Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay, I really loved this. I wasn’t to since I had really bad experiences with makeup in the past and even stopped wearing for over eight months because I couldn’t find any that didn’t make my face a gross, oily, streaky mess. I had just about given up on makeup completely (figuring that it was hopeless and nothing was going to be right for my skin), but decided to try again and out of sheer luck, I came across this. The texture of this is hard to explain, but amazing. Very light, airy and smooth. Also, great coverage for a primer. I have acne scars on one cheek and it helped quite a bit in blurring them. It didn’t get oily on my skin throughout the day, did smooth out my skin texture AND stayed in place all day (even in 102 degree California heat on a beach day) under my bareMinerals READY powder. Even looks nice when worn alone, good for a quick trip to the store (quick application and you get some coverage along with SPF 30). I would definitely recommend this product, I see this as the kind of product that would work on many different skin types, except for maybe really dry skin types because I have oily skin and it still flakes a little on my dry spots if I forget to moisturize before rubbing this on.

Update: As i really love purchasing new makeup, i seldom keep using the same product for very long. However, it has been over a year and I am still loving this product and have repurchased (only once, as a 1 oz tube lasted me 6 months with daily use). Granted, It did not get as much use during the winter months as I now know that this can really cling to any dry patches on the skin even on someone with skin like mine, combination but mostly oily. Now that we are getting back into the 100+ degree weather days here in California, this is a godsend. I love to use this (with Tarte's own Amazonian Clay Concealer, which melts beautifully over the top of this, more so than with any other base product I have tried it with), under my Bare Minerals READY Tinted Touch-Up veil, and top that off with Makeup Forever's Cream Blush (in 410, a universally flattering coral shade) all these products together give the most beautiful "natural" summer look (I just thought I would mention something that might make a good combination of products for those, like me, with sensitive/combination skin as they transition into the hotter weather, and possibly want to "lighten up" their look:). This BB Primer is definitely the key to how smooth it looks, and gives me more confidence when up close to others as i know this is not making my face look cakey and overly done. :)

on 1/21/2013 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this BB Primer! My skin is oily/combination and this leaves a beautiful matte velvet like appearance to my face. It has a light but buildable coverage. If you don't have major imperfections and hyperpigmentation to cover...this will work well alone without the need for foundation. The tan (MAC NC 45) shade blended with my skin seamlessly without leaving me yellow, orange, red, gray, muddy or ashy. My skin is also usually very sensitive and some products (especially those with sunscreen) makes it go crazy with breakouts but this has not caused me to have a single pimple. That alone is amazing to me! This will be a staple product in my cosmetic collection from now on.