Make Up Academy (MUA) Undressed

4.3

on 11/4/2014 7:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I already own two UD Naked dupes (Naked 2 & Naked 3) by W7 (see my reviews for those) and I didn't have one for the original Naked 1 yet. At the time of purchasing this W7 didn't have a dupe for Naked 1 yet (they do now: W7 In the buff: Lightly toasted) so I bought this one instead. Lucky for me, it was 50% off at Kruidvat (a Dutch DS) so I paid a measly 3 euros for this little gem! This is just a too easy palette to use, you just can't mess up! The colours are gorgeous, and they are nicely pigmented. I'm not really handy with eyeshadow, so the easier the better, and this one fits the bill nicely. Especially because this is packaged in a smaller plastic container than the UD/W7 palettes, so very easy to stick in your make-up bag. Most of the time I leave the bulky W7 palettes at home for fear of damaging them or because I just don't have room in my bag, so I use this one a lot more. Very very happy with this!!

I bought the UD Naked palette and was completely unimpressed by UD eyeshadows - the majority had poor colour payoff and a ridiculous amount of fall out for the 37 I paid.

I looked to MUA's Undressed palette after I had been disappointed by the quality of the UD ones. I was pleasantly surprised.

P.S I used this without primer FYI.

The quality was better than UD. The shadows were fairly easy to blend and had very impressive colour pay off. Some (particularly the lighter, glittery ones) looked a little cakey on the eyelid but they didn't look any less cakey than the shadows from UD when packed on in an attempt to produce colour pay-off.

This is a total bargain, great value for the price!
The colours are an exact dupe for the UD Naked palette and they are better quality for almost 10% of the price. Far, far better than UD, worth every penny!

on 8/16/2013 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm reliably informed that this is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette, but having never tried it I can only base my review on this one... and I have to say I'm very impressed!

As you'd expect from a palette that only costs 4.00GBP, some of the colours in this are a bit touch and go. Some apply much better than others, whilst the pigment on a couple of them leave a lot to be desired. Having said that though, overall this is a really good palette for the price and it has a lot of usable, versatile colours in it to choose from.

If you're just starting out experimenting with makeup or aren't willing to pay the higher prices of Urban Decay, MAC, Clinique et al. then I would certainly recommend giving the MUA palettes a try. They have others in the range which I also own and overall I've been really pleased with them.

on 5/29/2013 6:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I rushed to buy this after seeing some video reviews which compared each shade to the Naked palette. I do not own the UD palette and would not invest so much money in one product (especially since I have so many products already) so I figured out I could give this a try. Man, you cannot go wrong with it! the colors are beautiful and really easy to pair to create everyday looks. I love the combinations you can make with it and with a good primer it lasts the whole day for me. the consistency it's not the creamiest but it's also not bad considering it is so cheap. really easy to carry around as well since it's so compact, even though I find the packaging it's not the best and tends to be a bit too fragile. definetly a great buy for its price, and MUA often has discount and free products so it's just a good staple to keep in your collection.

Like others, I couldn't pass this up at £4 from MUA, as a Naked dupe. The colours are pretty spot on, and swatched side by side, Undressed is virtually identical. Shimmer shades are fantastic, although as you'd expect, the mattes are a tiny bit under par, nothing that extra application and careful blending can't cure. Excellent lasting power, especially over SInsurance or UDPP. This little palette is fairly sturdy, but at £4 I'm happy to chuck it in a bag and go. If it breaks, and it hasn't yet, well, I'll get another.

on 3/28/2013 8:08:00 PM

I bought this palette after hearing it was a very good dupe of the UD naked palette. At 3, I have to admit I was highly dubious of this claim but for the price I had nothing to lose. My first impressions were that it looked extremely cheap, the packaging is dated and flimsy looking. The colours are almost identical to the UD palette though.
I used primer before applying this. I found the the shades to be highly pigmented and they blended easily. The colour did not fade or crease unlike other cheaper eye shadows. After eight hours it still looked great! I'm amazed!