Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

4.5

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

I would say it's a good product, as it really make my skin looks smoother. BUT, the colour option are terrible. I'm NC25 gal... the medium is too dark, the light is too orange... In the end, I had to mix medium with lighter normal foundation, which adds the coverage, whis is a plus! :D

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was looking to up my base/primer game and I'm also trying to switch to cruelty-free products so the staff at Sephora recommended this and I LOVE IT!

I use this in Medium. The first time I used it, I applied with my fingers and it worked but it was kinda thick. The second time I used a stippling brush, and it was fantastic. Blended really well, gave the right amount of coverage and saves product that way too. I wear it on it's own for lazy days when I don't need a full face of make up. It saves me a lot of time. As a primer, it really makes the rest of my make up stick. When I need a matte finish (which is most days coz I live in a humid, tropical country), I wear powder foundation over, but I now use a lot less than I did with my previous BB cream coz this Tarte product just makes it all stick so much better. It keeps me matte much longer through the day. It's long-wearing, seems to be rather waterproof, and it doesn't make me break out! Definitely gonna add this as a staple product in my beauty regime from now on!

on 3/5/2016 12:27:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a surprise. I wasn't expecting this to work but it did.

I saw the mini version in Sephora and decided to buy to try it out. I bought the light shade which was the closest to my skin tone.

The first time I use it, I applied it with my fingers. Worked but I found the layer too thick. Second time I tried, I applied it with my Beautyblender. Surprisingly, it didn't spread as well. In fact, quite a bit of product was soaked up by my Beautyblender, so I had to use more. The third time, I used my RT Expert Face Brush to buff in the initial layer. It blended really well and I was able to add another layer for more coverage with the same brush. Then, depending on how much coverage I need on that day, I used my Beautyblender (normal and micro-sized) to 'bounce' in more product on the spots that need more coverage, namely the blemishes, visible pores and fine lines and around the eyes. Lastly, I set it with my EM's finishing dust.

This is a highly pigmented primer with a foundation-like coverage, which saves me a lot of time. Especially on days I'm in a rush or when I'm feeling lazy but still need to even out my skin or need the level of coverage afforded by foundations. It's long-wearing and waterproof, but doesn't break me out. It's also not as pricey as some of the other Tarte's primers and foundations.

I suppose this may become one of my staple products because not only it works, it's rather convenient to use.

on 1/8/2016 8:39:00 PM

This is a very nice product! Doesn't broke me out, glides smoothly, gives nice feeling and its not sticky at all! Recommended

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Love this BB cream. The texture is incredibly smooth, and when you put it on your skin it really blends in. Usually it's super obvious to me when someone has foundation on.
It's very light and doesn't have very high coverage but it's the perfect amount for me.
I don't wear it every day, but when I do, my skin feels softer and clearer at the end of the day when I take it off.
I use it on its own and I just apply it with my fingers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this. First off, I have to say that I love how Tarte is all-natural, cruelty free, and has some products that are also vegan.

I have this product in the shade "light" for my NC25 skin, and I find that it is the perfect fit.

I love using this BB cream on days where I just want a sheer and natural look - whether on a roadtrip or at the beach. I use a beautyblending sponge and it works wonderfully. I find that this BB cream gives amazing sunscreen coverage and it stays put on my face even after a swim.

What I find gimmicky is the claim that "diamond particles" are in this BB cream. I mean... what magical properties do diamond particles have? It does nothing to human skin and it sounds more like a gimmick than anything. This BB cream isn't even sparkly or shimmery, just matte and sheer.
Also, don't use this "BB cream primer" as a primer (that's probably another gimmick) and I can imagine the colours of a foundation and this product mixing together to make an uneven looking face. Just use this product as a facial sunscreen / BB cream.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought a travel size one at Sephora and man, I wished I got the full size one! The product is very liquid-y and light. Although coverage is meh, but this is meant to be light, so I used my liquid foundation as my concealer, and set everything with Laneige sun powder.

Although I have asian skin tone, I bought the light shade ( I forgot to check the shade, as it was an impulse buy along the Sephora cashiers) but it turns out surprisingly well. However, it seems to oxidise, giving a darker shade towards midday, which is a tad disappointing.

Colours are buildable and blurs out the pores. Will definitely buy this again!

on 8/16/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I hardly ever write reviews but in this case I had to. I love love love this Tarte BB Primer. I used it mainly as primer and sunscreen. Pricing isn't as bad if you think about primer and sunscreen combined. The coverage is amazing and I used my sheer foundations with this like now I've been using my Givenchy Tient Couture which is let's say light to medium, with Tarte as primer this gives almost full proof full coverage to hide my freckles away and I know most would say embrace your freckles but freckles doesn't look good on me as I am Asian. Not saying all Asians but I'm saying just on me. I got the sample size I can't remember how I got it and I found it by accidentally as I was cleaning old dried up samples away. I will purchase the full size as soon as this sample is done. Good for daytime and summer time I would say 👍

on 8/7/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

In love with this! Great coverage, controls oil, and doesn't cause breakouts. The finish is satin, which is neither too matte nor dewy. I rarely have to do touchups when I wear this on, plus I don't even have to set it with powder!

Full review here:

on 3/22/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Wowzers!!! This stuff is amazing. Talk about easily flawless. I discovered this when I was Hawaii and loved how I just had to put this one and I was ready to enjoy my holiday. I can't find Tarte in Australia so I had to order tubes from eBay (and of course pay more for the privilege).

I got Medium and a little goes a long way. I find that mixing it with my Moogoo moisturiser means it leaves a fresh and glowing finish where if I use it alone it looks a tad mask-like with my colouring. I have received so many compliments on how great my skin looks when I've thrown this on and rushed off to work. The face looks radiant! Imperfections seem to disappear and the ingredient list is free of most nasties. No irritations or big break outs associated with this product - thank goodness!!!

Waterproof - yes, it stayed on after the beach and through the Australian summer heat and humidity.
Easy to apply, no fuss - definitely. It can't get easier than one step!
Flattering finish - big resounding yes!

I don't think it stays on 12 hours, perhaps more 8+ hours especially after setting it with translucent powder. Unfortunately products that contain silicones like this clog my skin and I end up with so many little bumps after awhile. Most probably my own issue though with not helping my skin turnover quick enough. I had no issue with it for 6 months though so it gives me hope! One tube lasted me 4-5 months but I purposely used it more sparingly seeings as the cost was quite high per mL. It's a winner for an easy day look and helps other makeup hold on as well.

People have been telling me I have been looking tired lately, probably because I've given this a rest for a little bit until I get on top of my congestion. Maybe time to go back so that people say nicer things hahaha.