Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Duo 2-in-1 Glossy Liquid Liner - Violet Luster

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

3.0

on 7/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I intitally loved this product. I like the way you can rotate the tip to make a slim or thick line. It made it easy to achieve a winged look...which i struggle with from time to time. However, once applied my eyelids stuck like crazy! Each time I blink my lids get stuck to the product. I have very small eyes and I only apply one layer. Maybe its the "glossy" effect that is causing this but after wearing this a couple of times I tossed it. Some one with larger set eyes may not have the same issues that I did.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this better than any of the expensives eyeliners at the cosmetics counter at the mall. It is waterproof, smudge proof, lasts all day, and washes off easily with just warm water. I like a retro cat eye look and this is perfect for creating it everyday! I have it in brown, black, green, and blue. All beautiful!

on 1/20/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the concept of this, but the color is not what you think it will be. The first few times I tested and swatched it, it was extremely watery and clear. It definitely is light violet, and while it's not sparkly, it's definitely shiny. I was expecting something that was a deeper purple, but whatever. HOW TO APPLY: Sweep one layer to draw out the shape. When it is COMPLETELY dry, draw another layer on. Don't apply too much or the shine will look ridiculous. This liquid liner is waaay too high maintenance for someone like me who is always running late. I'll use this, but I don't think the formula compares to Stiletto eyeliner. The beautiful color and cool, easy-to-use applicator make this product worth around a 3.