Make Up Academy (MUA) Undressed

4.8

on 11/4/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I already own two UD Naked dupes (Naked 2 & Naked 3) by W7 (see my reviews for those) and I didn't have one for the original Naked 1 yet. At the time of purchasing this W7 didn't have a dupe for Naked 1 yet (they do now: W7 In the buff: Lightly toasted) so I bought this one instead. Lucky for me, it was 50% off at Kruidvat (a Dutch DS) so I paid a measly 3 euros for this little gem! This is just a too easy palette to use, you just can't mess up! The colours are gorgeous, and they are nicely pigmented. I'm not really handy with eyeshadow, so the easier the better, and this one fits the bill nicely. Especially because this is packaged in a smaller plastic container than the UD/W7 palettes, so very easy to stick in your make-up bag. Most of the time I leave the bulky W7 palettes at home for fear of damaging them or because I just don't have room in my bag, so I use this one a lot more. Very very happy with this!!

on 3/9/2014 6:34:00 AM

This is fantastic value for money, I bought it around the same time as my urban decay naked palette 30 which I love but now find myself using this similar coloured eyeshadow palette which I'm now preferring that cost me an amazing 2.50 instead and actually I prefer the colours to UD and find these more wearable for everyday as they are not quite so glittery. They are well pigmented, go on easily (there is a bit of fallout if applied very heavily) and look absolutely lovely. I am wearing them over an eyeshadow primer and they last, I haven't tried without a primer so don't know how they fair alone. For the price you cannot go wrong and it goes to prove that you do not need to pay loads to get great results.

on 5/18/2013 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This is my ultimate HG eyeshadow palette, the MUA Undressed palette is my favourite palette ever. It is a perfect dupe for the UD Naked palette and for £4 its so cheap! It has a brilliant range of colours and can be used for daytime wear and evening wear too. It has a range of shimmery and matte colours which can be used to create a great neutral eye or a smoky nightout look. The colours are pigmented, they have a little fallout but for £4 its neglible. MUA are one of my favourite brands at the moment, they have great products but this is by far the best. I buy this palette for all my friends and everyone so far has loved it too. For £4 I would reccomend this palette to anyone, go and try it. I have used mine everyday for the last 5 months and love it so much :)

Like others, I couldn't pass this up at £4 from MUA, as a Naked dupe. The colours are pretty spot on, and swatched side by side, Undressed is virtually identical. Shimmer shades are fantastic, although as you'd expect, the mattes are a tiny bit under par, nothing that extra application and careful blending can't cure. Excellent lasting power, especially over SInsurance or UDPP. This little palette is fairly sturdy, but at £4 I'm happy to chuck it in a bag and go. If it breaks, and it hasn't yet, well, I'll get another.

on 3/28/2013 8:08:00 PM

I bought this palette after hearing it was a very good dupe of the UD naked palette. At 3, I have to admit I was highly dubious of this claim but for the price I had nothing to lose. My first impressions were that it looked extremely cheap, the packaging is dated and flimsy looking. The colours are almost identical to the UD palette though.
I used primer before applying this. I found the the shades to be highly pigmented and they blended easily. The colour did not fade or crease unlike other cheaper eye shadows. After eight hours it still looked great! I'm amazed!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this eyeshadow palette. Why?

1) Many of the colors are similar to the Naked 2 palette but at a fraction of the price
2) The colors are all really pigmented
3) MUA is easy to get hold of in Superdrug stores in the UK and Ireland and online

The only down point is the packaging isn't the most sturdy but for 4 I suppose that is to be expected.