Wet 'n' Wild silk finish lipstick mink brown 506b

4.6

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! I was looking for a colour that was the epitome of a "90's brown" and had trouble finding that with the major drugstore name brands until I saw a Wet n Wild display at Walmart. This colour is perfect!! It's a beautiful red-brown with sort of a brick colour to it. It goes on very well, and even better with some lip balm underneath (I used Burts Bees before applying it and it went on beautifully). It stays on for a good amount of time before needing to reapply. Like the other reviews say, the packaging isn't the greatest. The cap is an awkward design and you can tell that if you drop it the lid will shatter, but hey - for 2 dollars and only one downfall to the product that's not bad at all! I usually buy a couple when I get the chance since they are so affordable and this shade is usually sold out - and I can see why! Great product!

I have auburn hair, yellow-toned skin, and coppery brown eyes, so when warm brown lipsticks came out in the '90s I was thrilled! There was one from Jane called Nuts About You that I wore religiously (remember Jane?)... and of course, Mink Brown!

Since the trend passed, most manufacturers stopped offering shades like that. Good ol' Wet 'n' Wild kept Mink Brown hanging around. And guess what... per fashion reports, brown lips are in for Winter/Spring 2017!

Mink Brown is a 99-cent miracle: an orangey, brick-y, deep sienna shade that has excellent coverage and feels smooth. It smells like soapy lilac perfume, but I kinda dig that cheap-lipstick smell. The case sucks and will shatter in a heartbeat, so handle with care. At age 45, I can no longer wear this shade full-strength, so instead I press it lightly onto my lips and then blend with my fingertip. That way I get a lovely reddish-milk-chocolate stain.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I love the 90s revival. Those were my teen years, and the brown/neutral trend was most flattering for my natural coloring (half-Asian, half-caucasian, light brown/hazel eyes, light-med/olive skin that tans easily, darkest brown hair that gleams copper/mahogany in sunlight). Only now, my eyebrows aren't plucked to death and my makeup application skills have been refined over the past 2 decades!

I picked this shade up on a whim at my local grocery store (HEB) b/c they were offering $.50 off coupons, meaning this lipstick was only $.43, and it looked like a promising brick-red-brown in the tube. The packaging is garbage, and the color number for Mink Brown reads 534B, but I get full coverage from one coat and it's more creamy and emollient than lipsticks I own that cost 10x-20x as much. It fades, sure, but so do all lipsticks, and I enjoy the experience of applying/re-applying.

This d/s gem surprised me so much that I went back, grabbed more coupons, and picked up another backup of Mink Brown, as well as Black Orchid and Cashmere.

Hey, if you're gonna have a lipstick addiction, make sure it's wallet-friendly!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favorite lipstick EVER! It's the PERFECT warm brown/red shade that is the splitting image of lipstick from the 1990s! I'm just in love with this! I bought 3 of the new and improved kind, and they're marvelous! They last a good couple of hours and don't need lip balm because they're moisturizing yet have a satin finish :) extremely pigmented! Just try this baby out!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I am going to run out and go purchase every single tube of this that I can find. I love this color that much.

I had purchased MAC's Photo, but found that it was too light of a brown on my lips and made me look ill. I compared this with the MAC color at a drugstore and was surprised by how rich and lush this color looks on me in comparison to Photo. On my skin, this has a definite reddish undertone to it. It's that red undertone that allows me to carry off this color so well. I'm not sure what most drugstore browns (and even some of the high end browns as well) have in them that makes them so intolerable on my skin, but this is one of the rare few browns that looks really, really good on me. This lipstick is highly pigmented, long lasting, and not too drying if you wear it underneath a good lipbalm (i use Kiehls).

I tend to use this when I'm going for a really grungy vibe that has a moody edge to it. I'll put my hair up in milkmaid twists, add really strange earrings and do a VERY light grey smoky eye and get compliments for days.

At $0.99, you really cannot beat the price. As with all Wet n Wild products, the packaging is terrible. Really thin plastic cap and be careful not to drop this, the cap WILL crack or shatter. I don't know why I never tried this color before. But now that i've found it-true love. You'll have to pry this baby out of my cold, dead hands.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Perfect dupe of MAC's Photo, but only $.99! Can't beat that! If you can get past the cheap packaging this lipstick is for you!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome, excellent quality lipstick at a really affordable price. On my pigmented lips, the color shows up as a really dark brown with kind of a slight orangey/red undertone, and I really find the color perfect for fall. Definitely no burgundy undertones in this one. It glides on so smoothly to the lips, and I just apply it straight from the tube! :) it lasts for a good amount of time too. This is such a hidden drugstore gem! I really love brown lip colors so this and Wet n Wild's Sandstorm and Bare it All (both from the Mega Last Matte line) are my absolute favorites! Do try it out! After all, if you don't like it, you would've only spent a dollar ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I cannot believe I never saw this in the displays for WnW since I cruise their display on a very regular basis & own half of everything in it there esp the neutral & brown colors. Anyways long story short, I was looking for WnW Java & came across this gem. I wasn't sure at 1st if it would have burgundy tones to this, but luckily it doesn't. It's a beautiful satin finish dark brown, exactly the perfect brown really, if you liked the WnW Java lippie chances are you will love this! I paired this with brown eyeshadow, black eyeliner bottom lashes, black mascara, WnW taupe eyebrows pencil for an effortless chic look, very glam! Wear your hair up to show off your beautiful brown lips & wear huge silver hoops, that's what I did. This is a dark brown, absolutely no burgundy (the burgundy ruins it for me, it's a deal breaker coz it looks too goth), I agree concur not shiny but not matte. Very unusual, this is what I expected Clinique Chocolate Ice to show on me like (Choc lce is lighter!). I collect brown and neutral lippies so this is a nice addition to my collection, plus RiteAid had BOGO 50% on WnW so this ended up being like 50 cents!! I love it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe how great this lipstick is. My mother had bought it for herself, but she never used it. So I decided to try it out one day and I was astonished by it's power. It is so pigmented and it smells great. It's not too shiny or too matte. It's just right if you ask me. The packaging isn't so pretty, but hey it's not like anyone is going to see that, right? Great quality for a low price.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Color is great and is awesome for fall/winter. Smells sweet to me and doesn't dry out my lips.

Popular Lipsticks