Chanel Raffinement

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chanel Raffinement

4.5

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm kind of torn with this product. The shades are nice, but I don't really find myself reaching for this. The colors are plummy browns and taupes. It could be that I'm just lazy and have not really been wearing a lot of makeup.

Moving on...the shadows themselves are quite nice. The pigmentation is good and the texture is buttery. Normally, I don't wear shadow without primer because I have oily hooded eyes. I was doing a quick run through using this quad one day, so I skipped primer. The colors creased quite quickly when I used them. So, I would say there is nothing special about the lasting power.

I used a gift card to buy this. If I had paid cash, I probably wouldn't have kept this. How great this is probably depends on your stash.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Now, I am usually very pleased with Chanel makeup. The quality is usually phenomenal and this palette is no exception. I hated the Spices quad but this beautiful quad with a mauve undertone is perfect for spring and fall. The colors are smooth and very, very pigmented.

I'm not much of a chanel e/s fan because the quality varies in each quad. But, this is one of the nicest chanel quads that i've tried. Pigmentation is good, the shades are all soft and blendable and vary from hi-mid levels of shimmer, with one satin shade. Varying finishes are important to me, nothing worse than trying to make 4 frosty shades work together. Another bonus is the mix of cool, neutral, and slight warm shades, all varying from pale, mid-toned, to dark crease shade. Top left is a slightly cool taupe mauve, top right is a neutral champagne shade, bottom left is an almost rosy golden beige (slightly warm, but mostly neutral), bottom right is a deep brown with plum undertones (neutral leaning cool).

on 1/22/2013 5:34:00 PM

Regardless of the debated "true tones" others see in this essentially neutral brown based quad, it has to be tried on to be fully appreciated. I have the darkest brown eyes and typically go for neutral shades and expected this to be a great quad since all the colors looked great together in the case but when I tried them on yesterday for the first time, I was really very impressed. This will be my every day-go-to-quad from now on. Life is too short to wear anything else at this point, and I've pretty much tried everything. I plan to buy another one this week even though it's not LE I NEVER want to be withut this. It looks THAT good on me, and I don't usually spend close to 60.00 on shadows often since it's usually not warranted.

The textures are exquisitely smooth and silky. Incredibly blendable. Sumptuous even. I found myself looking at my eye makeup many times yesterday trying to pinpoint exactly what makes these colors so gorgeous. I am still speechless in that regard but trust me, this is a superlative product. It's got something truly unique and special. I can't imagine it not working for anyone actually. Run to the nearest Chanel counter sans eye makeup and try this but be sure to check it in natural light as well. I think you'll love it too.

By way of background, I've been "collecting" high end makeup for decades and have all the most popular palettes etc. This one is in a class of its own.

Top Rated Eye Shadow