2.9

$27.00 on Macy's
Shop Now

Reviews

5 years ago

I've been religiously using this toner for over ten years, and I doubt I'll ever stop. I have very acne prone, scar prone, combination oily skin, and this keeps my pores super clean and fresh. I use it both and night and during the day, I love the cooling feeling it gives as you wipe it across my face. I will admit, for some people it could be a bit drying and too "minty," but since my face is one puddle shy or an oil factory, this works perfectly fine for me. I usually buy the medium sized bottles from Ulta because they're only $13 and these bottles last months for me.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

5 years ago

I really would not recommend that anyone buys this product. It is extremely strong and completely strips your skin. If anyone, this product would only be suitable for people with oily skin. If you have any blemishes it will cause problems as it increases redness and stings on application. I spoke to a beautician about this product and she said the only thing it's any good for it getting rid of left over eyebrow and eyelash tint! She also told me that where she previously worked they told her to use this to wipe down leather sofas as its acts the same as a detergent! This product really irritated my skin, a definite no no!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

2.0

5 years ago

This is a product i regret buying. Although it cleans and clarifies really well, this has so much alcohol in it that it feels like i'm simply putting alcohol on my face. I have to hold my breath when i use it because the smell of alcohol is just too strong, and my eyes burn when i apply it around them because, again, the amount of alcohol is just too much. This toner is strong so i specially wouldn't recommend for sensitive and dry skin people.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

5 years ago

I have used this for years. I don't use it every day in the winter, but twice a day in the summer. It leaves my skin clean and feeling refreshed and ready for my serum and/or moisturizer. I always have a bottle on standby so I never run out.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

GREAT FOR CLARIFYING, HORRID FOR DRY SKIN! I was eager to try this product, as I had heard great reviews of it from friends. Personally, the smell doesn't put me off it, as it smells of Witch Hazel, which I like. This product is great for removing all traces of make-up, dirt and oil, and leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. However, I suffer from occasional dry skin, usually in the colder months. When using this lotion, I experience an intense burning sensation - not enough to cause major discomfort - but enough to make me wonder why it is burning so much. The skin on my face also feels tighter after using it. Also, the day after using it (I tend to use this before bed), I have much drier skin than before. This suggests that this particular lotion is too strong for my skin type - even though it caters specifically for dry combination skin. (I also get the same burning and dry skin effect from the Body Shop's Tea Tree Toner.) I would suggest that if you have occasionally dry or sensitive skin, trying a lotion that it less strong, as you may experience the same discomfort as I have. Although, if you're in love with how well this lotion cleans your face and don't mind putting multiple layers of moisturiser on - which is what I tend to do - then stick with it!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

2.0

5 years ago

Clinique has got some great products, and this is not one of them. I got it as a gift, and I just do not like throwing anything away, and will try to find a use for just about every product. I cannot use this on my face, too harsh. I use the mild clarifying lotion (which is great!). After some time I decided to use it on areas of my body that sometimes can get "bumps". Like my thighs. I use after showering, before moisturizing and it works great! Finally found a use for this stuff. Gave it 2 stars since it works on other areas of my body. Would not repurchase.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Fine

Broke me out.

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

This works a treat. The alcohol in this is SD 40 alcohol which means it's filtered at least 40 times making it perfectly safe for the skin so no need to panic everyone. I love how refreshing this is and how it's an exfoliant with acetylglucosamine. Perfect. Exfoliation keeps you young people ;)

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Other, Other

5 years ago

The first time I used this product a Clinque employee did a skin test on the back of my hand to show me how many dead skin cells this toner removes. I was amazed and grossed out when I saw all the dead skin on the tape after the test. So I bought there entire three step program. The price was great not very expensive. After using the three step a couple time I started to break out. I was expecting this because I was told to give my skin two weeks to adjust. After two months of use my skin was a mess. I had tons break outs, the pores on my face had gotten bigger, and I had more black heads then I could count! I stopped using it and my skin cleared up slowly. Over all I am not a fan. Clinque has some great stuff, but this product is NOT on my list of must haves.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

5 years ago

I'm in a love-hate relationship with this product. Sometimes it does me good and sometimes it makes my skin dry. I rather stick to clarins if I don't have acne problems and will go back to this when i got some.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral