L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur

3.1

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (10%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (5%), Oxybenzone (6%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Talc, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Silica Silylate, Glycerin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Water

Experiences with this seem to be very mixed depending on user needs--but it works very well for me.

THE CONS:

1) It comes out almost solid, particularly when it's new, but you can easily soften it between your fingers.
2) I like even better deals than this from drugstore buys. The price isn't outrageous, but it could be better.

THE PROS:

1) The "blur" effect is definite, visible and immediate. I was shocked at how well it worked from the get-go.
2) Staying power is strong. I can still see the effect on my face very strongly many hours later.
3) It does not break me out--and I sometimes have problem/sensitive skin. This is apparently something each user has to assess for herself.
4) It works very well for me as a primer, perhaps because I use a powder foundation instead of liquid? I live in a very humid climate, so I don't have to worry about that looking chalky or uneven at all; someone in a drier climate will have to report on how it works with powder foundation there. (Maybe it's great, idk.)
5) It's a little early in summer to call, but this seems to work well as an everyday sunscreen.

THINGS TO KNOW:

1) As others have said, the amount the packaging tells you to use is WAY too much. I use a pea-sized amount at most, and it's usually not a very large pea!
2) I'm over 45, so my skin may now be more forgiving of the weight/moisture of the product than a younger person's might be.
3) My instincts tell me that if I were to be outside in bright sun for a large part of the day, I would go for a stronger sunscreen. This is good for work/errands/etc., though.

In short -- for me, this really works.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this in a value buy pack along with the Miracle Blur Eye Cream for around USD22
I only use a swipe based on the reviews over moisturiser/spf when I am going out but don't feel like wearing makeup.

It does mattify my t zone and gave appearance of small pores.

I do experience the stinging and the balling up when I massaged and applied too much product.

When I accompanied my mom to the SK-II counter, I tried out the Magic Ring machine and the result is my skin is that of a 24 year compared to last year's Magic Ring reading of 30 years old (did not adopt a consistent face care then).
I am using Loreal Revitalift range for the past 2 weeks: 1) Milky Foam 2) Milky Toner 3)Laser X3 Power Water 4) Laser X3 Serum 5a) Laser X3 Day Cream 5b) Laser X3 Night Mask 6) Miracle Blur Eye Cream 7)Miracle Blur Cream if going out.
Excellent products as delivers results based on the Magic Ring machine

To Read all 193 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Been using this for a year or two now (my how time flies!) and figured it was time to write a review on this. This is probably one of the better, if not the best, pore-blurring (and mattifying) product I have used, drugstore or high-end or mid-range.

It does have the silicone feel to it. I use my fingertips and 'dab' it onto my pores, and then blend it in. Does make my skin look and feel smoother. Does not seem to make my makeup last longer, but I do not use this a primer, anyway!! Does not irritate my skin nor make me break out, which my sensitive skin appreciates. As for the SPF factor that some seem to mention, for me I do not use it for that aspect, but I will say, my skin also often reacts badly to sunscreen on my face, and this does not bother my skin. But, I do not use this for the SPF aspect of it. If I want a face product with SPF I will use a specific one, like the Neutrogena one or one specifically for that purpose, not a 'combo' product with an SPF. I started with the baby/trial size/travel size one of this, and pretty much immediately went out and bought the full size. Will re-definitely purchase!!! Scent-wise, I do not detect anything that bothers my sensitive nose. A little does go a long way. For the price point especially, I like this product quite well!

Well this is an interesting product...

1. 1st of all, there is a definite sunscreen smell, stronger than my coppertone facial SS which I didn't expect.

2. Ingredients wise, this is the same as La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-Aging Primer with Sunscreen with SPF 50 except for the last 2 ingredients (non SS ingredients) which are missing from the Revitalift. LRP = $40+; L'Oreal = $20. Why is LRP spf 50 and LMB is only SPF 30? Its not due to the missing last 2 ingredients as those are not part of the SS.

3. This stuff is THICK. No waywill I use the recommended 1/4 tsp on face (for the recommended SS protection)

4. Have not yet successfully layered below or above my regular SS = balls up, but so far, haven't had time to wait more than 5 minutes between layers (and probably never will.)

5. Most definitely blurs/fills in lines and uneven pockets (for lack of a better word) in my skin.

6. As a primer, works as well as my current HG L'Oreal Magic Lumi primer. Of interest, when I mix this primer w/ my foundation = nice glowy look. The Miracle Blur takes away almost all the glowy which is good when I think I look too glowy.

7. On its own, w/ my matte foundation, I feel I look too matte, so I do #6 above.

7. No breakouts, no aggravation of rosacea.

Bottom line - I like this, but no way am I getting the SS protection I need. I am going to keep fiddeling to see if I can make it work w/ my regular SS or just use on days where I'm going to be inside most of day. Would I re-purchase? Maybe...

I quite like this (coming from a girl with not much experience with face primers).
It's colourless and has a very thick texture. It comes out of the bottle in little balls. I actually don't like the packaging, it has so much air inside. Sometimes you have to shake it to really get the product close to the nozzle, even when it's brand new.
Aside from that, it fills in my pores slightly, but nothing miraculous. It also smooths out any texture or roughness on the skin, which makes the foundation glide on so nicely. The finish it leaves is matte. As for fine lines, I have also noticed a slight improvement, but nothing major.
This also seems to control my oiliness quite nicely.

Beware! I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but this is a PRIMER! It's not a treatment. I know their advertisements don't always make it clear, but all the effects go away as soon as you wash your face.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I cannot use this under foundation. After experimenting with it I find I use the tiniest amounts after all my makeup is on in two problem areas on my face. It fills in a scar/ large pore on my nose without making it look white like primers do, and it smooths out a small area of minor acne scarring/ wrinkles on my forehead. It will probably take me a couple years to actually use the whole tube of this because I use very little each day. It does tend to "move" a bit and I touch up a bit sometimes, but putting powder over top ends up being more of a mess, for me anyway. I think I will repurchase when the time comes though there may be something even better by then! I definitely think it helps with my self esteem and is a good alternative to invasive skin treatments that I have considered.

I am so not a fan of this product. I had read good things (not on Makeup Alley) and bought a tube since I tend to like silicone based products as primer. It is so thick it barely comes out of the tube. It comes out in pieces. It is colorless so it really isn't a BB or anything but a line filler. There are so many better products. One good use is as SPF30 sunscreen and it gives you a nice matte finish while sunning. I can't wait to finish it and I will not purchase it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is very thick, but smooths on beautifully. I am 22 but have fine lines under my eyes, and this product really helps to fill them in and 'blur' them out! I use it on top of primer but under foundation, and I love the effect. I don't know how good it would be for deeper wrinkles, but it works for my fine lines. It has a chemical-sweet smell, but it doesn't irritate my skin. All up, I like this product a lot more that other ones like Benefit's Porefessional, and will repurchase!

So this morning I tried this on my 69 year old skin and wow. it is like velvet and smooths out my skin in preparation for foundation. I will be buying this as soon as I get to the USA. Everything is much more cost effective there!

Product is very difficult to get out of tube. Must be "softened" before applying. It does give a nice blurred effect. That said, it broke my fifty year old skin out like I was a teenager! Not happy at all. It's fairly expensive for a drug store product. Too bad because it does a nice job of smoothing the texture of the skin before applying foundation.