L'Oreal Hyaluronic Power Moisture Hydrating Shampoo

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This has been my favorite shampoo for years. And now, they changed it. The five lippies are for the original, clear blue bottle.

The original was the perfect balance of hydrating (water, not oil) and adequate cleansing. Like my skin, my hair needs moisture but detests anything too heavy/creamy/emollient, so I need a clear yet non-drying shampoo. My hair is fine but lots of it, mostly normal, and sometimes color-treated (I occasionally highlight or throw in a toner) and this always gave me that perfect, soft non-stripping clean that we only dream about. Never hurt my color, made my scalp oily, caused breakouts, or dried out my ends. And it smelled fresh, slightly fruity and not too sweet. Perfection.

Recently, I noticed the small print on the bottles says "lasting moisture" instead of "fresh hydration". I literally went everywhere buying up the remaining bottles that said "fresh hydration" and still have one left. The new ones? YUCK. They wrecked it. Now it is coating and doesn't rinse very well. And as if insult needed injury, it now smells like a sweet, cloying coconut-vanilla smell. Smell can be a huge deal-breaker for me if it's heavy and not fresh, and this completely stomped on the deal. Sorry, L'Oreal - as huge a fan as I am of many of their products, this one's sadly been crossed off my list forever. Not everyone wants their head to smell like a rich dessert.

I have defaulted to my second favorite, Nutri-gloss (the clear pink bottle) which I also love and it still smells as fresh (sweeter, yes, but still fresh with no hint of cloying coconut-vanilla) as it always did. I'd be very upset if they messed this one up too, and hope they don't. Long story short - L'Oreal, please don't ruin a good thing. Your lifelong fans are fans for a reason. Please don't change to be like all the other brands. And please bring back the original fresh-smelling clear blue Power Moisture shampoo! I'd buy cases of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was a pretty good shampoo. It was lightweight and didn't leave my hair feeling greasy like the L'Oreal Total Repair 5. Perfect for my normal hair. The price was great too, and I liked the smell. Made my hair shiny and soft, but not weighed down. Only problem is with most drugstore shampoos, I tend to use a lot of it because it is rather watery as compared to some of my high end shampoos that are much more concentrated.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

surprisingly good shampoo.my scalp gets oily very quickly.i thought it would be worse for my greasiness because it's a mositurizing shampoo which the bottle says.it's a perfect balance for me.it didn't strip out all of the oils from my scalp but left me with clean but soft hair.i feel the moisturizing effect when i skip the conditioner for my hair tips , i can comb through my hair without any damage or hassle.i'm not saying it could be skip the conditioner with using this but when i'm comparing with the other shampoos for oily hair or clarifying it would be almost impossible to comb or very hurtful.i think it's marketed wrong way as i don't reccomend for dry or damaged hairs.it's more suitable oily to normal hair or those who looking for a lightweight moisture shampoo.it lathers up well and doesn't have a strong scent which feels clean and nice.the only cons for me it contains dimethicone which i don't like in any products.generally it builds up on scalp.but thats ok.i haven't get the build up feeling as i'm on half of the bottle,so if i will detect any build up i'll use a clarifying shampoo or acv rinse.i reccomend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I did not think I was going to care for this shampoo after reading the reviews.
It ended up working really well for me.
At first I did not notice too much of anything but then my hair started to look more voluminous and healthy looking.
It felt soft and clean.
It never dried my hair or scalp and the scent was not bad.
I loved the way it felt when I massaged into my hair.
It had this weird cushiony feel to it.
I assume from the hyaluronic acid since it attracts moisture.
I never had any issues with this shampoo at all and the bottle lasted a decent amount of time.
I would buy this again but since I am not one for fruity scents I am going to look for something else for the time being.
It was not overly fruity but still I prefer a clean or softly sweet scent to fruity ones.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

After searching for the perfect shampoo for my thick curly hair I found it in this!This stuff really does what it says it will do.The problem I always had was most shampoos would be too drying and stripping and make my scalp itch and leave my ends crunchy or be very greasy and not get my scalp clean at all and make my hair just lay flat.Well not this one,This gets my scalp feeling refreshed and clean in just the right balance,no itch or dryness yet at the same time adds tons of much needed moisture to my curls.My hair feels 100% silkier softer and manageable,I almost don't need any conditioner it is THAT good.Major bonus is the reduction in hair fall and breakage,I have noticed a whole lot less breakage,because of that I'm actually starting to get some length.Unfortunately the new formula does not do the same as the original.I hate when they mess with stuff like that when there was nothing wrong to begin with.So now just hoping I can find more online.Highy recommended

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

OK so the bottle is nice, the flip cap works well. Other than that, it's crap. Ooops, I meant to type CRAP.
Dried out my hair, made it fly-away and static-y. Did mentioned it dried out my hair?

Very poor quality. It made my hair look dirty because of the residue it left behind in my scalp, and though it may have done a good job of moisturizing, it neglected it's first job, which is a shampoo. I had to use another shampoo to get rid of the buildup, and after that my hair was soft and clean again, but I will definitely not be buying another bottle of this.

So far, I'm loving this shampoo! Really gets my hair clean and gives it that fluffy feeling without being weighed down. You don't need to use too much, and I got the shampoo and matching conditioner in huge bottles at Target for $5.99 each and I know they will last months. Smells great, Im sensitive to really strong smells and this lingers on the hair but not too much to make me feel sick like some shampoos do. I wash my hair every 2 days and I noticed with some shampoos my hair gets so greasy but I don't have a problem with it at all with this one. Love!

Edit: After using this a few weeks I have noticed that it was making my scalp really oily. I switched to the Loreal everstrong anti breakage shampoo (no sulfates) and my scalp and hair like that one SO much better!

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

My hair is easily dried out when I shampoo it, so I am always on the lookout for gentle things.

PROS: Nothing. Maybe the smell.

CONS: This leaves my hair rough and dry feeling after I use it, like it needs conditioner stat. That's exactly the thing I was trying to avoid, so this shampoo is fail for me. It's like other "moisture" shampoos that pack a lot of cleansers/multiple sulfates/etc thinking they'll prep the hair for conditioner by cleaning it well, but in reality they just go too far and strip it. When I rinse out, my hair squeaks! It also messes with the texture and makes lifeless.

I've been using Dove for a while and I've noticed nasty buildup that I had to use DAWN dish soap to get rid of. I switched to this shampoo and my hair is back to normal. It's super soft and smells great! Definitely a HG product!