2.9

Shop Now

Reviews

from

7 years ago

There are very few cosmetic products I am faithful to, but this is definitely one of them. I discovered it merely by accident when shopping for other Clinique products I mentioned how embarrassing it was to battle both adult acne and wrinkles at the same time. I was given samples of skin cleansing products and the Clarifying Lotion 2 was among them. This product is for dry and combination skin, but honestly I am not sure if it is appropriate for this skin type. I personally use it as a treatment which takes care of all impurities with miraculous results. Thanks to this product I have flawless skin, but it is hard to imagine someone with really dry skin using this product. Get a sample before you buy the full size bottle. Other Clinique products that are actually meant for oily and acne prone skin were too harsh and aggressive for me, maybe they are meant for much younger people whose skin has different needs.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

I wanted to love this. However if you want a sensation of putting nail varnish remover over your face then try this. Never again!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

7 years ago

same result as different and cheaper product .

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive

HairBlond

7 years ago

This is a good go to product if you want a nice deep clean. It is refreshing and doesn't seem to irritate my skin. I don't use it every day though, just when a deep clean is needed. I think I would prefer a flip top bottle though.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

7 years ago

Please stay away from this toner, its terrible. LOADED with alcohol, no beneficial ingredients what so ever. I remember going through an intense reaction to some sort of foundation and needed assistance to bring my pH level to a balance and THIS WAS NOT IT. It ended up prolonging my break out. Conclusively I am was very dissatisfied with this product. Its makes me think differently of Clinique.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBrown

from

7 years ago

Why do Clinique keep giving me these awful toners as a GWP. I DO NOT want them!This stuff had the same effect on my skin as the last Clinique toner I tried.It burns!! I am not sensitive. Truly awful, but hardly surprising as alcolhol denat is 2nd on the ingredients list.And witch hazel and menthol, OUCH!!! This amount of alcohol is NOT a preservative. It causes cell damage and collagen breakdown.Even on young oily skins this will do more harm than good in the long run.The only Clinique toner worth consideration is the mild cloudy one.I do use Clinique products and love them , but this toner, exfoliant , clarifying lotion or whatever you want to call it makes me cringe!Stay well clear would be my advice!

About reviewer (235 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Medium

HairOther

EyesBrown

7 years ago

Even thought I have a dry and sensitive skin, I love this product. In fact, I started using this as a teen, stolen from my mom. I love the refreshing feeling and the really clean feeling that it leave, but I really have to use an hydrating lotion after it because my skin do feel tight after a while. However, I do not use it as a toner, everyday and every night, but mostly as an exfoliant, 2-3 times a week when I have pimples and my skin feel a little on the oilier side. I'll def purchase eventually, probably when there'll be a gift with purchase!

About reviewer (534 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2.0

7 years ago

This product smells TERRIBLE!!! I was scared to even put it on my face or body it smelled so bad. This stuff was SUPER flakey and irritated my face terribly after only a few uses. Usually I am a big Clinique fan but this just really disappointed me. I wouldn't buy again

About reviewer (165 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

7 years ago

I have been using my Clinique Clarifying Lotion #1 for over a year and I absolutely love it. Lately my skin has gone from dry to combination so when I achieved this as a gift from my mom I got really exited. This morning I decided to try it out since I ran out of my old one for very dry/ dry skin. As soon as I opened the bottle a strong scent of alcohol hit me and when I put it on it didn't feel fresh and calming on the skin like my old one, it made my skin feel really dehydrated and irritated. Can you imagine that tingling feeling that some lip balms like Carmex and Burt's Bees gives, all over your face. It's horrible! My mom tried it and she felt exactly the same. I read the description on the backside of the product and the fact that it was flammable didn't calm me down. When I went on here and saw that some people even used it as a nail polish remover (I tried it and it didn't work for me) I had to take a look in the mirror to make sure that my face still was there. Surprisingly I could not see any signs on an allergic reaction, but I could still feel it. I don't know exactly what made my skin freak out but I think it must be because of the high level of alcohol, the menthol or the mixture of both. Anyhow I'm not gonna be using this anymore and I wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE, especially not anyone with dry and sensitive skin. Even though im sure it works as an exfoliator it's so not worth the feeling it leaves on the skin. This product is nothing more than a waste of money and I'm really disappointed over Clinique but I'm gonna keep repurchase the Clarifying Lotion #1 for really dry skin. EDIT: Even thought I said I wasn't going to use it anymore i decided to give it a second chance. After a while I got used to the horrible feeling but it did dry out my skin.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

7 years ago

This is the most amazing toner that I have ever used! It is even better than Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion (which kind of stung, but it did serve a different purpose). I love the fresh feeling of the toner, it is an instant refresher. One thing that I am not too fond of is the packaging. It would be much better if the bottle had a pump, I think it would save product and dispense the perfect amount. The feeling is amazing though, It's not drying at all. Sometimes when I'm in a rush before bed, I forget to put moisturizer on and my skin is perfectly fine! I paid $16.00 for 4.7 oz, but it's worth every single penny!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral