LORAC Lips With Benefits

LORAC Lips With Benefits
Lips With Benefits

on 1/27/2014 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I had $20 in Kohl's Cash expiring and had to buy something, so I picked this up. (Kohl's carries Lorac and TheBalm, two of my new favorites.)

I bought it because I'm looking for my HG shiny nude shade, and upon application this is close but too light and the color fades pretty quickly.

The moisturizing effect does not. This is easily the most nourishing lip product I've ever tried. My lips feel soft and plump for hours after I apply it.

The packaging is attractive and the gloss has a strong dessert scent, the Ulta site says it's creme brulee but I think it's more cocoa-ish.

I intend to purchase several more colors in this; I've heard good things about "Chuck".

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm in love w/Lorac and I'm definitely in love w/this lipgloss! I bought a set from Hsn.com that came w/the color "Josh" in it. It's a beautiful pale pink(almost like a Barbie pink) color, it's one of the most beautiful pink colors I've ever owned! I'm a blonde, so all I really wear are pinks & nudes. I have thousands of pink glosses and lipsticks but this color stands all on its own & takes the cake! It's just gorgeous. It's a great formula, great quality, great pigmentation, absolutely no stickiness, and I love the design and packaging! Wears for quite awhile too. I just found my new HG lipgloss & it's by Lorac!!! <3 I'm borderline obsessed! Please always make this color, it's amazing!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE Lorac products and this lip gloss is no different! I purchased the color "Ben", which is a shimmering peachy-pink color- that's beautiful on any skin tone and amazingly LONG lasting, much longer than any higher end lip gloss I've ever purchased. The staying power is pretty amazing! It keeps my lips smooth and moist, it's not drying like some glosses or lipsticks. I bought this during an Ulta "21 Days of Beauty" bargain at half-price, but I would definitely repurchase at regular price which is $18.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE:
Ok, I have purchased a few of these, and they are not all equal.

The staying power is pretty good for a gloss, it's not sticky, but does really "stick" to your lips, so the staying power is pretty good for a gloss. It has a thicker feel and you know when you are wearing it.

Certain colors are better than others. I really like the Andy shade. It is more sheer in color, but gets really frosty if you try to pack it on.
I also have the "josh" color. The formula feels the same, but the giant glitter in it feels really gritty on your lips after the glossy part wears off. Most of the colors are quite sheer, otherwise they feel to thick on your lips.

I love the packaging, but it's just an OK product for me. I will dab a bit of it on over lipstick to add some shine or tone down a color. The smell is fine with me, don't love it or hate it.

Some shades are nicer than others. Certain colors have quite a bit of glitter in them. (not a fan of that)

Previous Review:
This was an impulse buy. The product packaging is fantastic, and the design of the product is amazing. (love the zig-zag appearance - I love how good it looks in my muji drawers - so pretty) The doe foot applicator is great.

I would say they have a slightly heavier feel on the lips, but I don't mind it. The staying power is AMAZING, the best I have ever found in a gloss. They have absolutely no sticky feel. I adore them so much, I tossed out all my other glosses, and bought more.

Although I prefer unscented, it is lightly scented, sort of vanilla/caramel-ish, but the scent fades away very quickly.

It is tricky to know exactly what color you are getting, since it looks different in the package than on the lips. Do some in-store swatches (or a google search) before purchase. They would benefit from a larger color range, since they really only have a few peaches and pinks.

Over time, the color does eventually mix, and the zig zag effect disappears.

These are on the pricey side, but will repurchase.