Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.9

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Not quite a primer, it has tint. Not quite a BB cream, too sheer. Got this to use under my foundations lacking sunscreen and to also up the spf in those that do. If you have ever used a silicone-based primer, then you can understand what I mean when I say it spreads and feels just like a silicone based primer. If you don't, then I suggest you try to sample it and see if you'll like the feeling. Because there is no water as one of the main "base" ingredients, it spreads very silky and then sort of settles in and sets. I chose the shade "fair" and it's almost white, a tad too light for me to wear on its own, and the shade "fair" was too peachy.
It adds a little bit of radiance to an otherwise matte foundation... I have been wearing it under the tarte 12-hour full coverage foundation (rated only spf 15) and I can notice the difference as the full coverage foundation is otherwise dull, I like this combination the best. I also wear it under the tarte hybrid jel (no spf) which is primarily why I got it, but it feels a little heavy, so I don't wear it that often.
I give it one lippie off because it is so very heavy on the 'cones... if I try to apply more than a tiny amount it feels heavy and makes me itch around my nose. I'm not sure exactly how much of this I should be applying to get the SPF 30 either. I'm going to have to give it more time to make a decision on whether or not I'd repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- it feels like a dream (very silicone) when I apply it to my face
- there are 4 shades (fair, light, medium, tan)
- it blends seamlessly into the skin if your skin isn't too dry (not sure how it works on oily skin)
- SPF 30

Cons:
- it directly cracks up on every single dry patch that I have and accentuate skin texture. I can seamlessly blend it on my hand, but I can't do that on my face
- once dried it looks very powdery and cakey all over the face
- coverage is minimal

Terrible product. Won't repurchase.

on 2/17/2017 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this for 2 weeks, combo-oily skin, with a VERY OILY forehead/t-zone. I am medium with warm, yellow undertones - originally I bought Medium online but it looked way too red on me. I exchanged it for the shade Medium-Tan, which is a better match. This is great for wearing by itself for everyday wear, or underneath/mixed with foundation for a full coverage look.

THE FORMULA. The finish is semi-matte, dewy enough to look very natural looking (if the shade is slightly off, this can easily be mixed with some foundation). This has a strong lasting power on my combination skin. I have an oily T-zone with an extremely oily forehead. I'll apply this 7:30-8am — without doing ANY touch-ups during the workday — and get back home around 6:00pm. Even after 9-10 hrs, the product is still holding strong to my face and my forehead has a very MINIMAL, barely noticeable amount of oil. Compared to other primers, this stuff WORKS to control oil. If I touch it up with a quick blot or powder, this definitely lasts its' 12-hour claim. I know no primer or product will completely control my oily forehead, but this product has stood up to it for the longest time w/o touch-ups. At the end of day (abt 10:00pm) when I take my makeup off, most of the product is miraculously still on my forehead and hasn't slid completely off, like most other products do.

One great thing that makes this BB primer stick out is the SPF 30, great for protection against the sun.

But also mentionable is... While I didn't think my face was extremely sensitive to SPF, lately I've been getting blackheads and small bumps on on my cheeks & forehead. The only other product I've introduced during this time is an oil cleanser to do a double-cleanse (Julep's Love Your Bare Face), so that may be the reason why I'm experiencing this. I may update this review after I've switched the cleanser out.

tl;dr - tarte's BB tinted treatment 12-hr primer has a long-lasting formula that is excellent in controlling my oily T-zone, but MAYBE has caused an increase of blackheads and bumps on my cheeks/forehead.

on 8/21/2016 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great texture! I use it in Medium and it makes my skin look almost airbrushed and glowing. I was actually asked how I have such good skin thanks to this.

Sheer coverage, good for everyday use. Unfortunately, it doesn't last too long.
Also, the travel sized version is considerably cheaper than the regular one - $28/oz as opposed to $36/oz. No wonder all the travel ones are sold out. :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a user-friendly bb cream. You can easily use your fingers and just spread out.

This product has a matte finish.

on 12/14/2015 9:27:00 PM

It's so interesting how these reviews are all either one lippie or five! Okay, I really thought this stuff was awesome at first -- it gave me a smooth and velvety feel, made my skin look practically perfect, didn't break me out overnight, didn't smell like sunscreen... I really thought I had found the answer. I rarely get along with primers, BB creams, or sunscreen but this somehow rolled them into one and came out awesome!

My only small complaint was that I would have preferred a fair-light shade that wasn't quite as yellow as the light one.

However, the point was moot. I should have known better than to try a product with all that silicone. It hasn't worked for me in the past, and it's not working now. Three days in and I am breaking out all over -- at age 62! And I did my darnedest to clean it all off at night. This is the product that finally convinced me that it really was the silicone.

But I gave it a three because it's a product I would love to be able to use.

on 11/28/2015 5:33:00 PM

Sephora had a travel size so I figured I would try it. My skin is pretty good so I wear it alone and sometimes I wear bare minerals over it. The coverage is good if you have good skin but their aren't a wide variety of colors and although the medium blends into my skin I had a sample of the med-tan and felt it gave me a bit more color,the medium was a tad too light. I do like the texture though and like that I can wear it alone

on 11/26/2015 1:23:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Covers so well, feels Amazing, blends incredibly and is a great primer but with coverage! Wear alone or for a full coverage look with foundation or powder. Also has a beautiful matte finish which I love because I am oily proned.

on 10/26/2015 11:10:00 PM

What a disappointment this product is. I seem to be in the small minority of people for whom it transforms skin into an oil slick within minutes. My skin is not usually all that oily. As soon as I put this onto my skin (only a small amount), it feels as though my skin is suffocating. It's a sort of 'smothered' feeling. Perhaps this is what causes my skin to freak out and start producing a crazy amount of oil? Within about one hour of having foundation on over this primer, the foundation starts to get patchy and separate. If I touch my face, I come away with greasy, makeupy fingers. Really terrible stuff, and so expensive. I had the same experience with Tarte Amazonian Clay Primer...maybe Tarte products and my skin just don't get along!

on 8/24/2015 3:33:00 PM

I was devoted to Revlon Colorstay for years, then they changed the formula.. So I continue my search for something to replace their old formula, the struggle is real, it involves a lot of buying and returning and sampling.

While I was using Estee Lauder DW, I wanted something lighter for everyday. The rep at Sephora helped me pick this out, she gave me Medium so that I could wear it when I was back from a trip to Mexico. The color is a tad to dark on me now, so I bought the travel size in Light and find that has an peachy tinge to it, so I like to mix the Light and Medium together, in short, I wish they had more color options.

EDIT: This breaks me out if I wear it everyday, so I wear it randomly but not more than once a week.

My skin: AGE 27, I am super oily, acne prone, clog prone, sensitive skin, large pores. This does not irritate my skin and has not made my hormonal chin acne worse and I have been wearing it for 6 months. I would make sure you moisturize prior to putting this on, even though I have oily skin, if I have any loose flakes I didn't notice before putting this on, this will accentuate it and then they are noticed!

The thing I like about this is I don't have to try when I'm putting it on, as long as I moisturize well I just use my fingers and blend it in, but I am trying to go for the natural look. If I try to layer it or put it on as full coverage it does not work and it looks bad so I don't use it for a glam/made up look.

Pros:
Controls Oil
Easy to apply
Smooths pores
Lasts throughout my work day

Cons:
Shade selection
Can't build coverage