Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil

Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil

4.8

on 6/20/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have normal skin that gets very oily in humidity/heat, but I like a dewy look, so I needed a powder that would make me look dewy but not greasy. This powder does just that. It's SO finely ground that it doesnt look like youre wearing powder, and the pearl quality give you a candle-lit look. It's not sparkly or glittery, but very illuminating. Keeps shine at bay and gives you a natural glow. Love this powder.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this to set my highlight!! It doesn't look like a disco ball on me which helps a ton haha. It keeps my undereye highlight from creasing and doesn't transfer when I hug people. Two thumbs up :)

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

I've been using Bare Minerals makeup since 2006. I use other foundations in my theatre productions and they always tend to break me out, but I've NEVER had an issue with Bare Minerals foundation, and the mineral veil gives my skin a beautiful finish. I highly recommend this product! :)

on 1/3/2015 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use this over the Bareminerals BareSkin liquid foundation and it gives my skin a nice dewy look. I really like the way it feels on my skin and a little goes a long way. Highly recommend!

on 4/16/2014 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I buy this before I run out of the last jar. It leaves your skin looking brighter and finished. My skin never looks as nice without Illuminating Mineral Veil. You won't be disappointed.

on 12/4/2013 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Love this mineral veil, gives an almost dewy glow, it's slightly shimmery and wonderful to use as an all over setting powder (sparingly) and as a highlight. Keeps my foundation in place, finishes off my look and refines the look of my skin. A must have! If you don't want a slight shimmer, then go for the original.

PS
The price tag is fairly high (negative, hence 4 stars), however, you need a tiny, tiny amount... It lasts for a fairly long time.

I really like this stuff. This was actually my first BE purchase. I really like a slightly dewy look and I was looking for a good finishing powder to my foundation and this is just that. It gives you a nice glow, but does not make you look like a disco ball. I love it! It really helps keep my liquid foundation in place as well.
The only thing I don't like is the price tag. It doesn't seem like it lasts long either, but I will re-purchase.

on 1/21/2013 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I have been a BE user for years. I have had the regular Mineral Veil and used it just because it was the final step in my make up routine. But I never felt like it was anything very special. So I stopped using Mineral Veil for several years and then on a whim the other day at Ulta, I picked up a jar of THIS STUFF. Let me tell you, it is awesome. Way better than the plain MV, no giant glitter, moisturizer or color here, just pure magic! It makes me glow, not a "just worked out and sweating like a pig" type of glow, but a "healthy from within" glow!! I apply it like regular Mineral Veil, after applying my moisturizer, primer and BE foundation. It also works great as a highlighter on my browbone. Illuminating is right! I use it with the Echo Tools Bamboo Finishing Kabuki brush which deposits just the right amount of product on my face. Great product, might just repurchase so I never have to be without it.