Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer

3.3

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Juice, Hibiscus Sp. (Hibiscus) Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Beta Carotene (Pro Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol), Dl-panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Oil, Citrus Cinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil, Citrus Deliciosa (Mandarin) Essential Oil, Citrus Limonium (Lemon) Essential Oil, Citrus Arauntifolia (Lime) Essential Oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Essential Oil, Litsea Cubeba (Litsea) Essential Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Essential Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Essential Oil, Citric Acid

on 8/27/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of the few moisturizers I use on my skin. This one in particular, I use in the morning in my skincare routine.

The texture is light and creamy, it also soaks in well without leaving any sort of residue like some do. Also, the scent is light so it's not bothersome or too fragrancy.

Sometimes I have an issue with breaking out due to the chemicals in some products (for example fragrance tends to irritate my skin) which this company actually leaves this out of their products.

on 5/6/2015 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really did not enjoy this moisturizer! I hate that it keeps separating. You have to shake it more than vigorously to mix it up and even then some oil still squirts out. I also could not stand the smell. My skin is not sensitive to fragrance but Im referring to my own personal preference of my nose! It smells like sweet lemon cheesecake and it lingers. It made me nauseas. It did hydrate my skin nicely during the day, but was too light for night time use as my skin is quite dry. I think combo skin girls might like this if you can get over the unpleasant smell. I waited 6 weeks for this to be shipped to me and Im so disappointed. Will not be repurchasing. I will stick to my fragrance free DDML+

on 2/11/2015 10:21:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have combination skin with oily T zone. I have used this moisturizer for a little over two months. I found it to be a good basic moisturizer. During application, it gets absorbed pretty quick, but it does leave a layer of oil on my face. For this reason, I only use it at night. My face does feel pretty hydrated in the morning.

One minor issue I have is how much the product separates. The oil separates from the lotion every day. I have to give a really good shake to make sure it is mixed well, otherwise I get only oil coming out of the tube (travel size) when I squeeze it.

This moisturizer is light, not greasy but very moisturizing. It smells wonderful and really firms up my skin. My husband told me that he wanted to use it because he didn't want me to be the only one looking good. How can a girl resist that?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this moisturizer because of the overall good reviews on the Internet, but for me it's not moisturizing enough, I don't like the texture, and it made my skin tingle a bit.

I bought this moisturizer in hopes of finding a something with less toxic ingredients but still providing the moisture my incredibly dry skin needs, especially in the winter time. This was not it. I did not like the texture - very thick, slightly greasy when applied, and like I said before my skin tingled a little (not a lot just a slight bit) and my skin just did not feel refreshed and hydrated. Also do not like the smell, a very sugary/fake lemon citrus scent.

I'm going back to my Kiehl's Ulta Facial Cream Intense Hydration.

on 1/31/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE:
I read the comment above - Michael Todd actually have this moisturizer in their sensitive skin regimen - just go check:
I think that is how both I and other people with sensitive skin got it. Michael Todd does NOT have any cream for sensitive skin.

BTW: if you are one of the people that think that organic or natural = safe for the skin, you're wrong. There are plenty of organic and natural things that can be bad for you, for example: poison ivy. I have tried many products that are organic and natural and caused skin hell. You need to try the product out yourself to know if it's good for you or not - that it's organic doesn't automatically mean it will be good for you. I don't know about the amount needed, but some of the essential oils in this moisturizer are photosensitizing (makes you more sensitive to the sun). Some of these are lemon, lime, bergamot, tangering - in short: MANY of the oils on the ingredient list. With these ingredients, this moisturizer should've had sunscreen.

BTW2: Michael Todd doesn't allow reviews under 4 stars on his site, and even many 4 stars reviews are deleted because they want to have a FAKE good score for their products. Not All their products are bad, but I think that is really cowardly done of them. Amongst the products from them that I actually like are: the Blue-Green Algae Toner, the Hydration Boost Serum, Antioxidant C Serum, the Charcoal scrub is OK. Their eye cream isn't much effective for me at all. Their Cranberry Antioxidant toner isn't bad. The mango mask doesn't fit my skin. The Silk and Pearl mask does nada for me. Their Walnutt Body Scrub is pretty good, minus it shouldn't be in a tube - it's very thick and hard to get out.
END OF UPDATE
I have dry, sensitive skin. I don't like this moisturizer much - it smells a lot. It's because if the essential oils in this. That might already be a no-no if you have sensitive skin.

This moisturizer doesn't seem to sink in well (leaves my skin weird and oily/slippery) and it doesn't moisturize much. I don't think my sensitive skin likes it - it feels like its sweating under the cream. This might be OK for people with non-senstive skin, but definitely not for me. My skin became more blotchy over time. I used this for about 1.5 months. In general, many Michael Todd Products have been a bit of a disappointment for me...

I have been using this product for one week. And while I do feel it is a decent moisturizer I almost can't not stand to use it because it has such a strong smell. If you are sensitive to smells I would not bother to try this. I expected the scent to be light since michael todd products claim to be natural and organic.

I have extremely dry sensitive skin. And i almost feel this is not moisturizing enough. Like it doesn't deeply penetrate the skin and just kinda sits at the surface. And at times my skin can feel a tad bit itchy after using this and I'm wondering if that is due to the strong smell. I will continue to use this product until I run out unless I have bad reaction to it since it has only been one week.

on 3/6/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this product after reading all of the rave reviews.
The product smells so yummy, like lemon pie. It moisturizes wonderfully, but I don't know if it has been doing much for my smile lines.
My only setback is the packaging. I don't know if it is a defect but my pump didn't come with a straw in the bottle so I have to store it upside down in order for the product to settle at the top.
Overall I would repurchase.

UPDATE
This broke me out with horrible cystic acne all over my face and on my neck after two months of consistent use. I finished the bottle by using it as body lotion. It was too expensive to toss.

on 2/7/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have only been using this for a week but I love it so far! I've been having some pretty bad luck with moisturizers lately: Origin's Mega-Mushroom moisturizer broke me out in a rash and then Kate Sommerville's Goat Milk moisturizer broke me out in cystic acne. Yup. Terrible month for my skin. Anyhow, this cream has been moisturizing enough for my drier winter skin and, quite importantly, it hasn't broken me out, in fact, it seems to have helped my skin recover. I wake up in the morning with moisturized, glowing skin. Of course, the rest of my routine contributes, but this moisturizer is an essential part of it. Give it a shot! It's not incredibly cheap but it definitely is affordable and you don't need much since a little goes a fairly long way.
Once I've used this for longer, I'll update this review. :)

on 1/22/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this product. All that I need is one pump and my face is covered with this product. I have eczema (so my skin is both dry and sensitive) and I decided to buy this product based on the official website. This is specifically for sensitive skin, so I do not know if this will work on those who have acne or oily skin. Either way, this product is extremely moisturizing and I can feel it working seconds later. I will be buying this product again when I run out!