Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch hazel), Menthol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Trehalose, Soudium Hyaluronate, Butyene Glycol, Sodium Bicarbonate, Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 33 (CI 17200), EXT. Violet 2 (CI 60730)

This product feels way too strong and my skin feels dryer than ever after using this. Also, the smell is way too much for me (I can almost taste it when I put it on my skin) and I'm not usually sensitive to smell. I can't say if it yields long term results because I only could stand to use it once. Too strong for me.

i once went to the department store and wanted to get the three step system products, which are the facial cleanser, toner and moisturiser. i love the facial cleanser and the moisturizer, but not this one.
first, the smell is really pungent, it smells like alcohol very much. the strong smell is one thing i can not stand. moreover, talking about the packaging, of course we have to use cotton pad to apply this toner, but the mouth of the bottle is just too big, so we can accidentally spill it or put too much on our cotton pad.
Then, since my skin is combination, i felt like the toner is very drying and irritating towards my skin. it has that stinging sensation that bothers me very much.
I still have so much products left that I gave it to someone else. Not gonna purchase this anymore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Kind of a strange product. It smells super strong. Dont use this before heading out the door in winter because it will feel like your face is freezing. The pepermint oil (?) in this is too much.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

it's not a bad toner, per se - i had used this before, then went back to it when i finally realized i had dry-combo skin. but it is an astringent toner before anything else, so there is a definite burn. i do like this, but i'm not sure if i'll go back to it soon. i know it's reliable and it's something i'll go back to using at some point, but i don't know if it'll be anytime soon.

I have oily and acne-prone skin but I would never use anything as harsh as this toner on my face. Luckily I got only a sample of this product because I would never buy it myself. It smells like pure alcohol, no skin type deserves to be treated this way. This toner will make more harm than good.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I've been using this product for a short while, and I'd say it does exactly what it is meant to do. This product cleanses my pores very well, and had reduced quite an amount of acne. However, it had caused irritation around my eyes area. Now, I know that you should not apply toner around your eyes area, as toner contains harsher chemical and substances that might damage your eyes' skin tissue, but it's inevitable for me to wipe higher. This caused my eyes to swell, and got irritated. Additionally, I would not suggest this toner to someone with sensitive skin, because this does sting, a little. But somehow it satisfies me to smell alcohol and to feel the burn after I wipe the toner around my acne area, because this proves that it ACTUALLY does something. However, if you can prevent the eye-area-issue, I do suggest this product. PLEASE USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND DETERMINATION, because your skin type might differ from mine. Xoxo, good luck guys!

on 9/24/2016 3:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a Clinique user (I try to use most of their products) I've used this toner for 10 years now. Stopped for 2 years while I was overseas but came back to again. I have combination to oily skin. I use 2 in winter and 3 in summer. I can't comment on the effects of this for dry skin but for oily skin it's the best! You need to use it continuously morning and night and follow up with a good moisturiser. I use the 3 step system which is the best. It does have alcohol in it but it does the job. It clears the skin really well.

on 8/21/2016 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have combination-dry skin and really like using this clairfying lotion. I use it as part of the 3 Step System, after using the cleanser and before the moisturiser. I simply use a small amount of this on a cotton ball and wipe it over my face. It helps to exfoliate and tone the skin. It has helped a lot with congestion. Prior to this my cheeks were dull and congested, this has helped to remove dead skin and shrink the pores, making my skin look brighter and clearer. It makes my skin feel tingly when I use it at first, which I got used to quickly and quite enjoy the feeling of now. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin either, nor dry it out. A little goes a long way with this product. It does not have an offensive smell either which is a plus. I like this product a lot and would repurchase.

on 7/31/2016 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Two years ago I moved to a new city with a warmer/drier climate and my skin went absolutely bananas. My mother in law actually suggested I try Clinique and the rest is history. I've been using the 3 step program religiously ever since and I can honestly say I'm a bit torn on how I feel about this product.
It's ok, not great and certainly not bad but ok. It has helped clear up my skin, which is the most important part but in doing so has left me either too dry or too oily. I can't seem to get a number that really works with my skin. So for the last two years I've been switching it up between 4,3 and 2. I also just can't seem to get used to the smell. It's not overly strong or bad but just not my cup of tea. One thing I've also noticed (and maybe it's just me) but this makes my face smell weird. Perhaps my natural oils mixing with the product? I'm not sure.
Either way I've just finished my last bottle (no 2) and have decided to give something else a try.
In all honesty I might return to this product if I can't find something else that beats it or if what I try next fails as it is still a lot better than using nothing at all!

on 6/19/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily to combo skin but the sales assitant told me this would work well with the oily skin facewash and moisturizer.

It was pure hell using this. It stung my oily skun and I feel sorry for those with dry skin. It was full of alcohol it seems.

How do companies like Clinique make such colossal mistakes?

Never repurchase!