2.9

$27.00 on Macy's
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I purchased this ‘Clarifying Lotion’ alongside various other Clinique products. It states it’s a ‘Clarifying Lotion’ WTF does that even mean?! Cut the bull crap Clinique, it’s a very harsh toner that is riddled with alcohol. The scent is unbearably potent, it stings your eyes, it’s that strong. All this product did was strip my skin. It did NOT clean pores, did NOT exfoliate and did NOT improve my skin. I’ll tell ya what it DID do, take my hard earned cash! For the record, because I’m an idiot, I purchased the Clarifying Toner 1.0 non-alcohol version and it did absolutely nothing. Rose water is now my HG toner.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Hi! Im Asian and have very sensitive combination skin with eczema, and I’m on my 5th bottle of this toner. I don’t know why but my skin is ok with this absolutely-smelling-like-alcohol toner while the Lamcome pinky one broke me out like crazy. I use this twice a day after my Cetaphil cleanser and it works very well...

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

2 years ago

I have had hormonal break outs for the past few years and clogged pores all over my face. I got the Clinique system out of desperation..got the #2 in cleanser and toner and in six days, my face has transformed. This toner is so refreshing and almost moisturizing but this along with the mild cleansing liquid has cleared up ALL of my clogged pores almost totally! My situation was BAD.....my makeup is going on so much better without all my huge pores and I'm amazed. I"M SOLD. I used this years ago when my face wasn't in trouble but it has saved me. The new Dramatically different moisturizer is FABULOUS. I guess they reformulated it but its WONDERUL. If you dont like this, maybe you don't have the right system, it #1, #2, or #3. But for me, this has done wonders in six days

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Despite the bad reviews, I really love this toner. A bottle can last a long time and I've gone through multiple bottles over the years. Sure, it stinks of alcohol, but I really do feel like my skin had improved since I introduced this to my regime. I'm thinking of trying out Thayers witch hazel when I'm through with this considering that doesn't have alcohol in it and cost less than half the price.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Coarse

2 years ago

This is an excellent exfoliater. I believe it is gentle if a small amount is applied with a light hand. A heavy application could be causing the burning that other reviewers are experiencing. This part of the 3 step is essential to getting that clean feeling, and I swear leaves me with a glow. Plus it lasts a really long time. Type 2 is the perfect option for my combination skin, as even though I am oily, the type 3 leaves my skin overly dry. This clarifying lotion has been brilliant in helping me achieve a well balanced skin!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown

from

2 years ago

I have never actually bought this toner before I have this in the sample try me sizes from bonuses & recently a relative gave me some more Bc she didn't want them! I don't hink ???? this is a good toner to be using Bc it has so much alcohol in it & stupid menthol which irritates the skin! I personally have a very oily skin type & have only used this toner occasionally to clean up my t zone in between washings & during the day especially in the summer time! I don't think this stuff actually exfoliates anything Bc I has no salicyclic acid in it! & I love ❤️ the commentary from a reviewer who said Clinique toners are like junk food! LOL!

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

2 years ago

My skin is very oily and prone to looking quite lifeless but after using this lotion my skin texture improved a great deal. My skin now looks a lot clearer and more radiant than before. The price is quite expensive yet the bottle is fairly large so its not that bad. Personally i think this is a great product!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

It looks so pretty but don't be fooled! This stuff is strong. As soon as I applied it I felt this burning/stinging sensation, and I have an allergic patch that looks like a breakout. I don't usually have sensitive skin, but this stuff smells and feels like paint stripper.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

2 years ago

Clinique’ clarifying lotions are the junk food of cosmetic industry. Period

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

Best toner

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure