LORAC Lips With Benefits

LORAC Lips With Benefits
Lips With Benefits

3.5

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was my first lipgloss that I bought from LORAC. I bought it to put on top of the Nude Scene lipstick.
Not only is it a great nude lipgloss, it's hydrating and doesn't dry out my lips. It's super glossy and lasts a pretty good amount of time. It looks great by itself as well as on top of lipstick.
I bought it on sale for $10. The regular price is $18, which is pricey. On the fence of whether or not I'll buy it again if it's not on sale.
But if you can afford it, definitely try it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

UPDATE:
Ok, I have purchased a few of these, and they are not all equal.

The staying power is pretty good for a gloss, it's not sticky, but does really "stick" to your lips, so the staying power is pretty good for a gloss. It has a thicker feel and you know when you are wearing it.

Certain colors are better than others. I really like the Andy shade. It is more sheer in color, but gets really frosty if you try to pack it on.
I also have the "josh" color. The formula feels the same, but the giant glitter in it feels really gritty on your lips after the glossy part wears off. Most of the colors are quite sheer, otherwise they feel to thick on your lips.

I love the packaging, but it's just an OK product for me. I will dab a bit of it on over lipstick to add some shine or tone down a color. The smell is fine with me, don't love it or hate it.

Some shades are nicer than others. Certain colors have quite a bit of glitter in them. (not a fan of that)

Previous Review:
This was an impulse buy. The product packaging is fantastic, and the design of the product is amazing. (love the zig-zag appearance - I love how good it looks in my muji drawers - so pretty) The doe foot applicator is great.

I would say they have a slightly heavier feel on the lips, but I don't mind it. The staying power is AMAZING, the best I have ever found in a gloss. They have absolutely no sticky feel. I adore them so much, I tossed out all my other glosses, and bought more.

Although I prefer unscented, it is lightly scented, sort of vanilla/caramel-ish, but the scent fades away very quickly.

It is tricky to know exactly what color you are getting, since it looks different in the package than on the lips. Do some in-store swatches (or a google search) before purchase. They would benefit from a larger color range, since they really only have a few peaches and pinks.

Over time, the color does eventually mix, and the zig zag effect disappears.

These are on the pricey side, but will repurchase.