Make Up Academy (MUA) Undressed

Tank you

on 1/2/2016 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm torn about this palette. It is undoubtedly a fantastic deal (£4!?): shadows with very good pigment and good staying power (with eyeshadow primer - I've not tried them without). The different shades are nice, ranging from fairly discreet (though shimmery) nudes to gold-toned ones more suited for parties. There's definitely some fallout, since the shadows are very powder-y - no creaminess here. The packaging looks ok, great even considering the price of the palette. It's probably not the most durable packaging, but that doesn't bother me too much. I've paid more for other drugstore palettes with equally cheap plastic-y feel (hello NYX dreamcatcher palette).

But here's my main problem: the shadows irritate my eyes. At least I'm pretty sure the shadows are to blame. Last time I used them was the worst experience yet. On New Year's Eve I used some golden shadows to create a party look, and I went pretty heavy on the shadows. I generally have pretty sensitive eyes, and when creating a smoky eye I've previously had problems with my eyes watering and the skin at the corner of my eye getting red and irritated. The problem has practically gone away since I started using slightly better products (i.e. skipping the really cheap ones as well as brands whose main focus isn't makeup, like H&M etc). Two days into the new year, I'm sitting here with sore, red and irritated skin at the corners of my eye. It makes me hesitate to reach for this palette again.

That being said: if you haven't ever had problems with eye makeup before I'd say go for this palette if you're looking for a good palette to play around with, for very little money!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I Have both the Undressed and Heaven and Earth palette. They're not too dissimilar but great to have for a kit or for your eyeshadow collection. The shadows are pigmented and wear well with a primer. The packaging is fine but could be a bit more sturdy if being picky but for the price it's perfect. Both palettes are a collection of more neutral shades and would compliment a variety of skin tones. I can't say I use them all the time as I use my UD Basics a lot but I know they're there if I need them. Definitely recommend purchasing.

on 11/4/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I already own two UD Naked dupes (Naked 2 & Naked 3) by W7 (see my reviews for those) and I didn't have one for the original Naked 1 yet. At the time of purchasing this W7 didn't have a dupe for Naked 1 yet (they do now: W7 In the buff: Lightly toasted) so I bought this one instead. Lucky for me, it was 50% off at Kruidvat (a Dutch DS) so I paid a measly 3 euros for this little gem! This is just a too easy palette to use, you just can't mess up! The colours are gorgeous, and they are nicely pigmented. I'm not really handy with eyeshadow, so the easier the better, and this one fits the bill nicely. Especially because this is packaged in a smaller plastic container than the UD/W7 palettes, so very easy to stick in your make-up bag. Most of the time I leave the bulky W7 palettes at home for fear of damaging them or because I just don't have room in my bag, so I use this one a lot more. Very very happy with this!!

on 5/13/2014 3:12:00 PM

I love this product, at the moment I'm using it daily! It's so versatile and easy to work with. Although it's not as highly pigmented as I would like, I really can't moan considering it was under £5. Dampening the brush or just building it up overrides that problem anyway!

Such a good product for price. Nice to see a highstreet pallete include a few matte shades because I find they don't usually and matte is essential for base and crease colours. The applicator is awful but I used the colours with some eyeshadow brushes I already have and it was great. I love all the shades definitely worth buying

This is an excellent price and well worth buying. It should benoted that the colours are quite a lotdarker than in this picture and pictures online, especially the browns. For me that is one disappointment about it as I have fair skin but my eyes get very tired and tend to go red/brown on eyelids and around them when I get tired so I dont want to use too dark a colour on the lids (maybe on the lash line, outer edges and crease though). The first colour in this pallet is perfect as a nude colour for me to cover up the darkness of my eyelids. also use it on the brow bone. I love using the dark grey colour with a slanted eyeshadow brush as an eyeliner - I actually find this a lot easier than using a pencil or liquid liner as it goes on smoother and can be more precise with it. There are sparkly and matte shades in it. The lightest shade seems to be more pigmented than the single eyeshadow I bought in the same colour for some reason. Its a bargain and a good nude palette. Ive read reviews elsewhere saying its as good as a similar one by urban decay - I would never pay their price anyway but certainly nothing wrong with it.

I love this palette!! Everytime I do my eye makeup using this, I get so many compliments. People say it looks 'expensive' on my eyes...when I got it for only £4 I only have the undressed palette..But as soon as a get a job I'll hopefully buy the other palettes. I especially love the gold and rose gold colour!!

I bought the UD Naked palette and was completely unimpressed by UD eyeshadows - the majority had poor colour payoff and a ridiculous amount of fall out for the 37 I paid.

I looked to MUA's Undressed palette after I had been disappointed by the quality of the UD ones. I was pleasantly surprised.

P.S I used this without primer FYI.

The quality was better than UD. The shadows were fairly easy to blend and had very impressive colour pay off. Some (particularly the lighter, glittery ones) looked a little cakey on the eyelid but they didn't look any less cakey than the shadows from UD when packed on in an attempt to produce colour pay-off.

This is a total bargain, great value for the price!
The colours are an exact dupe for the UD Naked palette and they are better quality for almost 10% of the price. Far, far better than UD, worth every penny!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I love this palette! I read a few reviews saying that this is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette, but like most people, I didn't want to pay over £30! So I was very impressed with the quality and pigmentation of the colours. There are 3 that I don't use and I probably won't (two are the darkest shades) but that's only because I don't do a dark smokey eye. I mainly use the rose gold and the golds and the darkest ill use is probably the dark brown. Saying this, it is great for the price and I'm super happy with it! I definitely recommend buying this.