip product. Would repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff- can't beat the price. I purchased it for my husband and loved it so much, I got myself a tube as well. I use it daily to prep my lips for matte/ liquid lipsticks. Or I just fill my lips in with liner and throw this on top. It's not greasy, it stays put on your lips and makes them so soft. Love the squeeze tube. Not a fan of dipping my fingers in a pot of lip balm.

I never normally write reviews but felt compelled to write about this dream! I have been on the search for a good lip balm for years. I have chronically dry and painful lips. Have tried cheaper brands like vaseline, carmex burts bees, to high end dior and ormovizcia, all much of the same - don't really change the state of my lips at all.

This is the only one I have really noticed a difference with. When I rub my lips together (even after it has worn off) they feel so smooth and soft, and they look so healthy and plump.

Am so happy with this, also the shea butter scent is amazing, smells just like vanilla but not sickly. Don't waste your money on high end lip balms like me, this is where to go if you want to actually see lasting results. This is my new holy grail from now on.

Popular Lip Treatments