Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.7

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

on 6/11/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this has been reformulated or not, but when I used it a few years ago I really liked it. It was easy to apply, decent coverage for a BB, and dried to a nice, matte finish. It never settled into my pores and it never oxidized. Fast forward to now...and the tube I bought recently....I hate this stuff! I swear, it's like I bought a totally different product. (I know I didn't because I actually took the old expired tube into Ulta with me for reference). It still applies easily, but it settles into all my pores now. Adding a primer underneath took care of that problem, but the primer only helped for a few hours. It started breaking up & it oxidized like crazy! I use the Light shade and it turned completely orange on me. Oompah Loompa Orange. Bottom line, I don't understand why this stuff worked so well for me in the past and does not work AT ALL for me now, but I'm seriously disappointed. It's utterly unusable for me now.

on 3/9/2017 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally love all things by Tarte but I regret falling into the hype about this BB Cream. Yes it has good sun protection, a decent shade range and lovely minimalist packaging. However, for me, I find that the product sits right on top of my skin and doesn't blend well at all.Even with a Beauty Blender, it leaves streaks on my face. It feels very silicone-y and greasy and transfers onto my clothes; even when setting with a powder. At $47 CAD, I feel like the product should preform much better in terms of settling into the skin. I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/26/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing rave reviews by vloggers, but I have to say that it's not amazing. I had been using the Face Shop Matte BB Cushion as everyday go-to coverage, but found that it took too long to apply, so was on the lookout for tinted moisturiser you could apply quickly with your fingers and be done. The first problem was that the seal on the thing isn't actually glued on, so it moves easily and the cream just drips everywhere. When I opened it at home I thought it had been used. So I took it all the way back to Sephora, and the shop assistant opened up all the other tubes and found the same thing had happened. Annoying, but who cares, as long as the cream itself is as good as they say?

Well...the cream claims to be hydrating, and so in theory you could use it without having to apply moisturiser first. I was completely wrong on that front. With the bb cream on without moisturiser, the drier parts of my face were flaking, and the non-dry parts looked powdery. With the exception of areas around my nose, my skin isn't particularly dry at all, but the hydration in this cream just wasn't enough. You would definitely need to use a separate moisturiser underneath this unless you have super oily skin. This is more of an After-Moisturiser Tinted...Something. Tarte calls it a "treatment", so I guess technically speaking, the labelling isn't misleading.

The finish is described as natural-looking by a lot of vloggers, but I found that it was cakey and powdery in places, making it seem like I had powdered my face instead of using a cream. I also missed the slightly dewy, glowing look of my Face Shop BB Cushion - there isn't any glow to be found with this cream, just a flat...and need I say it again, powdery look.

The cream retails for $46 here in Sephora Australia, which is definitely overpriced for something that does a decent job but lacks any outstanding qualities that would compel you to buy it instead of paying the same amount for a bb cushion or cream with a better finish.

I imagine it will look less powdery with a layer of moisturiser underneath it, so I'll be applying moisturiser, waiting for it to sink in, and then layering on this bb cream - the same process I go through with the BB cushion, and my Missha bb cream, so really, getting this defeated my original purpose. Oh well, if I ever graduate from bb creams to foundation then this could be a good primer, and it could give me more coverage under my bb cushion, so I guess it hasn't been a complete waste of time.

on 2/19/2017 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Oh my! Where has this product been all my life and why had I never heard of it? This product is amazing. It evens out my skin tone and then I just set it with a light powder and I look 90% better. On days when I want more coverage I use concealer and then this product. It does cling to dry spots so I always moisturize right before applying and this solves that problem. I have oily combination skin and sweat a lot loving in the south but this holds up all day. It is NOT full coverage but it does cover and even out your skin tone enough so it looks natural.

on 2/17/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for 2 weeks, combo-oily skin, with a VERY OILY forehead/t-zone. I am medium with warm, yellow undertones - originally I bought Medium online but it looked way too red on me. I exchanged it for the shade Medium-Tan, which is a better match. This is great for wearing by itself for everyday wear, or underneath/mixed with foundation for a full coverage look.

