LORAC Lips With Benefits

LORAC Lips With Benefits
Lips With Benefits

4.3

on 11/2/2013 5:30:00 AM

This is one of my all-time favorite lippies. I love this product so much and never want to be without. I love that it is more like a liquid lipstick that applies like a gloss but has the color and opaqueness of a lipstick. I have purchased all the colors, even found some different colors on HSN, as well as some that are only available in kits.

I have to say that "Chuck" is my main man! I have numerous tubes all over the place (vanity, purse, desk drawer, etc) so that I always have him within reach! He is peachy nude in color and such a complimentary color for all skins shades and undertones. The smell of the product is sort of like buttercream icing and the product doesn't have any taste that I can detect. Such a wonderful product, I hope she never discontinues.

"Alex" is another favorite, he is a pinkish nude color that again is complimentary to any skin tone

on 3/27/2013 1:30:00 AM

This is hands down the BEST lipgloss I've ever tried! It's light on the lips, you can barely feel it. Very comfertable! It's hard to tell what color your going to get though just by looking at it in the packaging. But the color is HIGHLY pigmented! It has micro shimmers in it that make your lips look extra glossy && full. Lasts on my lips for about 3-4 hours , so very good staying power! On top of that, the packaging is veeerryyy luxurious. I have it in the color "Christian" , limited edition color that you can only get with the mint edition collection from ulta. I want to buy every color!! It is pricy, but TOTALLY worth it!!!!! No conplaints, idk why I never hear any hype about this product!? Anyways, when I get a couple bucks, I will deffinatly be taking a trip to the mall to grab a couple more! :D

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE:
Ok, I have purchased a few of these, and they are not all equal.

The staying power is pretty good for a gloss, it's not sticky, but does really "stick" to your lips, so the staying power is pretty good for a gloss. It has a thicker feel and you know when you are wearing it.

Certain colors are better than others. I really like the Andy shade. It is more sheer in color, but gets really frosty if you try to pack it on.
I also have the "josh" color. The formula feels the same, but the giant glitter in it feels really gritty on your lips after the glossy part wears off. Most of the colors are quite sheer, otherwise they feel to thick on your lips.

I love the packaging, but it's just an OK product for me. I will dab a bit of it on over lipstick to add some shine or tone down a color. The smell is fine with me, don't love it or hate it.

Some shades are nicer than others. Certain colors have quite a bit of glitter in them. (not a fan of that)

Previous Review:
This was an impulse buy. The product packaging is fantastic, and the design of the product is amazing. (love the zig-zag appearance - I love how good it looks in my muji drawers - so pretty) The doe foot applicator is great.

I would say they have a slightly heavier feel on the lips, but I don't mind it. The staying power is AMAZING, the best I have ever found in a gloss. They have absolutely no sticky feel. I adore them so much, I tossed out all my other glosses, and bought more.

Although I prefer unscented, it is lightly scented, sort of vanilla/caramel-ish, but the scent fades away very quickly.

It is tricky to know exactly what color you are getting, since it looks different in the package than on the lips. Do some in-store swatches (or a google search) before purchase. They would benefit from a larger color range, since they really only have a few peaches and pinks.

Over time, the color does eventually mix, and the zig zag effect disappears.

These are on the pricey side, but will repurchase.