Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Tarte BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

3.6

Sunscreen ingredients: titanium dioxide 4.55%, zinc oxide 3.50% -Titanium Dioxide -Zinc Oxide Other ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polysilicone-11, Mica, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Diamond Powder, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I purchased this product on sale in the color "light". My usual shade in Tarte foundations is Light Neutral. My skin is oily, with some deep smile lines and large pores (more like craters) in my T-zone. I also have fine wrinkles on my chin and around my lips (don't smoke, kids. Seriously.).

Pros:
1) Extends the protection of my SPF 50 sunblock.

2) Blends easily into skin

3) Smooths skin fairly well.

Cons:
1) Oily skin can affect wear time.

2) Sheerer than most BB creams I have tried.

3) A Minimal range of colors

Review:
As stated above, I have active, oily skin with a lot of texture. I initially purchased this product when I was on a BB cream kick; somehow I thought my ruddy, acne-marked skin could be balanced out with these lightly colored products. I'm still trying to figure out BB creams. Do I use them like foundations, or like tinted moisturizers? Should I apply them under over my sunblock? I chose to use them over sunblock, and more like a foundation rather than a part of my skin care routine.

As a BB cream, this did not work for me. It's so sheer that when I applied it onto my florid skin it disappeared. It's so emollient that building it up just left my skin super-moist and my oily skin made it break up almost immediately. I can't get any kind of coverage from this product in order to even out my skin tone.

As a primer, however, I have decent results for a few hours. I can smooth it over my cheeks, press it into my T-zone, and apply a powder foundation or a face powder over it and I get a smooth, almost poreless look to my skin. I have to use this with an oil control primer spray and finishing spray (Skindinavia Oil Control Primer Spray and Oil Free Finishing Spray), however, to get any kind of extended wear on it. Because it's summer and wretchedly hot and humid, I get maybe two hours of coverage from this before it starts to break up on my chin and cake around my nose and in my smile lines, and settle into those fine lines (I'm serious. If you smoke, quit. Even if you vape, quit. Once those lines develop they don't go away.).

In short, if you have normal or combo skin this may work for you. With my florid, textured, oily skin, I only see this extending the protection of my sunblock and giving me minimal help as a primer. There are better products out there with lower price points. It's okay, and I'll continue using it until it's gone or it goes bad. I just won't be replacing it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, I originally thought that the CC+ by It Cosmetics was my dream foundation/base, but this BB primer is the best thing I've ever put on my face. I have very oily skin and this stuff keeps me fairly matte for a good amount of time before I get a dewy finish. I set this BB cream with the Rimmel Match Loose Powder and I am so matte which is as dream for an oily girl like myself. I love the feeling of a velvety primer and this is definitely a velvety feel all day. I love this!!! Which it had a pump in the packaging but not everything can be perfect.

on 6/11/2017 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm not sure if this has been reformulated or not, but when I used it a few years ago I really liked it. It was easy to apply, decent coverage for a BB, and dried to a nice, matte finish. It never settled into my pores and it never oxidized. Fast forward to now...and the tube I bought recently....I hate this stuff! I swear, it's like I bought a totally different product. (I know I didn't because I actually took the old expired tube into Ulta with me for reference). It still applies easily, but it settles into all my pores now. Adding a primer underneath took care of that problem, but the primer only helped for a few hours. It started breaking up & it oxidized like crazy! I use the Light shade and it turned completely orange on me. Oompah Loompa Orange. Bottom line, I don't understand why this stuff worked so well for me in the past and does not work AT ALL for me now, but I'm seriously disappointed. It's utterly unusable for me now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pros:
- it feels like a dream (very silicone) when I apply it to my face
- there are 4 shades (fair, light, medium, tan)
- it blends seamlessly into the skin if your skin isn't too dry (not sure how it works on oily skin)
- SPF 30

Cons:
- it directly cracks up on every single dry patch that I have and accentuate skin texture. I can seamlessly blend it on my hand, but I can't do that on my face
- once dried it looks very powdery and cakey all over the face
- coverage is minimal

Terrible product. Won't repurchase.

on 3/9/2017 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally love all things by Tarte but I regret falling into the hype about this BB Cream. Yes it has good sun protection, a decent shade range and lovely minimalist packaging. However, for me, I find that the product sits right on top of my skin and doesn't blend well at all.Even with a Beauty Blender, it leaves streaks on my face. It feels very silicone-y and greasy and transfers onto my clothes; even when setting with a powder. At $47 CAD, I feel like the product should preform much better in terms of settling into the skin. I won't be repurchasing.

on 2/26/2017 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this after seeing rave reviews by vloggers, but I have to say that it's not amazing. I had been using the Face Shop Matte BB Cushion as everyday go-to coverage, but found that it took too long to apply, so was on the lookout for tinted moisturiser you could apply quickly with your fingers and be done. The first problem was that the seal on the thing isn't actually glued on, so it moves easily and the cream just drips everywhere. When I opened it at home I thought it had been used. So I took it all the way back to Sephora, and the shop assistant opened up all the other tubes and found the same thing had happened. Annoying, but who cares, as long as the cream itself is as good as they say?

