Make Up Academy (MUA) Undressed

4.6

on 1/2/2016 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm torn about this palette. It is undoubtedly a fantastic deal (£4!?): shadows with very good pigment and good staying power (with eyeshadow primer - I've not tried them without). The different shades are nice, ranging from fairly discreet (though shimmery) nudes to gold-toned ones more suited for parties. There's definitely some fallout, since the shadows are very powder-y - no creaminess here. The packaging looks ok, great even considering the price of the palette. It's probably not the most durable packaging, but that doesn't bother me too much. I've paid more for other drugstore palettes with equally cheap plastic-y feel (hello NYX dreamcatcher palette).

But here's my main problem: the shadows irritate my eyes. At least I'm pretty sure the shadows are to blame. Last time I used them was the worst experience yet. On New Year's Eve I used some golden shadows to create a party look, and I went pretty heavy on the shadows. I generally have pretty sensitive eyes, and when creating a smoky eye I've previously had problems with my eyes watering and the skin at the corner of my eye getting red and irritated. The problem has practically gone away since I started using slightly better products (i.e. skipping the really cheap ones as well as brands whose main focus isn't makeup, like H&M etc). Two days into the new year, I'm sitting here with sore, red and irritated skin at the corners of my eye. It makes me hesitate to reach for this palette again.

That being said: if you haven't ever had problems with eye makeup before I'd say go for this palette if you're looking for a good palette to play around with, for very little money!

on 11/17/2014 4:43:00 PM

This is an amazing palette. I do not own the original Naked palette so I can't compare but I love the MUA palette so much, definetly will buy it again. The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is amazing same with the color pay off. They stay all day, little to no fall out, and they are so inexpensive!

Such a good product for price. Nice to see a highstreet pallete include a few matte shades because I find they don't usually and matte is essential for base and crease colours. The applicator is awful but I used the colours with some eyeshadow brushes I already have and it was great. I love all the shades definitely worth buying

This is an excellent price and well worth buying. It should benoted that the colours are quite a lotdarker than in this picture and pictures online, especially the browns. For me that is one disappointment about it as I have fair skin but my eyes get very tired and tend to go red/brown on eyelids and around them when I get tired so I dont want to use too dark a colour on the lids (maybe on the lash line, outer edges and crease though). The first colour in this pallet is perfect as a nude colour for me to cover up the darkness of my eyelids. also use it on the brow bone. I love using the dark grey colour with a slanted eyeshadow brush as an eyeliner - I actually find this a lot easier than using a pencil or liquid liner as it goes on smoother and can be more precise with it. There are sparkly and matte shades in it. The lightest shade seems to be more pigmented than the single eyeshadow I bought in the same colour for some reason. Its a bargain and a good nude palette. Ive read reviews elsewhere saying its as good as a similar one by urban decay - I would never pay their price anyway but certainly nothing wrong with it.

I love this palette!! Everytime I do my eye makeup using this, I get so many compliments. People say it looks 'expensive' on my eyes...when I got it for only £4 I only have the undressed palette..But as soon as a get a job I'll hopefully buy the other palettes. I especially love the gold and rose gold colour!!

All these shades are extremely pigmented and apply so nicely, the colour selection is amazing and the amount of looks you can create with this palette is great for the price. I don't have anything negative to say about this product if you are looking for a good neutral palette then I highly recommend this one!

I bought the UD Naked palette and was completely unimpressed by UD eyeshadows - the majority had poor colour payoff and a ridiculous amount of fall out for the 37 I paid.

I looked to MUA's Undressed palette after I had been disappointed by the quality of the UD ones. I was pleasantly surprised.

P.S I used this without primer FYI.

The quality was better than UD. The shadows were fairly easy to blend and had very impressive colour pay off. Some (particularly the lighter, glittery ones) looked a little cakey on the eyelid but they didn't look any less cakey than the shadows from UD when packed on in an attempt to produce colour pay-off.

This is a total bargain, great value for the price!
The colours are an exact dupe for the UD Naked palette and they are better quality for almost 10% of the price. Far, far better than UD, worth every penny!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my staple palette and I wear it pretty much every day, along with two of MUA's liquid eyeliners (black and bronze). The matte shades don't have much punch, but they build up easily and every shade on the palette blends well together. Great shades for day and night - I could happily never own another eyeshadow. I always ditch the applicator in favour of my fingers, there's less fallout and it sticks better.

on 10/2/2013 7:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I will definitely repurchase this palette again. I wasn't expecting much tbh, however I went ahead and purchased it. I was only £4, what had I got to lose? I already own the naked 2 and the naked basics and was planning on buying the original naked but decided that I'd give this a try first rather than spending £36. I was pleasantly surprised by the pigment of the shadow. However the matte shadows are really up to much pigment wise but this doesn't bother me as I have the other two pallets to compensate for this. The shimmer shadows are pretty similar to ud; there is quite a bit of fallout, however this can be easily brushed away or can be avoided by doing the eyes before the foundation. The colours are versatile and on trend. I can't say enough good things about it.

This is a perfect dupe for Urban Decay Naked palette! The shadows are not as good quality, but for £4 they are still really pigmented and work really well. I find them to be very smooth, they are not powdery and hardly have any fall out. Amazing value!