Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

4.4

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 2/17/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for 2 weeks, combo-oily skin, with a VERY OILY forehead/t-zone. I am medium with warm, yellow undertones - originally I bought Medium online but it looked way too red on me. I exchanged it for the shade Medium-Tan, which is a better match. This is great for wearing by itself for everyday wear, or underneath/mixed with foundation for a full coverage look.

THE FORMULA. The finish is semi-matte, dewy enough to look very natural looking (if the shade is slightly off, this can easily be mixed with some foundation). This has a strong lasting power on my combination skin. I have an oily T-zone with an extremely oily forehead. I'll apply this 7:30-8am — without doing ANY touch-ups during the workday — and get back home around 6:00pm. Even after 9-10 hrs, the product is still holding strong to my face and my forehead has a very MINIMAL, barely noticeable amount of oil. Compared to other primers, this stuff WORKS to control oil. If I touch it up with a quick blot or powder, this definitely lasts its' 12-hour claim. I know no primer or product will completely control my oily forehead, but this product has stood up to it for the longest time w/o touch-ups. At the end of day (abt 10:00pm) when I take my makeup off, most of the product is miraculously still on my forehead and hasn't slid completely off, like most other products do.

One great thing that makes this BB primer stick out is the SPF 30, great for protection against the sun.

But also mentionable is... While I didn't think my face was extremely sensitive to SPF, lately I've been getting blackheads and small bumps on on my cheeks & forehead. The only other product I've introduced during this time is an oil cleanser to do a double-cleanse (Julep's Love Your Bare Face), so that may be the reason why I'm experiencing this. I may update this review after I've switched the cleanser out.

tl;dr - tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hr primer has a long-lasting formula that is excellent in controlling my oily T-zone, but MAYBE has caused an increase of blackheads and bumps on my cheeks/forehead.

on 10/26/2016 8:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My makeup routine was taking up too much time in the morning and the FIT Me foundation I was using was starting to look too heavy/cakey and just gross on my face, so I started the hunt for a product with lighter to medium coverage.

I decided to go into Sephora and wing it. I was tossing up between the Coloured Clay CC Primer and the Tinted 12-hour Primer. The colour match for the Tinted Primer in medium was a good match for my skin (if a tiny bit dark, but that was good as I was going on holiday to Fiji in a few weeks and it would have been a perfect match by then.)

I've been using this product for a good 3 months now and I can confidently say this will be a staple in my makeup kit. I squeeze out a pea-sized amount and dot it around my face, then just rub it in with my fingers. Blends like a dream and does such a nice job of covering small blemishes and evening out my skin tone. For work I usually follow with concealer, powder & setting spray and it lasts the whole day, and by the end of the day my face seriously looks 'lit from within.' I would go as far as to say my skin looks better at the end of the day than it does in the morning. There is only a slight shine on my t-zone and it rubs off where my glasses sit on my nose but I've yet to come across a product that stays through that.

It cut my makeup routine by at least 10 minutes (crucial for a sleepy girl like me) and it even looks good on it's own - on a weekend I just slap it on with some bronzer and liquid highlighter and gives me the perfect no-makeup look.

Seriously great product, I feel like combo-oily girls who don't like the full matte finish will enjoy this product.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

lets see, where do i begin ... i bought this bb cream LAST YEAR April 2013. it is now November 2014, on the tube it says expires dec. 2014 and i am now done with the product. BOY did i LOVE this stuff!! by far this has been the best bb cream for me. a little pricey ($30), but it has lasted this long and was definitely worth it! i will repurchase today. one TINY pump goes a long way. i used it as a moisturizer and primer. one thing i got sooo irritated by is that little bamboo cap, i seem to drop that little sucker everytime i twist open, it seems to slip out of my fingers and fall into the cracks of dirty corners. i havent been to sephora in a while so i hope they changed the packaging.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I picked up the trial size on my last trip to Sephora. Osheaga was coming up and I wanted something more like a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation since I would be outside all day for 3 days straight. I saw this while waiting in the check out line (those damn impulse buy items, Sephora knows how to get you). The small size was only $10 so I figured I would give it a shot. I was a bit confused because it says tinted treatment. I looked it up and apparently it works as an anti-aging treatment along with being a primer, moisturizer, light foundation and sunscreen.

I was pretty happy with how this product worked out for me. Luckily, the color matched my skin tone. I applied only a little bit with my clean hands since I was going to a music festival and didn't need TOO much coverage. It evened out my skin and it has a nice satin finish. It is buildable, however, if that's what you're looking for. I just wouldn't label this product as a full coverage foundation. It's definitely just light-medium coverage.