Well...the cream claims to be hydrating, and so in theory you could use it without having to apply moisturiser first. I was completely wrong on that front. With the bb cream on without moisturiser, the drier parts of my face were flaking, and the non-dry parts looked powdery. With the exception of areas around my nose, my skin isn't particularly dry at all, but the hydration in this cream just wasn't enough. You would definitely need to use a separate moisturiser underneath this unless you have super oily skin. This is more of an After-Moisturiser Tinted...Something. Tarte calls it a "treatment", so I guess technically speaking, the labelling isn't misleading.

The finish is described as natural-looking by a lot of vloggers, but I found that it was cakey and powdery in places, making it seem like I had powdered my face instead of using a cream. I also missed the slightly dewy, glowing look of my Face Shop BB Cushion - there isn't any glow to be found with this cream, just a flat...and need I say it again, powdery look.

The cream retails for $46 here in Sephora Australia, which is definitely overpriced for something that does a decent job but lacks any outstanding qualities that would compel you to buy it instead of paying the same amount for a bb cushion or cream with a better finish.

I imagine it will look less powdery with a layer of moisturiser underneath it, so I'll be applying moisturiser, waiting for it to sink in, and then layering on this bb cream - the same process I go through with the BB cushion, and my Missha bb cream, so really, getting this defeated my original purpose. Oh well, if I ever graduate from bb creams to foundation then this could be a good primer, and it could give me more coverage under my bb cushion, so I guess it hasn't been a complete waste of time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Recently my acne has gotten really bad and I wanted to cover it up because I'm an insecure person :') so I normally used the Neutrogena acne concealer and some Target foundation in their Boots No.7 line and for a while my skin felt absolutely disgusting because of the foundation and acne, even though the foundation is advertised for acne. I noticed I was getting clogged and wanted to try something new and I wish I would've bought this earlier!

My skin is extremely oily and my foundation would always look gross by the end of the day but this BB cream stays on like no tomorrow and mattifies my face so much, I've been getting so many compliments on my skin because it literally erases my acne scarring and makes my skin look so clear, smooth, and matte. I use this with the Anastasia Born this Way concealer and my skin looks as smooth as a baby's butt. My skin has not been clogged by this product at all and I use just my hands to smooth it over my face and blends so well, and you can definitely layer the products on because it's so buildable.

on 1/8/2016 8:39:00 PM

This is a very nice product! Doesn't broke me out, glides smoothly, gives nice feeling and its not sticky at all! Recommended

on 11/26/2015 1:23:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE! Covers so well, feels Amazing, blends incredibly and is a great primer but with coverage! Wear alone or for a full coverage look with foundation or powder. Also has a beautiful matte finish which I love because I am oily proned.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my base of choice this past summer. The shade Light worked with my summer tanned NC 35 skin and it was such a comfortable and easy base to wear. I initially looked into finding a cheaper alternative with the same first two ingredients in the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Cyclopentasiloxane and Isododecane, which was a combination that was difficult to find. I stumbled upon this BB cream from Tarte, which not only contained the initial ingredients but also felt very similar to the texture of the Hourglass primer, perhaps the Tarte is more mousse-y in consistency.

Colour wise, I think I was lucky: the shade Light is actually more of a traditional medium shade with a orange lean, which matched my tan. Coverage was in between a light to medium, more on the medium end, not buildable - it did a great job of evening my skin tone but I wouldn't rely on it for a flawless canvas. I was certain when researching this product, it does contain SPF ingredients, but for whatever reason, I can't find this info on the bottle or packaging itself; either way, I don't trust it for flash photography.

I rub in a pea size amount with fingers, focusing on the center of my face where I get the oiliest, have the biggest pores, and most redness to cover up. It does a decent job of countering all three skin issues I have that I do not use another foundation over it, just dabs of concealer where I have stubborn imperfections. I use a light dusting of powder to set and this will last me for a good 6 hours before I need to blot.

Lastly, I recommend getting the travel size of this BB cream from Sephora; in Canada, a full size is 1 oz for $43 CDN, while the travel size is 0.5 oz for $17 CDN.