Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil

4.4

I actually like this formula. It's very sheer and I did not find it too glittery/sparkly. It offers a subtle shimmer that highlights faintly. It feels very light. I wouldn't use it for coverage but it sets nicely. I've only used on my cheekbones, nose, upper lip and chin. Haven't used all over face. I will definitely re-purchase.

on 4/13/2017 12:12:00 PM

I actually used this for several years until about 2 years ago when I ran out and didn't rebuy.
I used it as setting powder actually, because at the time, it gave slightly shimmery look, if lightly applied, and it was great, especially under eyes.
I just rebought it and something have changed. I think they added more shimmer because when I tried to use it on my face, it was PURE FROST. It really looked like frosty eyeshadows. I was totally taken aback because it was NOTHING like that before-slight shimmer is all you got. Now, its disco city.
I had to take off my makeup and start again. The only way I was able to use it is on cheekbones as a highlighter and you really have to use VERY light hand.
I am not happy.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this to set my highlight!! It doesn't look like a disco ball on me which helps a ton haha. It keeps my undereye highlight from creasing and doesn't transfer when I hug people. Two thumbs up :)

on 6/20/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have normal skin that gets very oily in humidity/heat, but I like a dewy look, so I needed a powder that would make me look dewy but not greasy. This powder does just that. It's SO finely ground that it doesnt look like youre wearing powder, and the pearl quality give you a candle-lit look. It's not sparkly or glittery, but very illuminating. Keeps shine at bay and gives you a natural glow. Love this powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Originally, I bought this with the intention of setting my undereyes with it but it's waaay too sparkly for that. Plus, it tends to actually accentuate my dark circles more. Maybe it's poor technique on my part, though. I dunno. My Laura Mercier loose setting powder does the job just fine, though.

However, I did find another purpose for this powder: when lightly dusted on the cheekbones and around it, it gives a beautiful fairy-like glow to the skin. The glitter particles don't look gaudy when they're focused in that area of the face only. It also results in your highlight really popping when placed over it.

As a face powder, this is a big no-no. As an under-highlight highlighting powder, it's alright.

I've been using Bare Minerals makeup since 2006. I use other foundations in my theatre productions and they always tend to break me out, but I've NEVER had an issue with Bare Minerals foundation, and the mineral veil gives my skin a beautiful finish. I highly recommend this product! :)

I really like this stuff. This was actually my first BE purchase. I really like a slightly dewy look and I was looking for a good finishing powder to my foundation and this is just that. It gives you a nice glow, but does not make you look like a disco ball. I love it! It really helps keep my liquid foundation in place as well.
The only thing I don't like is the price tag. It doesn't seem like it lasts long either, but I will re-purchase.

on 4/16/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I buy this before I run out of the last jar. It leaves your skin looking brighter and finished. My skin never looks as nice without Illuminating Mineral Veil. You won't be disappointed.

on 12/4/2013 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this mineral veil, gives an almost dewy glow, it's slightly shimmery and wonderful to use as an all over setting powder (sparingly) and as a highlight. Keeps my foundation in place, finishes off my look and refines the look of my skin. A must have! If you don't want a slight shimmer, then go for the original.

PS
The price tag is fairly high (negative, hence 4 stars), however, you need a tiny, tiny amount... It lasts for a fairly long time.

on 1/3/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this over the Bareminerals BareSkin liquid foundation and it gives my skin a nice dewy look. I really like the way it feels on my skin and a little goes a long way. Highly recommend!