It lasted pretty well also. This might be my staple music festival bb cream from now on!

on 1/29/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The first bb cream I ever tried was the maybelline one that was all the rage..it was terrible as it left me with no coverage and super oily throughout the day. I started doing research on bb creams and this one seemed to be one of the top choices. I figured it was good since it was always sold out in my shade at my local ulta.

Price- The price is significantly more than drugstore brands but it' s totally worth it. You don't have to use too much so the tube will last you a few months

Packaging- it comes in a white tube which isn't my fave. The tube is white so after a few uses it may get stained and start looking pretty dirty. I would suggest cutting off the top and picking out the leftover product with a q-tip once you can't squeeze out anymore product.

Coverage- this is great for a light to slightly medium coverage. I a full coverage type of girl and dont mind doing full face foundation during the week. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage I got from this. It evened out my skin tone fairly well..I have really dark under eye circles and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. Considering that this isn't a foundation it has good coverage for a bb cream. It also smoothed out my skin and minimized my poors. It also left my skin feeling pretty silky and slightly moisturized. Keepin mind, I have combo/oily skin. Just be careful mot to put on too much product because then it looks streaky and uneven. It does have sof as well which is always good.

Routine- I will use this in one of two routines 1- I use my ambi dark spot correcting cream on my dark spots and let it dry. Then I'll apply the tarte bb cream and let dry. I follow it with a few small light dabs of the the hard candy glamouflage concealer and then top it off with my studio fix powder. This provides what I feel to be full coberage without needing to use liquid foundation. I may need to blot 2-3 times during the day but never retouch. This is my everyday look.
The second routine is more for when I'm on the run and don't need full coverage but I don't want to leave the house without ANYTHING on. Lol. This is my on the go I need to run errands sat morning routine. I just moisturize and let dry then apply the bb cream. I top it off with my powder and go. This is more medium coverage but works well.

The biggest misconception is that people think this IS a primer. It just supposedly has a built in primer. I dont suggest it for that. In fact, although it didn't leave me as oily as the maybelline bb cream if used alone you will still get shine.you need to set this with a powder. All in all I really did like this product.I am already on my second purchase and will be purchasing again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had been curious about using a BB cream for some time, and finally bit the bullet and went to Ulta for a reccomendation. The associate went for the Tart BB cream and I absolutely love it! I have some scarring from a previous bout with acne, but this covers well enough and evens out my skin tone wonderfully. The light, airy texture is amazing. I love everything about this product and would buy it again and again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I still have mixed feelings about BB creams. It seems so pricey for a tinted moisturizer. I don't typically wear any foundation, and like to minimize any product I don't need to use. I have to admit that a BB cream, for myself, seems like an extra step, but when I'm looking for a little more coverage, this will absolutely be my go to product. It's sheer enough to not feel like a foundation, but has a little coverage and acts a bit like a primer (bous). I almost wish I liked to wear that base layer because the product itself is amazing.

I do have to say, however, this BB cream was super luxe feeling on my skin. That alone was why I even bought the product. It blends well. The pigment was spot on for me. It made my skin feel silky and not "makeupy" at all.

If you are in the market for a BB cream you must try it. It really is one of my favorite Tarte products I've ever tried. I guess I just need to find more dressy makeup occassions. :) haha

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this BB cream but I ended up exchanging it for something else. I have combo skin, oily in the t-zone and normal everywhere else, slightly acne prone. What I appreciate about tarte products is that they never make me break out. It also has decent light coverage, good for evening skin tone, and a little goes a long way. Not really buildable though - the more you use, the more that ends up on your fingers.

I used it for about a week but each day after 3-4 hours max my face would become extremely oily when the product claims to control oil for x amount of hours. It also transfers more than I expected. Anything transfers if you wipe it but even blotting transfers a lot more than it should. Maybe its just because my skin got oily? I don't know. It also wasn't helpful that they don't have a color that matches my skin tone. I am a NC 42 in mac, so the medium was too light and the tan way too dark which made my face look dirty once my face got oily.

Price wise, it isn't ridiculously expensive but I was not satisfied with the product for the price. The packaging is cute like other tarte products, no complaints there. Like I said, I exchanged the product for something else. It didn't work for me but I could see how someone with drier or normal skin would like this product. I am now trying the Too Faced bb cream in beach glow. Hoping this will work a little better for me.