Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT. Violet 2 (CI 60730)

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

it's not a bad toner, per se - i had used this before, then went back to it when i finally realized i had dry-combo skin. but it is an astringent toner before anything else, so there is a definite burn. i do like this, but i'm not sure if i'll go back to it soon. i know it's reliable and it's something i'll go back to using at some point, but i don't know if it'll be anytime soon.

I have oily and acne-prone skin but I would never use anything as harsh as this toner on my face. Luckily I got only a sample of this product because I would never buy it myself. It smells like pure alcohol, no skin type deserves to be treated this way. This toner will make more harm than good.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product for a short while, and I'd say it does exactly what it is meant to do. This product cleanses my pores very well, and had reduced quite an amount of acne. However, it had caused irritation around my eyes area. Now, I know that you should not apply toner around your eyes area, as toner contains harsher chemical and substances that might damage your eyes' skin tissue, but it's inevitable for me to wipe higher. This caused my eyes to swell, and got irritated. Additionally, I would not suggest this toner to someone with sensitive skin, because this does sting, a little. But somehow it satisfies me to smell alcohol and to feel the burn after I wipe the toner around my acne area, because this proves that it ACTUALLY does something. However, if you can prevent the eye-area-issue, I do suggest this product. PLEASE USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DETERMINATION, because your skin type might differ from mine. Xoxo, good luck guys!

on 9/24/2016 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a Clinique user (I try to use most of their products) I've used this toner for 10 years now. Stopped for 2 years while I was overseas but came back to again. I have combination to oily skin. I use 2 in winter and 3 in summer. I can't comment on the effects of this for dry skin but for oily skin it's the best! You need to use it continuously morning and night and follow up with a good moisturiser. I use the 3 step system which is the best. It does have alcohol in it but it does the job. It clears the skin really well.

on 8/21/2016 11:21:00 PM

I have combination-dry skin and really like using this clairfying lotion. I use it as part of the 3 Step System, after using the cleanser and before the moisturiser. I simply use a small amount of this on a cotton ball and wipe it over my face. It helps to exfoliate and tone the skin. It has helped a lot with congestion. Prior to this my cheeks were dull and congested, this has helped to remove dead skin and shrink the pores, making my skin look brighter and clearer. It makes my skin feel tingly when I use it at first, which I got used to quickly and quite enjoy the feeling of now. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either, nor dry it out. A little goes a long way with this product. It does not have an offensive smell either which is a plus. I like this product a lot and would repurchase.

on 7/31/2016 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Two years ago I moved to a new city with a warmer/drier climate and my skin went absolutely bananas. My mother in law actually suggested I try Clinique and the rest is history. I've been using the 3 step program religiously ever since and I can honestly say I'm a bit torn on how I feel about this product.
It's ok, not great and certainly not bad but ok. It has helped clear up my skin, which is the most important part but in doing so has left me either too dry or too oily. I can't seem to get a number that really works with my skin. So for the last two years I've been switching it up between 4,3 and 2. I also just can't seem to get used to the smell. It's not overly strong or bad but just not my cup of tea. One thing I've also noticed (and maybe it's just me) but this makes my face smell weird. Perhaps my natural oils mixing with the product? I'm not sure.
Either way I've just finished my last bottle (no 2) and have decided to give something else a try.
In all honesty I might return to this product if I can't find something else that beats it or if what I try next fails as it is still a lot better than using nothing at all!

on 6/19/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combo skin but the sales assitant told me this would work well with the oily skin facewash and moisturizer.

It was pure hell using this. It stung my oily skun and I feel sorry for those with dry skin. It was full of alcohol it seems.

How do companies like Clinique make such colossal mistakes?

Never repurchase!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Info on ingredients: This product has Alcohol denat and it's listed high on the ingredients so not in small amount. Alcohol can be irritating for some people, and could definitely make your skin get drier or oilier. Basically it will wipe off the natural oil of the skin and after that point your skin might produce even more oil (and get oilier) or do nothing and your skin might get drier because you wipe off the natural oil with alcohol. This also has menthol, which also can be irritating for some skin types. Although I like the smell of menthol and surely enjoy the refreshing feeling that comes with it, it's no good for skin. Now, all these obviously make this product risky for skin care so to speak, if it's your first time buying I suggest trying a travel size first. I would also not recommend using it every day or even multiple times a week. But...

The sides of my nose always get peeled like dandruff. Gentle face washes and tonics do nothing for that area, those dandruff-looking dead skins just stay. Stronger face washes and tonics clean that area well. Unfortunately the next day they return, but sometimes I just need that area clean and since my skin is very thin and on sensitive side I stay away from scrubs and alike. This is when I use those stronger face washes/tonics. This tonic totally cleaned that area. I use a very small amount for my tzone and neck after I wash my face with a gentle face wash, and it didn't cause any irritation for me so far nor it broke me out. It took the excess oil off my tzone. It also stings a bit because of the alcohol, which is kind of good as lately I'm getting one cystic acne on the exact same spot on my chin, alcohol can do a better job at killing the bacteria that causes that acne more than face washes. The product's another claim is "helps fine lines disappear" but that's a silly claim, no it doesn't do that.

I would certainly not recommend using it daily, I myself will use only once or twice a week at most. I'm generally not a big fan of Clinique and found most of their products to be overrated but this one is pretty good in my opinion.

on 5/14/2016 9:52:00 PM

This was my first product from Clinique. I purchased this due to recommendation for my skin type and I wanted something that would refresh my skin. I threw it out with 3/4 still left in the bottle.

I usually have a habit of looking at the ingredients list before buying a new skin care product but this time I did not do that. It reads- "Dermatologist- developed, allergy tested, 100% fragrance free" and I guess I assumed that it would be suitable for my fairly sensitive skin.
Oh boy was I wrong...
I wish I would have smelled this before purchase because it just reeks of alcohol. No wonder as Alcohol Denat. is on the second place in the ingredients list of this product. In result this always left me tearing up from the smell and my skin was badly inflamed for hours.

And watch out- it's flammable (!) until dry. That alone should let you know how good this is for your skin. But for real... Alcohol Denat. will have very very drying properties and even if product containing it feels like a miracle right away- it will cause trouble overtime.

The packaging is nice and definitely feels high end it would go great paired up with good product inside. Not impressed with this one.

on 3/19/2016 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This toner provided a nice smooth surface on the skin. It was a bit drying but I assume it's meant to be followed up with lotion afterwards since it's a toner so that wasn't a problem. The only issue I had was that the alcohol smell was pretty strong and was slightly disconcerting to me since I have sensitive skin. I rarely use toners anymore and I don't feel justified purchasing this due to the price tag but this does its job.

EDIT: Used it again the next morning and it created a lovely set of red panda eyes. Red swelling isn't my thing :/