Make Up Academy (MUA) Undressed

Filtered by hair type : Other
Make Up Academy (MUA)  Undressed

4.8

on 5/18/2014 3:06:00 PM

This is my favourite palette. I use it almost every day; the colours are very wearable, they don't crease on me and they have quite good pigmentation, especially for the price. The packaging could be better - if I dropped it on the floor it would probably break - but I prefer poor packaging rather than poor product for the same price! Overall, highly recommended.

on 7/29/2013 6:10:00 AM

In this palette the colors are great, neutral and everyday wearable. I love the neutral shades and the texture of the eye shadow. It's great for a simple everyday make up look.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love it and go to it most days when Im keeping makeup simple.I own the naked palette too.Allmost identical when on my eyes.Less pigmented but what the heck its only £4.00 and mine came with some free lipgloss

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

My new favourite palette - you can't go too far wrong for 4. Praised as an affordable dupe for Urban Decay's original Naked palette in the blogosphere, since all shades are..well, they're pretty much all identical in colour, shade & finish - I own both and I only just noticed putting them next to each other how similar the shades really are. Same lights, neutrals, darks, mattes and shimmer shades. I do notice when applying that I need slightly more of the MUA shadow to build up a good amount of pigmentation, but when applied properly it's hard to tell the two brands apart, especially with the lighter shades. It would be interesting to swatch both palettes just to see how similar they really are. My oily lids make short work of any shadow in a matter of hours, but both UDPP and E.L.F's eye primers keep MUA shadows on all day, so I rarely have a problem with lasting power.

I use the light matte shades and light shimmer shades the most for every day - love that the palette isn't just mattes or shimmery colours and truly has hundreds of possible combinations due to the selection of shades, unlike coloured palettes where it's harder to mix and match. I haven't mixed these shades with any of my other shades as these all complement each other so well and have transitioned seamlessly from my winter to summer makeup.

The packaging is pretty typical 'cheap' thin plastic packaging - absolutely nothing special but at least the front is clear plastic so you can see the shades inside without having to open it up. Although the palette itself feels a bit thin and flimsy, it's done its job so far & I suppose this helps keeps the cost down so I can't complain!

MUA shadows aren't the best formula in the world, but they're close enough to similar high-end ones it's hard to tell the difference. I've been using this for months now and don't even feel guilty for using slightly more product to build up the colour because of the price - at 4 it's just rude to say no. MUA is a real hit-or-miss brand but next time I'm in Superdrug I'll be buying all the other palettes!

on 4/17/2013 4:58:00 AM

Love this palette! It's a good dupe for the original naked palette, although not as "buttery" in terms of texture compared to urban decay. I got this cheap when they were having their 50% sale, so it was ard SGD$4 for me (USD$3 for an estimate). The colours in the pan are a 100% dupe, but when swatched on my hand, the colours are not 100% similar but are still beautiful and pigmented. The packaging may look kinda cheap but it's better than most netural palettes out there and for the price, I can't really complain. I would say it's def worth it if you don't already own the naked palette or if you have a budget to work with. I chose not to repurchase as I do have both the naked 1 and 2 palettes already.