THE FORMULA. The finish is semi-matte, dewy enough to look very natural looking (if the shade is slightly off, this can easily be mixed with some foundation). This has a strong lasting power on my combination skin. I have an oily T-zone with an extremely oily forehead. I'll apply this 7:30-8am — without doing ANY touch-ups during the workday — and get back home around 6:00pm. Even after 9-10 hrs, the product is still holding strong to my face and my forehead has a very MINIMAL, barely noticeable amount of oil. Compared to other primers, this stuff WORKS to control oil. If I touch it up with a quick blot or powder, this definitely lasts its' 12-hour claim. I know no primer or product will completely control my oily forehead, but this product has stood up to it for the longest time w/o touch-ups. At the end of day (abt 10:00pm) when I take my makeup off, most of the product is miraculously still on my forehead and hasn't slid completely off, like most other products do.

One great thing that makes this BB primer stick out is the SPF 30, great for protection against the sun.

But also mentionable is... While I didn't think my face was extremely sensitive to SPF, lately I've been getting blackheads and small bumps on on my cheeks & forehead. The only other product I've introduced during this time is an oil cleanser to do a double-cleanse (Julep's Love Your Bare Face), so that may be the reason why I'm experiencing this. I may update this review after I've switched the cleanser out.

tl;dr - tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hr primer has a long-lasting formula that is excellent in controlling my oily T-zone, but MAYBE has caused an increase of blackheads and bumps on my cheeks/forehead.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recently my acne has gotten really bad and I wanted to cover it up because I'm an insecure person :') so I normally used the Neutrogena acne concealer and some Target foundation in their Boots No.7 line and for a while my skin felt absolutely disgusting because of the foundation and acne, even though the foundation is advertised for acne. I noticed I was getting clogged and wanted to try something new and I wish I would've bought this earlier!

My skin is extremely oily and my foundation would always look gross by the end of the day but this BB cream stays on like no tomorrow and mattifies my face so much, I've been getting so many compliments on my skin because it literally erases my acne scarring and makes my skin look so clear, smooth, and matte. I use this with the Anastasia Born this Way concealer and my skin looks as smooth as a baby's butt. My skin has not been clogged by this product at all and I use just my hands to smooth it over my face and blends so well, and you can definitely layer the products on because it's so buildable.

on 8/29/2016 1:19:00 AM

I loved this product at first, but now it breaks me out. When I first used it, I absolutely loved it. A tiny bit went a very long way, my skin looked smooth natural, and it was the perfect match for my skin tone (I got the medium). However, now I'm breaking out all over my forehead and t zone area. I've never suffered from acne before, so I'm certain its this stuff. I'm not sure what is in it that I'm allergic to. I really wish I could continue using it, but it looks like it's on to the next one..

on 8/21/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great texture! I use it in Medium and it makes my skin look almost airbrushed and glowing. I was actually asked how I have such good skin thanks to this.

Sheer coverage, good for everyday use. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long.
Also, the travel sized version is considerably cheaper than the regular one - $28/oz as opposed to $36/oz. No wonder all the travel ones are sold out. :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Got this at Sephora. I bought the travel size just to test it out. I was really impress how well the product sits on my face and super happy it didn't broke me out. I usually stay away from make up fearing my acne will go crazy. Even with my oily face and humid environment this bb cream stayed put and controlled my oil well. I do need to blot after couple of hours. I like the fact that it is light enough for my skin to breath but still offer enough coverage. If you're skin is more on drier side I would recommend using a very moisturising moisturiser ahead of this. It can be a bit too dry for non-oily skin. I took a lippie away since it's rather expensive and comes in limited shades. Do wish they'll expand the shades in the future.

Pros:
- didn't broke me out (YAY!!)
- very smooth texture
- controls oil well (survived the humidity of a tropical country)
- buildable
- comes in high SPF
- packaging is nice & easy to store

Cons:
- very limited shades (5 in regular size & only 2 in travel size)
- expensive for the amount you're getting
- still need to use corrector/concealer (it doesn't cover scars/spots completely)

Update: this transfers quite a bit every time I blot. I'm on the oily side. It does cover redness around my nose. The colour is not a match to my skin tone but can be compensated with powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a user-friendly bb cream. You can easily use your fingers and just spread out.

This product has a matte finish.