Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer

Michael Todd True Organics Citrus Cream Moisturizer

3.6

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera) Juice, Hibiscus Sp. (Hibiscus) Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Palm Stearic Acid, Vegetable Glycerin, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, Niacinamide (Vitamin B3), Beta Carotene (Pro Vitamin A), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Extract, Hyaluronic Acid, DMAE (Dimethylaminoethanol), Dl-panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Xanthan Gum (Polysaccharide Gum), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Oil, Citrus Cinensis (Sweet Orange) Essential Oil, Citrus Deliciosa (Mandarin) Essential Oil, Citrus Limonium (Lemon) Essential Oil, Citrus Arauntifolia (Lime) Essential Oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Essential Oil, Litsea Cubeba (Litsea) Essential Oil, Citrus Aurantium (Neroli) Essential Oil, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Essential Oil, Citric Acid

on 1/22/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this product. All that I need is one pump and my face is covered with this product. I have eczema (so my skin is both dry and sensitive) and I decided to buy this product based on the official website. This is specifically for sensitive skin, so I do not know if this will work on those who have acne or oily skin. Either way, this product is extremely moisturizing and I can feel it working seconds later. I will be buying this product again when I run out!

on 2/7/2013 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have only been using this for a week but I love it so far! I've been having some pretty bad luck with moisturizers lately: Origin's Mega-Mushroom moisturizer broke me out in a rash and then Kate Sommerville's Goat Milk moisturizer broke me out in cystic acne. Yup. Terrible month for my skin. Anyhow, this cream has been moisturizing enough for my drier winter skin and, quite importantly, it hasn't broken me out, in fact, it seems to have helped my skin recover. I wake up in the morning with moisturized, glowing skin. Of course, the rest of my routine contributes, but this moisturizer is an essential part of it. Give it a shot! It's not incredibly cheap but it definitely is affordable and you don't need much since a little goes a fairly long way.
Once I've used this for longer, I'll update this review. :)

on 3/6/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Purchased this product after reading all of the rave reviews.
The product smells so yummy, like lemon pie. It moisturizes wonderfully, but I don't know if it has been doing much for my smile lines.
My only setback is the packaging. I don't know if it is a defect but my pump didn't come with a straw in the bottle so I have to store it upside down in order for the product to settle at the top.
Overall I would repurchase.

UPDATE
This broke me out with horrible cystic acne all over my face and on my neck after two months of consistent use. I finished the bottle by using it as body lotion. It was too expensive to toss.

on 5/22/2013 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This moisturiser smells nice. It also feels nice to apply. Stays a bit oily on the skin for a while...I prefer my moisturisers to soak into my skin as soon as I've applied them. I can't wear this during the day as there is no SPF, so I only use it at night. I haven't noticed any changes in my skin..my skin is no worse or better. I've used much better moisturisers and I would not buy this product again for a number of reasons...1. I live in Australia so I've got to order from America 2. I don't like how it stays a bit oily on the skin after applicaton 3. No SPF which in my opinion is the number 1 anti-aging product (I'm for prevention, not treatment).
I expected more from this raved about product. I give it a C.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is the only Michael Todd product that I'd encourage people to purchase in the midst of all these fake positive reviews out there, the heavily sponsored blog posts/videos, etc.

This moisturizer is very lightweight, and smells pretty nice too. I've noticed an improvement in my skin's texture. It -slightly- broke me out in my first days of usage, but I guess my skin adjusted because after a few weeks of usage it looks nice and healthy! I apply at night, and sometimes I mix it in with my BB cream in the morning if I want super super light coverage and more moisture.

The one MAJOR negative I have about this product, but didn't take an overall lippie off for, is the packaging. The packaging is SO CHEAP that it's almost funny, considering Michael Todd prices are a bit up there. It's this thin, light plastic that makes the container almost feel empty, and is already cracking in the lid. The pump occasionally will get stuck... the cheap packaging is just unacceptable despite the awesome product inside.

on 8/17/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love this moisturizer. I have dry skin, and it has transformed the texture of my skin. It smells yummy, goes on smoothly, and my skin slurps it right up.

