Maybelline Eye Studio Master Duo 2-in-1 Glossy Liquid Liner - Violet Luster

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

1.9

This is so bad. I did not read the packaging which was my fault but I bought it intendin for something matte. It is so shiny u can't even look at my eyelid with out being blinded. I sat in the car trying to figure out what the heck this "duo tip" was I thought it would be special but it was not one side of the pen is thick the other isn't so I was actually disappointed because I was expecting something cool. It flakes off after about hmmm 3.4 milliseconds this eyeliner disgusts me although it is very easy to apply so if you are a beginner and want to practice you could purchase this to figure out how to make a nice wing just don't expect to wear it out of the house because it's gross eyeliner but u can't at least get the form of a wing. Three words. Shiny. Flaky. Mortifying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This may be the worst makeup product I've ever used. When I first opened it, I realized how watery it was so I shook it up and no dice. Still a watery mess. I figured I bought a defective/old bottle but after reading everyone else's reviews, it seems like it is how the formula is. It's transparent on your lash line, and very, very sticky. I kept trying to layer it but it didn't build, it just got stickier. Trying to take it off was a pain, and I lost a few lashes in the process. It went right in the trash.

on 7/22/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I intitally loved this product. I like the way you can rotate the tip to make a slim or thick line. It made it easy to achieve a winged look...which i struggle with from time to time. However, once applied my eyelids stuck like crazy! Each time I blink my lids get stuck to the product. I have very small eyes and I only apply one layer. Maybe its the "glossy" effect that is causing this but after wearing this a couple of times I tossed it. Some one with larger set eyes may not have the same issues that I did.

I created an account just to give this product a review. Teal is one of my favorite colors for liquid eyeliner. And this IS NOT teal! It is a translucent, light green/grayish color. I am so disappointed. If you ask me, it looks like I have glossy puke on my face. It does not go on smoothly either with the duo brush. That design is flawed. It's a nice idea, but the consistency of the product does not allow it to go on right. I honestly believe that any of these reviews claiming this product is perfect are fake. It happens all the time. Just the fact that it doesn't phase you that the product is not what it advertises on the packaging (a bright, bold teal color) is proof of that. Not worth the money.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

So upset I bought this, even if it wasn't more than $10. It was just a mess. I don't know how to describe it. It came out streaky, and beyond shiny (not in a good way). It's difficult to use as well, and I'm no amatuer. I tossed it after 1 use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this better than any of the expensives eyeliners at the cosmetics counter at the mall. It is waterproof, smudge proof, lasts all day, and washes off easily with just warm water. I like a retro cat eye look and this is perfect for creating it everyday! I have it in brown, black, green, and blue. All beautiful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow! I can't believe the reviews I'm reading... I feel like I'm looking at reviews for a different product! I bought this at a "store closing" sale at Kmart, and I'm glad I did. I also got the turquoise/teal color, which I love even more. It did seem watery when I first opened it, but the package clearly says "Shake well." So, I shook it for 15 seconds and that did the trick. I applied this over e.l.f. eyelid primer. It took about 30-45 seconds of fanning my face before the eyeliner was dry to the touch. No big deal, because once it was dry it stayed on without smudging for the entire day. I forgot to remove my makeup before bed, and when I woke up the next morning my eyeliner was still perfectly un-smudged. I love the broad tip, and if you turn it 1/4 turn, you can use the skinny side as a fine tip. I would absolutely buy this eyeliner again!

I agree with most of the other reviewers. There was a sale at my local drugstore for buy one, get one half-off so I picked up the Violet Luster and the green color. The violet was very sheer, when what I wanted, and what the package advertised, was a deep bold purple. The consistency of the green was better. It's at least opaque and bright. However this product is runny when wet, then when it dries, turns into a very strange latex consistency. I got some in the base of my eyelashes and it was impossible to put mascara on afterwards. However, if you're looking for staying power, this is the answer to all your problems! My Almay eye makeup remover pads were completely unable to dissolve this stuff. I had to pick it out of my eyelashes, which was painful and took a few lashes with it. I put some on my wrist to test it again and it required a good deal of scrubbing, which is not something I want to do to my eyelids! I will not be using this product again and I do not recommend it for anyone.

on 3/30/2013 11:28:00 AM

I got this in the black color it is pretty runny and wet feeling when you put it on. It stays on and dosent budge though! To me both sides of the applicator had the same size line when applied. I still use it but not quite what I was hoping for.

This is the absolute worst product I have tried in years. I tried various colors, all are awful. It is my new religion to prevent others from making my mistake and trying this. Just say no to crappy eyeliner!

It was watery and see-through. It stung my eyes, and when I tried to remove it, it was like removing lash glue, where you can almost pull it off in strips, but it does not dissolve well in makeup remover. Then I kept finding beads of it in my lashes, despite trying to remove it all. Seriously, save yourself the pain, and step away from this liner.