Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

4.3

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

A really good bb cream, it has nice coverage. Light and comfortable. It has sunscreen which is good for the skin. This bb cream blends beautifully and well. It is easy to apply and take off. It is lightweight with has an excellent pigmentation. Will lasts all day and your face will look smooth and flawless.

I bought this product after a friend of mine raves about how much she loved it for her oily skin. I picked up the travel size (thankful I didn't purchase full size) in the Light shade. After the first use, I was impressed. I loved the coverage, the smooth application, and how light weight it felt. However, after a week I noticed a small breakout on my chin, I figured it was probably hormonal but stopped using the product just in case. My skin cleared up in about 3 days and I decided to give this another shot. WRONG! After 3 days of use, I am now dealing with another breakout on my chin, a white head on my right cheek, and a small cystic breakout on my left cheek. I wanted to love this product so much but I just cannot deal with these breakouts. I am going to steer clear of Tarte's primers/BB creams and foundations from now on.

on 3/25/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

EDIT:
After trying this out in a variety of different settings, I don't like it as much as I initially did.. Because the color selection is the equivalent of S!HT and the light is like more of a medium and thus is way too dark, and the fair is way too light.... when you wear this "bb tinted whatever its called" for more than 6ish hours (depends on the weather) it begins to cake up and because the color is not amazng but a "i can make it work with some extra bronzer" it just looks SO BAD after a while and your face ends up looking like a smeared/caked-on-oily pile of ash.

SOOOO, I'm changing my 4 star rating to a 3 star rating because it's 12 hour claim is a load of ...B....S.... :)

-----

Lets start by saying I have oily skin. This bb-tinted 12 hour primer has its fair share of pros and cons.

What I didnt like about this product is that the color selection sucks. Fair was too light and light was way too dark. And i'm not huge on buying 2 and mixing them together, I know some people don't mind doing this, but if I'm paying over 20$ for a foundation/tinted moisturizer, I expect a better color selection.

The second thing I didn't like about it is that It is so overpriced for how much product you get, i mean at about 62$ Canadian with tax... no, its not worth it. It comes in a plastic tube for god sakes!!!

The third thing i didn't like is the feeling of the bb tinted moisturizer, it just feels so weird!! I hate the process of putting it on, it just feels too mousse-like. (Once it's on I don't really feel like I have anything on though)

The only huge pro about this product and is the only reason that I'd probably re-purchase if I don't find anything better, is its lasting power. I haven't tested it out for 12 hours, but its the only product that I don't look greasy within 3 hours. I don't wear a primer underneath or put on a setting spray because in my opinion, for every day, that's just way too many steps.

Also, I have no idea what people are talking about and how it doesn't have enough coverage.....I think this has plenty of coverage and sometimes too much. I never wear concealer with this. As a side note, I don't have blemishes and very rarely get blemishes, I suffer from those damn 'underneath the skin skin-colored pimples' or whatever they're called.

I use this product just to even out my skin tone (I don't have good skin in that regard, I look so sick and have yet to find something that will help with that) and the product accomplishes this well and usually for as long as I want it to on my beloved, dearest oily skin.

For reference, I hated the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (even the oil-free version) not enough coverage/evening out my skin tone and what they claim as oil free is a joke, I was greasy upon application.
Bobbi Brown bb cream is good in my books
smashbox bb & cc, peter thomas roth cc, dior bb are all ok
shiseido tinted moisturizer..lets not even talk about it (aka worst product ever...don't buy it)

I will only repurchase if I don't find anything better, to my oillies out there, please message me if you have suggestions!

I LOVE this stuff. Got a sample in some other tarte products, and fell in love w/the texture- I am very tan right now, and just ordered both the medium and tan, with brushes, which are on special at qvc right now. I did set it with a little light mineral powder (not much!) but I think I've found my foundation for the summer, and hopefully beyond. It is very light weight, but I went back over a couple of 'those' places on my face, with my fingers, and it held through two nights of all out dancing and being up all night. I have combo skin, sensitive, and love the way this wears- I'm not sure about the 12 hour claim, but can attest to the durability of this during high humidity, high temps., and vigorous exercise. Bravo, tarte.

on 4/29/2014 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So I bought this BB crean on a whim on my last trip to Sephora a little over a month ago. I don't usually buy anything without throughly researching first but I was feeling spontaneous and I'm so glad I ended up buying it!