I echo the comments about the packaging. Utter crap. The pump on this died on me on day three of using this moisturizer, but the company sent out a new bottle right away. Probably because they'd heard about this problem from many others already. I'm happy because they did right by me and my skin loves this product. I have repurchased twice so far, and will continue to do so for as long as my skin keeps slurping it up.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i just got a sample if this moisturizer. i do like it but it seems heavy. i would buy the full size of this but i would only use it at night time in winter. i also think it is really expensive for the size.

I have been using this product for one week. And while I do feel it is a decent moisturizer I almost can't not stand to use it because it has such a strong smell. If you are sensitive to smells I would not bother to try this. I expected the scent to be light since michael todd products claim to be natural and organic.

I have extremely dry sensitive skin. And i almost feel this is not moisturizing enough. Like it doesn't deeply penetrate the skin and just kinda sits at the surface. And at times my skin can feel a tad bit itchy after using this and I'm wondering if that is due to the strong smell. I will continue to use this product until I run out unless I have bad reaction to it since it has only been one week.

on 1/31/2014 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

UPDATE:
I read the comment above - Michael Todd actually have this moisturizer in their sensitive skin regimen - just go check:
I think that is how both I and other people with sensitive skin got it. Michael Todd does NOT have any cream for sensitive skin.

BTW: if you are one of the people that think that organic or natural = safe for the skin, you're wrong. There are plenty of organic and natural things that can be bad for you, for example: poison ivy. I have tried many products that are organic and natural and caused skin hell. You need to try the product out yourself to know if it's good for you or not - that it's organic doesn't automatically mean it will be good for you. I don't know about the amount needed, but some of the essential oils in this moisturizer are photosensitizing (makes you more sensitive to the sun). Some of these are lemon, lime, bergamot, tangering - in short: MANY of the oils on the ingredient list. With these ingredients, this moisturizer should've had sunscreen.

BTW2: Michael Todd doesn't allow reviews under 4 stars on his site, and even many 4 stars reviews are deleted because they want to have a FAKE good score for their products. Not All their products are bad, but I think that is really cowardly done of them. Amongst the products from them that I actually like are: the Blue-Green Algae Toner, the Hydration Boost Serum, Antioxidant C Serum, the Charcoal scrub is OK. Their eye cream isn't much effective for me at all. Their Cranberry Antioxidant toner isn't bad. The mango mask doesn't fit my skin. The Silk and Pearl mask does nada for me. Their Walnutt Body Scrub is pretty good, minus it shouldn't be in a tube - it's very thick and hard to get out.
END OF UPDATE
I have dry, sensitive skin. I don't like this moisturizer much - it smells a lot. It's because if the essential oils in this. That might already be a no-no if you have sensitive skin.

This moisturizer doesn't seem to sink in well (leaves my skin weird and oily/slippery) and it doesn't moisturize much. I don't think my sensitive skin likes it - it feels like its sweating under the cream. This might be OK for people with non-senstive skin, but definitely not for me. My skin became more blotchy over time. I used this for about 1.5 months. In general, many Michael Todd Products have been a bit of a disappointment for me...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I had high hopes for this moisturizer because of the overall good reviews on the Internet, but for me it's not moisturizing enough, I don't like the texture, and it made my skin tingle a bit.

I bought this moisturizer in hopes of finding a something with less toxic ingredients but still providing the moisture my incredibly dry skin needs, especially in the winter time. This was not it. I did not like the texture - very thick, slightly greasy when applied, and like I said before my skin tingled a little (not a lot just a slight bit) and my skin just did not feel refreshed and hydrated. Also do not like the smell, a very sugary/fake lemon citrus scent.

I'm going back to my Kiehl's Ulta Facial Cream Intense Hydration.