Maybelline New York Eye Studio Master Duo 2-in-1 Glossy Liquid Liner - Violet Luster

No Image

1.6

on 1/19/2013 3:01:00 AM

Let me start off by saying that I am a sucker for liquid eyeliners. I am also a sucker for brightly coloured eyeliners, whether liquid or pencil. I bought two of these - one in violet and the other in teal. I haven't tried the teal yet, but the violet is a WASTE! It is like using a watercolour on your eyelid - no pigment and all water. Don't bother.

on 1/20/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the concept of this, but the color is not what you think it will be. The first few times I tested and swatched it, it was extremely watery and clear. It definitely is light violet, and while it's not sparkly, it's definitely shiny. I was expecting something that was a deeper purple, but whatever. HOW TO APPLY: Sweep one layer to draw out the shape. When it is COMPLETELY dry, draw another layer on. Don't apply too much or the shine will look ridiculous. This liquid liner is waaay too high maintenance for someone like me who is always running late. I'll use this, but I don't think the formula compares to Stiletto eyeliner. The beautiful color and cool, easy-to-use applicator make this product worth around a 3.

on 1/27/2013 10:41:00 AM

I was very disappointed with this product.I got the violet color and was excited to try it. The package has a picture of this dark violet pigment perfectly lined on the models eye. That is very far from what this product actually does. The liner is very watery. There is a total lack of pigment. Even when I shake it very well the liner is still extremely watery. Once the product dries I retrace it and it does look better, but it is weird and shiny if you use too much. The first time I used this I kept retracing it before the first coat was dry and it made my eyelids sticky! Once I learned to shake the hell out of it, apply a coat, let it dry, then apply another coat, it actually looks OK. That is the only reason it got a 2 star and not a 1 star. There is definitely no ease of use with this product. I usually use purple and pink eye shadows so I will use this, so it is not wasted. I won't be buying it again.

on 2/4/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Do not be fooled by the picture on the product! In reality, it looks just like another reviewer said... it's a light lavendar water color. This is EXTREMELY watery to the point that I had to grab a Q-tip to keep it from running into my eyelashes and becoming glued together.

I'm also perpetually late, so this liner was very inconvenient b/c you have to line and re-line. I always wing out my liner and the wing didn't stay put because as this liner dried, it feels as though it had shrink-wrapped on my skin. Now it feels as though I have tape on my eyelid! I don't like to feel my eye makeup. So in summary, the color & consistency are awful.

The only good thing about this product was the wand. If the formula was decent, it would have made drawing the line effortless. I would not purchase this product again and in fact I plan to return it. I'd feel like a jerk giving it to someone else to try!

on 2/28/2013 1:29:00 PM

If only Id checked MUA reviews before buying this worthless eyeliner. Its extremely watery and transparent, and totally not worth $8. It looked like such a promising eye liner, and not at all what I expect from Maybelline quality.

This is the absolute worst product I have tried in years. I tried various colors, all are awful. It is my new religion to prevent others from making my mistake and trying this. Just say no to crappy eyeliner!

It was watery and see-through. It stung my eyes, and when I tried to remove it, it was like removing lash glue, where you can almost pull it off in strips, but it does not dissolve well in makeup remover. Then I kept finding beads of it in my lashes, despite trying to remove it all. Seriously, save yourself the pain, and step away from this liner.

on 3/30/2013 11:28:00 AM

I got this in the black color it is pretty runny and wet feeling when you put it on. It stays on and dosent budge though! To me both sides of the applicator had the same size line when applied. I still use it but not quite what I was hoping for.

on 5/17/2013 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

WORST PRODUCT EVER! I bought this in "teal". Turned out a watery, GREY, eye-stinging disaster. They didn't even get the 90 degree thick to thin applicator right. Went directly in the trash since I couldn't return.

I agree with most of the other reviewers. There was a sale at my local drugstore for buy one, get one half-off so I picked up the Violet Luster and the green color. The violet was very sheer, when what I wanted, and what the package advertised, was a deep bold purple. The consistency of the green was better. It's at least opaque and bright. However this product is runny when wet, then when it dries, turns into a very strange latex consistency. I got some in the base of my eyelashes and it was impossible to put mascara on afterwards. However, if you're looking for staying power, this is the answer to all your problems! My Almay eye makeup remover pads were completely unable to dissolve this stuff. I had to pick it out of my eyelashes, which was painful and took a few lashes with it. I put some on my wrist to test it again and it required a good deal of scrubbing, which is not something I want to do to my eyelids! I will not be using this product again and I do not recommend it for anyone.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Just like the other peeps, I got it cuz it was on sale, I usually stick with Loreal when shopping for drug store makeup but hey, buy one get one half off how can you go wrong? Well this eyeliner is how you can go wrong, what a piece of crap, I won't even finish this one, it doesn't go on smooth or bold, its practically transparent. Honestly, the 2 dollar NYC liquid eyeliner is better