Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Breezy Blue

No Image

2.2

on 6/4/2014 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because I liked the color in the bottle. Applies unevenly and thinly. Pools when you aren't looking and dries slowly. At least 3 coats needed for decent color payoff, and even then looks whiter than in bottle. Also the polish wreaks of chemicals, very unpleasant application. Disappointed and irritated with such a poor quality product.

on 6/3/2014 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was looking for a pretty baby blue to put on my nails that was also vegan. I found a listing of vegan nail polishes online and saw that Sally Hansen was one of them. When I got to the drug store this nail polish jumped out at me. As soon as I saw the price I was sold. I got home and applied this one only to find that the color was really sheer and streaky. I figured it needed a few more coats so I applied a second... and a third... and a fourth. It took four coats to get the blue color that I saw in the bottle. Prior to the fourth coat, it was just a shimmery color. Not at all what I had hoped. I wasn't crazy about the formula either-- it wasn't smooth, a little awkward looking at the nailbeds, and took forever to dry. Super annoying. I'm hoping that it's just this color that is a problem from this line because I am willing to support any brand that is vegan and has a reasonable cost. As for this color? I'll probably end up returning it.

on 5/30/2013 10:27:00 PM

I'm not a huge fan of this polish. It is very difficult to work with, though not impossible. I saw it at CVS and bought it because I had seen good reviews for other Sally Hansen Xtreme Color polishes. The color is a very pretty, pearly, shimmery light blue. It is very sheer and takes about four coats by itself, two-three coats if you layer it over and white or gray polish, which looks very pretty. What makes the multiple coats annoying is that each coat takes forever to dry. Even after it has dried, with topcoat, it is easy to dent for a few hours. I applied it before going to my family's Easter gathering, because it seemed like a good "Easter" color, but messed it up running out the door. This polish requires a level of patience that I do not have. The brush is awkward, and polish tends to gather on but its not too gluppy to use, compared to other SH polishes, because the polish is thin and runs off quickly. I'm thinking of giving this polish away.
(It gets a second lippy for the color)

on 3/26/2013 5:18:00 PM

The colour is really pretty!! unfortunately it is quite clear so you have to put on a few coats which is kind of weird for a blue colour.
pros:
really pretty colour
applies nicely and evenly

cons:
too clear

I honestly love Sally Hansen's collection of Xreme Wear nail polishes because of their huge variety of colors and their quality is not bad for 3$. I never have any problems with these nail polishes. This color looked very pretty from the bottle but when you paint your nails, it comes out very sheer meaning you have to layer a lot on. Another thing is, if you layer too much, it will begin to bubble. Aside from that, I don't think this is the worst polish Sally Hansen has produced. The end result is pretty okay but not the best.