Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish Lasting Velvet

Kanebo Sensai Fluid Finish Lasting Velvet
Sensai Fluid Finish Lasting Velvet

on 10/27/2016 3:54:00 AM

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I would normally use Estee Lauder Double Wear and was looking for something with a lighter consistency but the same effect. ( Not asking for much I know ) . I stumbled on this foundation by accident and thought why not give it a chance and I am very glad I did. This foundation glided on very easily with both fingers and brush giving a lovely build-able coverage without caking or drying. It set to a lovely matt finish with a soft dew effect that wasn't over shiny. It feels lovely on my skin, not drying in the slightest. Colour matching wise the FV202 Soft Beige is perfect colour match for NC20/25 in Mac and C21 in Double wear. The packing is lovely and neat with a solid pump that is lacking in the Double Wear bottles. I will definitely be buying more of this foundation.

on 5/25/2013 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best foundations out there. Provides medium coverage. The coverage is buildable and it will not look cakey at all, far from it. Gives such a beautiful sheen and glow to your face. Your face will feel and look like velvet. Give it a try!

on 1/15/2013 11:39:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So I was browsing nm.com and remembered the great reviews of this. Well, I thought it was this but I apparently bought the newer model which supposedly lasts longer. Okay, so I hate this foundation. I have it in 202 soft beige which is a fine match for my light-med skin. Yellowish but natural base. However, there is very little coverage and it's really patchy on and layering is quite difficult. I've used brushes, my fingers and my BB and fingers work fine with a light bounce of a sponge after. I settled on fingers cause even with a damp BB it took about 2 1/2 pumps to get the coverage I needed. It also just looks really unnatural and totally emphasizes my pores seemingly eating up my Clinique pore refiner. IT also isn't nearly as long lasting as others, maybe 8 hours of wear time. I'm not sure if they're phasing out the other but it's currently still the only one listed on Neiman's website. I guess I'll check around to get the original but now I'm kinda gun shy as this was such a fail. 2 stars for the pump and the packaging.