Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by hair type : Other
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.5

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
- SPF30 sunscreen
- Can be worn alone as a tinted moisturiser
- Soes blur imperfections like age spots and discoloration
- Doesn't look like foundation
- Soft velvet matte finish
- Super light yellow based "Fair" shade for porcelain skin (NC10).
- Pairs well worn over or mixed with an oil serum (I mix mine with Red Raspberry Seed Oil as it is reputed to have SPF 28, so I don't lower the SPF)
- Unscented, Gluten-Free
- Does not irritate my sensitive skin
- Does not clog my pores much

CONS:
- Works as a tinted moisturiser but doesn't work well as a Primer. Rolls into rubbery little balls and comes off in patches when worn over any moisturiser or under any foundation I pair it with. Even if I wait 10 minutes (works with facial oil only).
- Makes my skin look as dry and cracked as a lizard. I have to blend in facial oil with it or it is unusable. I can't even use it on the backs of my hands they look so old!
- Hard to get the last 1/3, I had to cut mine open to get the last 10 days out of it :(
- Expensive, does not get included in Tarte's foundation sales
- Oversold, is not a "treatment" as labelled

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

What is it about makeup that makes us keep looking for something better when you already have something near perfect. I've been using and loving this product for years, and I keep purchasing and getting rid of similar products in the search of something better. Nothing I have tried comes close in terms of lasting power, it literally stays on for 12 hours. This goes on smoothly, has great coverage, minimizes pores, and doesn't make me greasy or break me out. I hope tarte keeps making this forever.

on 7/22/2015 10:04:00 AM

I'm a little confused by this hybrid product. It has the slippy silicone feel of a primer which doesn't bother me under foundation but I don't like in a standalone product. If you want any coverage to wear it alone you have to use a lot and I don't like the feeling of building up this product. Also the shade range is pretty limited if you want to wear it as a bb cream. I'm in between fair and light. If you have any sort of dry patches this will just cling to them and make them extremely noticeable.
But on to the good note, It's very good at oil control!

Edit: so I tried this as a primer under my Mac face & body foundation and it was great! Added a little bit of coverage and lasted really well throughout the day. So definitely no as a standalone be cream but makes a great primer for extra coverage
I did a side by side comparison of the bb primer compared to my too faced primed and pore less primer and while I think the too faced primer did a better job of oil control, the bb primer was comparable and did last all day as well

on 2/15/2015 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I'm one of the few that this won't work for, I guess. I have DRY skin and this made my skin even drier, even itchy and scaly. It is extremely matte finish - NO dewy look at all which is a typical trait of BB Creams and why I like them.

I layered 2 applications of Neutrogena BB Cream on top to try to get some life back in my face. But I just end up with cakey, dry scales.

Also I spent time swatching this at Sephora to get the right shade and I chose the lightest (Fair). The next shade, Light seemed very orange in the tube and was way too dark. But when I apply Fair to my entire face, I look goth!

Overall I can tell this is a high quality product but NOT for DRY dry dry skin like mine. And the lack of shades is disappointing. Fair is basically sunscreen white and Light is orange.... What the heck

EDITED: this has been on my face 1 hour and I can't stand it. My face is so dry and itchy, my skin is now stretched tight and is absolutely miserable. This is going back to Sephora tomorrow.

I gave this 3 lippies because it is a great product I think on oily skin.

on 10/6/2014 8:13:00 PM

I have large pores, sensitive oily/combo skin. This is the best BB ever! I have tried so many of them! I like the coverage of this better than many foundations. I work 12 hour shifts and this does not slide around at all! Great product! I love the travel size for my workout bag too!

I've been using this for quite a few months now and I love it! It covers better than any foundation I've tried... it applies beautifully and like silk... I use fair as I'm light but I am NW20 for reference... For a BB cream, the color range is good and best of all, SPF 30. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase....

on 5/3/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bad Bad bad for my dehydrated/oily acne prone skin
Ing list is short and cant see what irritated my skin so much (maybe the stearic acid?)
I found it to be dry/caky and sat on top of my skin
Also by end of the first day I had tons of blackheads on my t-zone...returned asap!

Cute packaging, but I wish this BB cream wouldn't wipe off so easily. It comes off if I accidentally touch my face or swipe my face with my sleeve. I have good skin and usually don't need more than tinted moisturizer (which I sometimes add more moisturizer to thin it out more), but this product gave my skin a weird texture. It made my skin feel like silicone, like a Barbie doll's legs. I'm not sure if this is something people aim for or not? I prefer to have my skin feel more natural. In the past I have used Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizers, and those products are much higher quality than this. I will continue to use this BB cream because I'm not picky and it doesn't break me out, but if you're someone who is more particular, you might not like this.

on 1/29/2014 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

The first bb cream I ever tried was the maybelline one that was all the rage..it was terrible as it left me with no coverage and super oily throughout the day. I started doing research on bb creams and this one seemed to be one of the top choices. I figured it was good since it was always sold out in my shade at my local ulta.

Price- The price is significantly more than drugstore brands but it' s totally worth it. You don't have to use too much so the tube will last you a few months

Packaging- it comes in a white tube which isn't my fave. The tube is white so after a few uses it may get stained and start looking pretty dirty. I would suggest cutting off the top and picking out the leftover product with a q-tip once you can't squeeze out anymore product.

Coverage- this is great for a light to slightly medium coverage. I a full coverage type of girl and dont mind doing full face foundation during the week. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage I got from this. It evened out my skin tone fairly well..I have really dark under eye circles and dark spots caused by hyperpigmentation. Considering that this isn't a foundation it has good coverage for a bb cream. It also smoothed out my skin and minimized my poors. It also left my skin feeling pretty silky and slightly moisturized. Keepin mind, I have combo/oily skin. Just be careful mot to put on too much product because then it looks streaky and uneven. It does have sof as well which is always good.

Routine- I will use this in one of two routines 1- I use my ambi dark spot correcting cream on my dark spots and let it dry. Then I'll apply the tarte bb cream and let dry. I follow it with a few small light dabs of the the hard candy glamouflage concealer and then top it off with my studio fix powder. This provides what I feel to be full coberage without needing to use liquid foundation. I may need to blot 2-3 times during the day but never retouch. This is my everyday look.
The second routine is more for when I'm on the run and don't need full coverage but I don't want to leave the house without ANYTHING on. Lol. This is my on the go I need to run errands sat morning routine. I just moisturize and let dry then apply the bb cream. I top it off with my powder and go. This is more medium coverage but works well.

The biggest misconception is that people think this IS a primer. It just supposedly has a built in primer. I dont suggest it for that. In fact, although it didn't leave me as oily as the maybelline bb cream if used alone you will still get shine.you need to set this with a powder. All in all I really did like this product.I am already on my second purchase and will be purchasing again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I will put it this way, if you have clear smooth skin and need some coverage/protection, this is great.

This is definitely more of a primer vs. a BB. I wear this then top it off with some powder foundation for more coverage. It's good to get rid of some redness, but I don't find this to fill in my pores at all. It actually makes them more noticeable.

The thing I like the most about this would be the light feel and ease of application. That's mostly it but I won't be repurchasing this again. There are definitely better primers and BB creams out there.