This BB primer has a really soft, silky feel when applying that I really like. I usually put a small blob on the back of my hand so the warmth of my skin can help warm it up, I then dot it all over my face and use a damp beauty blender sponge to blend it in. The damp BB sponge sheers it out a little which is sometimes what I want but I do occasionally apply it by stippling with my fingers if I want more coverage. It really has amazing coverage for a BB cream in my opinion, I can almost wear out with just concealer. I would say it is almost like a light weight foundation in terms of coverage and it is definitely buildable, though I wouldn't try to put it past two layers. I have found that it can be drying if you have really dry skin or flaky healing blemishes but as long as your properly exfoliate, tone, and use a good moisturizer prior to application, it's fine. It is quite long lasting, it does become slightly dewy on my combo skin midway through the day but it just looks even more natural and not at all gross or greasy.

I sometimes use it under my foundation but I have found that it does not play well with Laura Mercier Silk Creme or it's cousin Tarte's 12hr Amazonian Clay foundation. Both of these foundations are very similar in texture so I can understand why neither of them work with it. When worn under those foundations it tends to create blotchiness as the day wears on, at least on me, and with LMSC if you try to touch up your makeup wherever you try to blend begins to pill up and flake off. It works ok under Urban Decay Naked skin but for the most part I still prefer to use Too Faced Primed and Poreless under my foundations.

I LOVE this BB cream on it's own. It does a great job at evening out any slight variations in skin tone and really blurs my acne scarring and tones down redness, it won't cover really dark marks or scars but that's what concealer is for. I have light golden-olive skin that really likes to hold on to acne scars for dear life and Tarte's tinted BB primer really makes me feel ok about not wearing a full face of makeup to run a quick errand. It looks very natural and feels weightless, it is going to be a staple in my summer makeup bag for sure!

I bought it in Light and though it may be a little too light for me when I am very tan in the summer, it works well for my current NC20ish skin and is forgiving enough that I feel that I will be able to make it work in this shade for a while before having to buy the next darkest one, which I am afraid may not be a the best undertone match for me.

I even got my mom to try it who is in her early 50s and she has taken a liking to it as well, I just ordered one for her! She doesn't wear a lot of makeup but she has been using Bobby Brown BB cream that she said that was too drying on her skin, she feels that this is silkier and not as drying as her Bobby Brown BB.

If you are looking for a semi-matte BB cream with great coverage, give it a try!

on 4/19/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love this and have ran out and purchased this again and again. For me the medium shade is perfect. I didn't like the primer feel at first but it grew on me and the winning element to this is that it stays on all day for me. I wouldn't recommend this for dry skin but normal to oily would work great. I gave my mom a sample of this and now she is hooked. The best bb cream for me so far.

this product is lovely. very smooth on the skin but it does a great job of evening out my redness. I probably will purchase this again. The only negative I have with this product is that when I look up close in a mirror I can see where the it settles into my pores which is quite nit-picky I know but other tarte products dont have this effect.

I really like this product. I was at Ulta and trying to repurchase the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation that I also use. The SA recomended that I try this out since they were sold out of the Amazonian Clay foundation. So I took her advice and on a whim tried it out!
It was a great recomendation, I have notice that it has helped improve the imperfections on my face, like brown freckles around my nose and under my eyes from sun damage. It has also decreased the acne that have been getting from time to time, usually hormonal or I think it is hormonal
I use the light medium shade and it works just fine for my NC 30 skin color. The coverage is great and a little goes a long way. I do apply it with my foundation brush, then apply powder and then translucent powder on top. I have a tendency to be oily in the t zone area, and do apply powder mid way through my day on my nose and chin.
Over all, I now switch back and fourth between my Tarte Amazonian Clay full coverage foundation and this Tarte BB tinted, depending on the occasion or if I really want to go a little more made up or a little more played down.
My daughter, 20 also puchased this product and really likes it. She did try the Amazonian Full Coverage, but it was to heavy for her. This is light and not heavy at all.
I will repurchase this in the future, however I am dying to try the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation mattifying oil free.
Hopefully you will find sucess with this too...I always save my receipts in case it doesn't work out...you can always return it and try another product.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I Loveee this product!!!!! i bought the garnier bb cream and i have dry skin and it made my face oily.. but i got a sample of the tarte bb cream AND I FELL IN LOVEE!!!!! it made my face even i use it as a primer with my kat von d and this too togetherrrr MY FACE LOOKS FLAWLESS!!!!!!!

on 3/6/2013 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I am a fan of Tarte products and was given a sample of this BB cream when I went to Sephora. I love the matte finish and the fact that this product does not break me out.